Patch Notes 10.9

+
I’m definitely gonna try good old Helge-Letho duo
With new Skellen (plus recently buffed Syanna) if all this sticks, it should be an easy board-wipe

It’s ridiculous how many old tactics still see play after so many iterations of powercreep (not the Diplomacy off course which allows playing new cards too).

But unfortunately as @DRK3 said neither Hefty Helge nor Fire Scorpions live (almost all the time they die the turn they’re played).
Sad but reasonable :)

Also idk why they randomly buffed Ardal, the card was very strong in a right deck

Also idk why they randomly buffed Ardal, the card was very strong in a right deck
I think the problem with Ardal is that his ability to be effective is entirely dependent upon his opponent’s deck. I, at least, cannot see a way to design a deck to give him value unless my opponent “ helps”.

I think the problem with Ardal is that his ability to be effective is entirely dependent upon his opponent’s deck. I, at least, cannot see a way to design a deck to give him value unless my opponent “ helps”.

That’s true.
Most times I use him to reset a 14-boosted unit and to draw a card I previously Yenvoed.
But against decks without boosts he just draws a card while opponent gets his bronze back.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I am disappointed you dont know about the meme deck i made last year for "Ardal trolling"...

1. Play hyperthin to 1
2. Play cantarella
3. Ardal on cantarella
4. Laugh in a smug way :ohstopit:

I am disappointed you dont know about the meme deck i made last year for "Ardal trolling"...

1. Play hyperthin to 1
2. Play cantarella
3. Ardal on cantarella
4. Laugh in a smug way :ohstopit:
Or play Mill, play rodrick And ardall on rodrick

DRK3

Forum veteran
Did they hotfix crossbowmen again? Im pretty sure it had 2 armor and now only has 1.

I think this card was ridiculously overtuned, nerfing its power and armor helps a bit, but against a deck with little control, it will still do absurds amount of damage in a long round, like no other bronze can do.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Unless you've already seen this one, yes: tweet from September 7th.
No, i was unaware the hotfix included all those changes, i was only informed about the power going from 4 to 3, so i thought the other changes came from a different hotfix.

Well, with the deploy damage change, the card may actually be balanced, now it all makes sense why i havent seen the card used anymore :shrug:

Elephant in the room was omitted in the hotfix - the new Tibor.

The status recursion damage is a terrible bug, and if it`s a feature - it`s even worse.

The status Tibor gives to enemy units should be fixed ASAP , to: "if this unit receives any DIFFERENT status".

If this kind of recursive auto-win mechanics goes through, then it looks as there is barely any testing before each patch...

They even starts playing syanna on Skellen now :D Lol
Screenshot_20220912-165935_Gwent.jpg

Well, with the deploy damage change, the card may actually be balanced, now it all makes sense why i havent seen the card used anymore :shrug:
Yep, if the card is in a normal state not 'broken easy win state' it's unplayable for the majority of players i'm against I imagine.
Another question, is there a hotfix where the game now is a Nilfgard rank ladder?
Post automatically merged:

Yep, if the card is in a normal state not 'broken easy win state' it's unplayable for the majority of players i'm against I imagine.
Another question, is there a hotfix where the game now is a Nilfgard rank ladder?
Nevermind, i opened the https://www.playgwent.com/en/decks page and got my answer, thanks.

Attachments

• 1663095399847.png
    1663095399847.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Ardal is just another cheated NG card
Even if u dont remove boost of an unit
U can allway put back any unit u want in opponent hand and draw a card
And he have 7 point body Strength
So imagine u played a Hamadryad or a fleder and u boosted it to 14, the dude will just remove all that boost put back that unit in ur hand and draw a card, wich will be his strongest one bc he played jan calveit just before
With his 7 body Strength
It a move of 21 points + draw a card
Ardal is the reason why I avoid playing boost units
The epic moment when I faced it opponent used his ardal on my Tuirseach Skirmisher
Bad idéa bc i've Kambi, so i sent his skellen to graveyard

For playing Kambi :beer:
At the begining i added Kambi bc, blaze of glory is totaly helpless against ST traps, with Kambi i just need the perfect timing to send eldain to graveyard
Even if i dont get his eldain at least when playing against those kind of deck i know i've a chance to beat them
Post automatically merged:

For playing Kambi :beer:
Even if I think Kambi need to be nerfed to have more strength like 8 points
After all, it just send the right card of each player to graveyard
But it cool, how many renfri, eldain, regis i killed just need the perfect timing play it after matta or triss or after jan calveit when they draw an card

Last edited:
Top Bottom