Patch Notes 10.9

+
Holy shit, whenever you think mechanics couldn't get worse, Gwent gameplay designers go like: Hold our beers. Why are they changing thing just for the sake of change instead of actually fixing mechanics? I really don't get it?!
Next month,
Devs: Hold my beer.
Hahahaha

DRK3

Forum veteran
It seems like there was a hotfix, to target AF crossbowmen and Triss Meteor Shower.

I am not surprised in the least, in fact, yesterday i was testing a AF crossbowmen deck, i freakin 2-0ed a Renfri pirates deck, which made me wonder if the broken level of a powercreep card finally warranted a hotfix, and seems i was right :shrug:

Yeah i just had my weirdest loss because of a crossbowman, the card still showed 4 power but it's actually 3 now.
A deserved nerf though, it was definitely an outlier.

Next month,
Devs: Hold my beer.
Hahahaha

This soldier's rework is totally absurd, the "Flanking" stuff is beyond anything I see in many other competitive games.
Flanking = Engine + Removal? WTH!
The only way to play against this is pure removal....
Post automatically merged:

Getting hard to keep playing this game. Zero changes to SK...
Actually, lack of enthusiasm and commitment when it comes to content creation is how games drop dead.

DRK3

Forum veteran
New Decks after Patch.jpg

Deck list after the new patch... (i've been busy :shrug:)

And a bit of spoilers, on what you can expect on the Deck of the Day thread on the following weeks...

Vrygheff - Power changed from 4 to 7.

Provision cost changed from 8 to 6.

Ability changed to:

Zeal. Order: Trigger the end of turn abilities of 2 allied bronze Soldiers.

So.. it's a 6 Prov 7 Power unit that can trigger end of turn for 2 allied soldiers which means it's a 6 prov 9 GUARANTEED on deploy, AND it has order/zeal function AND it synergizes with the soldier trait.

Um... that's a pretty good card for a 6 prov lol :)

And I thought this unit was good:
Gellert Bleinheim
But then this is 7 prov. and actually has some sort of negative condition "5 ad. purify self"

These new cards they added just are out of control with no constraints.

THIS is an example of a great card design Salamander
It has risks, it has potential, and yes, it isn't over powered. It is creative AND... it's like never played.

The new cards they make, while they mean to do good, end up CANIBALIZING their own past creativities.
That is what's so sad.
They kill their own past efforts.

Do you remember the witcher patch? Eskel, Lambert, and Vesemir? When was the last time you saw them? T.T Great ideas, but couldn't keep up with the point inflation. Even up to that patch, they created cards that require set up. Even those three cards required to be played with Adrenaline 4 and each cost 7 provision to play. If you had one of the cards in your hand, it would be less effective so you had to mulligan carefully. The reward was if you did play it correctly, it would play for 9 power on deploy and more.
What happened CK? What happened to set ups? What happened to cards that required risk and reward? What happened?

Last edited:
Vrygheff - Power changed from 4 to 7.

Provision cost changed from 8 to 6.

Ability changed to:

Zeal. Order: Trigger the end of turn abilities of 2 allied bronze Soldiers.

So.. it's a 6 Prov 7 Power unit that can trigger end of turn for 2 allied soldiers which means it's a 6 prov 9 GUARANTEED on deploy, AND it has order/zeal function AND it synergizes with the soldier trait.

Um... that's a pretty good card for a 6 prov lol :)

And I thought this unit was good:
Gellert Bleinheim
But then this is 7 prov. and actually has some sort of negative condition "5 ad. purify self"

These new cards they added just are out of control with no constraints.

THIS is an example of a great card design Salamander
It has risks, it has potential, and yes, it isn't over powered. It is creative AND... it's like never played.

The new cards they make, while they mean to do good, end up CANIBALIZING their own past creativities.
That is what's so sad.
They kill their own past efforts.

Do you remember the witcher patch? Eskel, Lambert, and Vesemir? When was the last time you saw them? T.T Great ideas, but couldn't keep up with the point inflation. Even up to that patch, they created cards that require set up. Even those three cards required to be played with Adrenaline 4 and each cost 7 provision to play. If you had one of the cards in your hand, it would be less effective so you had to mulligan carefully. The reward was if you did play it correctly, it would play for 9 power on deploy and more.
What happened CK? What happened to set ups? What happened to cards that required risk and reward? What happened?

It’s not surprise at all: they’ve been contradicting their own actions and words all the time since the game release. Examples:

They murdered many leaders to prevent playing more than 1 card per turn > Golden Nekker released, Double Cross wasn’t changed.

They didn’t want no-unit and non-interactive decks to be present > They print Eldain, Sybertooth Cat, immune Saskia, Milva: Sharpshooter, Simlas Vanadain spam, Viy etc. Now immune Tibor and Skellen Aces spam too.

In the very start of HC they said that lowering numbers in strength is good because it allows for more accurate balance approach > Now they say, that big numbers are easier to balance :)

They say they put hard work into Draft mode > Third patch already with no Draft changes

Last edited:
Okay so now skellen can boost 4 times all the assimilation units ?
Isn't that a little bit to much strong ?
Daerlan soldier spawn their copy from deck cost only 4 to do a 8 points move ?
All the others cards that spaw their copy and do a move of 8 points cost 5
Except Drummond Shieldmaiden bc u need to dammage her, so i a move of 7 point and she have the hardest conditions
Also, i'm with the idea of nerfing cards that are not played but
Some like tibor, vrygheff, alba pikeman used to be a good card but i become worse now

It’s not surprise at all: they’ve been contradicting their own actions and words all the time since the game release. Examples:

They murdered many leaders to prevent playing more than 1 card per turn > Golden Nekker released, Double Cross wasn’t changed.

They didn’t want no-unit and non-interactive decks to be present > They print Eldain, Sybertooth Cat, immune Saskia, Milva: Sharpshooter, Simlas Vanadain spam, Viy etc. Now immune Tibor and Skellen Aces spam too.

In the very start of HC they said that lowering numbers in strength is good because it allows for more accurate balance approach > Now they say, that big numbers are easier to balance :)

They say they put hard work into Draft mode > Third patch already with no Draft changes

Very accurate points, couldn't agree more. Especially that example with pincer manouver nerf yet now they rework even NG Affain to be additional ultra threat aviable to be played in one turn with other strong threat. No mention even about new carryover artifacts that cant be reasonably removed , just can wait on board to be used. Absourd

Very accurate points, couldn't agree more. Especially that example with pincer manouver nerf yet now they rework even NG Affain to be additional ultra threat aviable to be played in one turn with other strong threat. No mention even about new carryover artifacts that cant be reasonably removed , just can wait on board to be used. Absourd

Oh yeah, didn’t even mention the resilienced artifacts, that can turn tables (especially the SY Candle).

Gotta love the rework to combat engineer...

A poor bronze that was awful and never played for 4 long years... but wait, it finally gets reworked, its his time to shine!

*Reads reworked card

*Searches NG machines

*Realizes only two (Hefty Helge and Fire Scorpion) hold charges

:giveup:
Well, you usually have both Fire Scorpion and Hefty Helge when you have a Tactic deck, so it plays as a 8 for 4, which is not bad for a filler.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Well, you usually have both Fire Scorpion and Hefty Helge when you have a Tactic deck, so it plays as a 8 for 4, which is not bad for a filler.
That's assuming those charges stick... Because neither fire scorpion nor helge have zeal, and in this meta (and lets be frank - in most other metas) there is a ton of NG and control that will lock or destroy those units, so the engineer ends up being a 4 for 4, maybe a 5 for 4 most of the times.

Even if we accept it became an interesting card, with the carryover value (similar to that SK highland warrior), its bad design to make a card that only supports 2 cards, and its also bad design to support things that arent in the game yet, in case they decide to add more NG machines in the future.

That's assuming those charges stick... Because neither fire scorpion nor helge have zeal, and in this meta (and lets be frank - in most other metas) there is a ton of NG and control that will lock or destroy those units, so the engineer ends up being a 4 for 4, maybe a 5 for 4 most of the times.

Even if we accept it became an interesting card, with the carryover value (similar to that SK highland warrior), its bad design to make a card that only supports 2 cards, and its also bad design to support things that arent in the game yet, in case they decide to add more NG machines in the future.

Crafty helge in tactics deck for a long time is remove or loose card and it is not so easy to get rid of it at all (shield). It is so strong, that I (and You for sure too) remember metas when anti-helge techs were autoincluded to decks (puryfy 4dmg bomb), I saw it even as a target to letho kingslayer to create two of them hiding behind defender. So I am really glad that it is no zeal order card , otherwise it would be extremaly OP especially now with a many carryover possibilities to Aid her (like war council)

Top Bottom