Patch Notes 10.7

+
Honestly, I like the idea and decision of Renfri. I just think that her current stats are too strong. So I am waiting for some nerf.

Deck diversity has fallen to all time lows not seen since Viy or Tunnel Drill.
They were not introducing neutral units in Beta for a reason. Now all I see are the same cards in different factions. It's beyond stupid and kills all the identity the factions had. A horrendous idea and even worse implementation.

i think the problem of renfri is she plays for too much points with almost no setup (only the deckbuilding) and still is a corryover.

Lets take scenarios, for example. Usually they play for low tempo on deploy, getting value over the rounds. So, a good strategy against scenarios is do a bleed in round 2 untill it came out with low tempo in deploy.

Agains renfri there is no sucj strategy. Renfri its good tempo on deploy (7 points its good) and also you dont necessary need to use the leader abillity, so if opponent just pass you will carryover the leader for round 3.

Also renfri can be played so many times. They made scenarios doomed for not play so many times and now you have a better card that you can play a lof of times.

What i will start to do to change her.

First of all, make her low tempo on deploy, so she need to low the base power. Problably to 2 or 3.

Also make her doomed and with immunity, so you cant purify her and you cant play her again.

Maybe with this 2 small changes there is no need to made changes on provision and the leaders abillity.

i think the problem of renfri is she plays for too much points with almost no setup (only the deckbuilding) and still is a corryover.

Lets take scenarios, for example. Usually they play for low tempo on deploy, getting value over the rounds. So, a good strategy against scenarios is do a bleed in round 2 untill it came out with low tempo in deploy.

Agains renfri there is no sucj strategy. Renfri its good tempo on deploy (7 points its good) and also you dont necessary need to use the leader abillity, so if opponent just pass you will carryover the leader for round 3.

Also renfri can be played so many times. They made scenarios doomed for not play so many times and now you have a better card that you can play a lof of times.

First of all, make her low tempo on deploy, so she need to low the base power. Problably to 2 or 3.

Also make her doomed and with immunity, so you cant purify her and you cant play her again.

Maybe with this 2 small changes there is no need to made changes on provision and the leaders abillity.
Renfri is like Hearthstone, best highroller wins.
I don't like this design, at all.

The card needs to be completely destroyed.

The card needs to be completely destroyed.
This. Even though you can somewhat improve your chances with Rune Mage, it's still another highroll card. People still HATE Bribery, they should do so with Renfri too (even though she isn't NG lol).

I agree on the 1st part, its ridiculous she has such a big body on top of the strongest abilities in the game.

The 2nd suggestion would not work - siegfried purifies both doomed and immunity, and there's that NG gold guy nobody uses (not even me!) that can also purify a row. Still, giving her doomed would be a good step in nerfing her, althought not enough.

Maybe my concept if a 'highroll card' is different.
Yes, there is an element of RNG in Renfri.
But to me she is not a highroll card, when even her worst options are still miles better than any other card in Gwent, so she's reliable AF.

Renfri is killing deck diversity because it's neutral and too OP.

I believe you shouldn't define new archetypes based on a single neutral card, like this all minions deck, because of exactly what we're seeing with the latest two expansions. If the neutral is OP, then every single faction will run that, as it happened with GN and Aerondight. Besides, when a powerful unbalanced card is released, but it belongs to a certain faction, only that faction is affected, and not the whole game like this current meta disaster.

Instead, neutrals should exist to strengthen the factions' already existing archetypes or to add some different techs/options to them.

Some suggestions to fix Renfri:
  1. Add a condition that Renfri can only substitute a base leader's ability. This way, you mostly won't be able to play her deploy condition more than once;
  2. If the player used the base leader's ability or any of its charges, Renfri's curse will actually be a curse and have some adverse effects. Otherwise, if the base leader wasn't used, unlock full Renfri's potential;
  3. Not a change to Renfri directly, but Renfri's Gang is too OP for thining bronzes. Either make it 5 power each or make them Gold cards like the witchers trio, so that they cannot be easily replicated (Megascopes, Foltest...).

Maybe my concept if a 'highroll card' is different.
Yes, there is an element of RNG in Renfri.
But to me she is not a highroll card, when even her worst options are still miles better than any other card in Gwent, so she's reliable AF.
In a mirror match between two players of similar skill , the one who rolls the best Renfri will win almost every single time.
Same stuff in golden nekker/aerondight meta ( but that was even worse, because of the coin ).

It's hilarious that after every release/patch we have to deal with crazy broken neutral cards ( and it' s so obvious they are broken, just read them! ).
I'm really curious to know who tested them and, after some games, said: "it's fine, we can deliver".

lol..

Renfri is killing deck diversity because it's neutral and too OP.

I believe you shouldn't define new archetypes based on a single neutral card, like this all minions deck, because of exactly what we're seeing with the latest two expansions. If the neutral is OP, then every single faction will run that, as it happened with GN and Aerondight.
Actually, although I totally agree that Renfri is absurdly OP, I think there is a huge difference between Renfri and Nekker/Nova/Aerondight. Renfri — even though usually paired with Renfri’s gang, other thinning, and tutoring — still results in decks that reflect the character of other cards in the deck. Different factions, and even different choices within the same faction, can still give the decks different feels. Because of Aerondight rewarding high tempo and over-commitment, the old Nekker decks were all about slamming as many points as fast as possible — so all support cards were high-tempo point-slam, and all decks felt the same. Since the Aerondight nerf, Nekker decks are also showing better variety.

Although I object to the over-poweredness of the cards, I don’t mind neutral cards being strong if they retain the separate faction identities.

Just give Renfri a neutral card restriction in addition to the 25 units and make her 15 provisions. Maybe cdpr could flesh out the bandit achetype more. Her most broken aspect is how she engenders a player to recklessly throw their leader ability away round 1, only to get a new one back immediately. Renfri decks play as a new player at low rank who overcommits every single time but instead of getting punished for it, wins the match with ease. I don't really know who Renfri is, as I have only played the videogames. But is she supposed to be powerful or something?

Although I object to the over-poweredness of the cards, I don’t mind neutral cards being strong if they retain the separate faction identities.
I get what you're saying about deck variety, and agree in theory, but it hasn't really tallied with my experience this month. For me, whenever a deck has Renfri in, everything else is window-dressing. It's just a matter of waiting while the other cards are played, until the opponent reveals Renfri or her gang, at which point you realise what you're facing.

At the moment they aren't assorted decks with Renfri in, they're Renfri decks with assorted other cards in. That's the problem.
Post automatically merged:

I don't really know who Renfri is, as I have only played the videogames. But is she supposed to be powerful or something?
Not this powerful! She's a fairly major character in a few episodes of the Netflix series. But no more important than Stregobor, if you want context. And how many decks are built around him?

Just give Renfri a neutral card restriction in addition to the 25 units and make her 15 provisions. Maybe cdpr could flesh out the bandit achetype more. Her most broken aspect is how she engenders a player to recklessly throw their leader ability away round 1, only to get a new one back immediately. Renfri decks play as a new player at low rank who overcommits every single time but instead of getting punished for it, wins the match with ease. I don't really know who Renfri is, as I have only played the videogames. But is she supposed to be powerful or something?
Renfri its a side character that apears in one chapter in The first book. Geral makes sex with her and one Day later He killed her, and thats it.

There is some doubt if she have indeed a curse thats make her more powerfull than a regular person or if she is Just a regular person that trained and have some skills.

Problably we have only 20 pages in The book about her.

Buuut, a cuck guy start a campain in chans that he will release one new card per day (made in card generator) untill devs make a renfri cards.

What start with a joke takes a huge propprtion and players start to support his campain.

So, with all that effort, devs decide to create The "renfri card", and, of course, made her too OP.

So, after all, problably her abillity would went to another card, but. In another hand, problably devs wants to make her too OP because all the noise players did
Post automatically merged:

About nerfs.

Devs problably will nerf cat untill the ground, like they always do with MO when a card is good.

But the problem its not cat itself, but The whole interaction with AQ and sabaath, cards that should be changed like 3 season ago.

AQ was definetly made to works well with deathwish cards, so why they dont make it?

Deploy - consume a card.
Deathwish - if The card consumed has deathwish tag, spawn a copy of it in this row.

Thats it, they break the toxic combo, AQ still is a good card in deathwish decks and everything is fine, and they dont need to nerf cat too much.

About nerf cat, Yes its a good card, but breaking The AQ combo its only a good card. Problably it needs one or 2 provision nerf but thats it

Last edited:
So, after all, problably her abillity would went to another card, but. In another hand, problably devs wants to make her too OP because all the noise players did.

Yes. You are probably right. When you say it like that, it's almost as if the devs switched the abilities of Ethibald and Renfri. Doesn't it make more sense for the prophet to have have Renfri's ability. Meanwhile Ethibald does damage based on how many cursed cards you play. The latter fits Renfri being a bandit angry about the "stolen birthright" (in her voiceline).

I think Renfri should be Doomed Special, so she can’t be replayed multiple times (not counting Practitioner spam and Double Cross high roll).

That way she can’t be Bribed, can’t be spied for Coup-Terranova replays and also that way it removes big 7 p body of her, which is obviously op.
Her deck restriction can go down to 24 (in order to include her and try to be competitive).

Yes. You are probably right. When you say it like that, it's almost as if the devs switched the abilities of Ethibald and Renfri. Doesn't it make more sense for the prophet to have have Renfri's ability. Meanwhile Ethibald does damage based on how many cursed cards you play. The latter fits Renfri being a bandit angry about the "stolen birthright" (in her voiceline).
Yes, but i think even if ethibald (or any other card) had her abillity The curses and bleesing problably would be less "agressive" (or OP or whatever you want to call it)

I think because players had made a massive campain devs want to give a superb card.

Even i know devs make a lot of errors. Its hard to me to beleve they wouldnt make this big error knowing ther card was too op

I want this Renfri nightmare to end...
This is even WORSE than the kekker fiasco, every single deck is using this garbage card, and I almost don't blame them because if you want to win, why wouldn't you play the most OP card there is? Why rely on skill when you can just play like trash and have this card bail you out for your mistakes with its insane power level alone?

In all my time playing this game I can say for sure that I have NEVER seen a more OP card. People have suggested CDPR power creeps the game intentionally to get people to spend money on kegs and I didn't want to believe it at first because of the amount of good-will this company has, but there is NO way the testers could not see the issue before this made it into the game.

You want to make money CDPR? Start selling dart boards with Renfri's face on it!

This is even WORSE than the kekker fiasco, every single deck is using this garbage card, and I almost don't blame them because if you want to win, why wouldn't you play the most OP card there is? Why rely on skill when you can just play like trash and have this card bail you out for your mistakes with its insane power level alone?
I don't know which one is worse, but it's a good battle lol. Obviously they are both terrible and caused by the same problems ( op neutral cards, tons of rng and huge variance ). And this is concerning.
In all my time playing this game I can say for sure that I have NEVER seen a more OP card. People have suggested CDPR power creeps the game intentionally to get people to spend money on kegs and I didn't want to believe it at first because of the amount of good-will this company has,
Of course they do, but for me it's not the only reason.
but there is NO way the testers could not see the issue before this made it into the game.

You want to make money CDPR? Start selling dart boards with Renfri's face on it!
My bet: there is 1 overworked tester or they don't exist, at all.
I am inclined to think this way because you can clearly understand how broken Renfri is in 1/2 days max, after trying her against different archetypes. Is remotely possible that a full team of testers ( which are supposed to understand how a card game like Gwent works ) couldn't notice such a huge miss in terms of balance?
Nah, i don't believe in fables.

Top Bottom