Patch Notes 11.2

+
Its a card game, not everything will fit the lore.

Buuut, nevertheless i also think seize an enemy unit fit much better than purify and reset an unit.
Maybe the devs thought purifying and resetting represented the "calming effect" of the sign. But this ability was also wrong. Yet the card was almost never used, so noone cared. But replacing one wrong ability with another in a patch? Just to "make the witchers great again"? The only unit Geralt was able to "seize" using Axii in W3 was a drunk peasant. It's a weak mind control, so it should actually lock a unit. Yrden should purify row, Quen give self shield (and not act as a witcher tutor for some reason). Aard was the only sign the devs actually got right. Because Igni is also too weak to kill anything powerful.
And yes, the game drifts farther and farther away from the lore it was originally based on. Maybe they should just remove the sub-title "a Witcher card game"?
Post automatically merged:

Logged in with the new patch.
Last journeys' contracts are still not in the Journey category? Just great.
Will they ever be fixed? Same for the daily quests.

Last edited:
Maybe the devs thought purifying and resetting represented the "calming effect" of the sign. But this ability was also wrong. Yet the card was almost never used, so noone cared. But replacing one wrong ability with another in a patch? Just to "make the witchers great again"? The only unit Geralt was able to "seize" using Axii in W3 was a drunk peasant. It's a weak mind control, so it should actually lock a unit. Yrden should purify row, Quen give self shield (and not act as a witcher tutor for some reason). Aard was the only sign the devs actually got right. Because Igni is also too weak to kill anything powerful.
And yes, the game drifts farther and farther away from the lore it was originally based on. Maybe they should just remove the sub-title "a Witcher card game"?

Hey wait, and the "puppet" version of the sign?

you definetly seize an enemy, i dont get it. Ok its just for a time and you could argue the seized unit could be at your side of the board for x turns, but still i think its combine with the lore you seize an enemy unit with axii

for the "number of wicthes" this is the card game thing. For use a great puppet axii you need more levels, so the witchers in the row are the "levels". You can change for something diferent like the aerondight card thing (every turn you are winning you increase the value), but still, as i said, its a card game, not everything should combine with the lore.

But i still insist that axii seizing an unit combine with the puppet version of axii

Well with the Geralt: Axii change you've just destroyed the only deck, that I've still enjoyed playing. Powercreep and lack of care for Draft has slowly reduced my interest for Gwent and this is, I feel, the final blow. It was fun while it lasted, goodbye.

Hey wait, and the "puppet" version of the sign?

you definetly seize an enemy, i dont get it. Ok its just for a time and you could argue the seized unit could be at your side of the board for x turns, but still i think its combine with the lore you seize an enemy unit with axii
Yes, "Puppet" slipped my mind at first (I really dislike this Axii upgrade and never used it in-game).
And I agree that temporary seizing a unit could fit the lore. But not depending on amount of witchers. That's just absurd.
This card should have Patience or Adrenaline. Witchers are not known for their sign-amplifying chanting circles.
The problem I have with this change it that's it actually makes no sense (not really balance changing, maybe breaking an all-witcher NR deck or some witcher-cloning NG abomination; and its use is still pretty limited). Yet it was implemented instead of fixing some real balance issues the game has.
And while not everything should be lore-consistent (although they managed this somehow at the early stages of the game's existence), it would be nice if the devs at least tried. All they do now looks like a lazy mechanics-oriented tuning trying to fix the broken balance.
For me it all started with the first introduction of echo cards and only got worse with later patches.

Yes, "Puppet" slipped my mind at first (I really dislike this Axii upgrade and never used it in-game).
And I agree that temporary seizing a unit could fit the lore. But not depending on amount of witchers. That's just absurd.
This card should have Patience or Adrenaline. Witchers are not known for their sign-amplifying chanting circles.
The problem I have with this change it that's it actually makes no sense (not really balance changing, maybe breaking an all-witcher NR deck or some witcher-cloning NG abomination; and its use is still pretty limited). Yet it was implemented instead of fixing some real balance issues the game has.
And while not everything should be lore-consistent (although they managed this somehow at the early stages of the game's existence), it would be nice if the devs at least tried. All they do now looks like a lazy mechanics-oriented tuning trying to fix the broken balance.
For me it all started with the first introduction of echo cards and only got worse with later patches.
ok saodhar, i will not continue with this discussion.

I respect your opinion and, of course, everyone has one own opinion, so i wont try to change that.

As i said before, for me the change fits very wwell in the lore, much better than it was before

I still want to know why this is a Provision 6 card. No one has ever used it...bIf anyone has an idea, write it.
Simple the Card hasn't been "touched" since shortly after it was added 2019 (back then there also weren't that much cheap Consume Cards around so it was a good option for Deathwish Decks) and considering the insane power creep we had in the last 2 years it obviously became outdated without a buff.

Last edited:
Simple the Card hasn't been "touched" since shortly after it was added 2019 (back then there also weren't that much cheap Consume Cards around so it was a good option for Deathwish Decks) and considering the insane power creep we had in the last 2 years it obviously became outdated without a buff.
I posted the topic because maybe if we talk about it, a developer will think about it. thank you for your reply!

I still want to know why this is a Provision 6 card. No one has ever used it...bIf anyone has an idea, write it.
Is it a good or bad thing? Do you want it to be cheaper or more expensive?

if provision cost is 6, I would reduce its power to 4, due to having order ability two times.

If provision cost gets reduced to 5, I would give 3 hp. and so on: 4 pc then 2 hp. if 7 pc, then 5 hp.

btw, I did use it with cards with deathwish and no, I have never used viy.

even yet, IMHO, all geralt signs should be special cards: All actions performed by a character should be special cards.

and instead of resetting the whole row, only three consecutive cards should be reset.

Last edited:

UMA22

Forum regular
Sometimes i really doubt if the dev are caring about what happening in game
Like are they seing wich faction is almost always on top ? And why ? Maybe bc they have op card that need to be nerfed since it was relased but nothing have been done about it
Patch 11.2 still no nerf to jan calveit, Vilgefortz and yenvo
Agree that skellige deserved the nerf but skellige is getting unpowering nerf after nerf, that nothing is worth to play now,
NR Griffyn witcher mentor ! Really ! The card needed to be more strong but it got unpowered instead
SY, alow to the most annoying SY ability this season to become more annoying next season by increasing the Blood Money provision bonus and kill the sigi roven gang decks, why shady vendor is no more a blindeyes ?
Agree with pulling the strings, but the deck will become more hard to play without that tag

Is it a good or bad thing? Do you want it to be cheaper or more expensive?

if provision cost is 6, I would reduce its power to 4, due to having order ability two times.

If provision cost gets reduced to 5, I would give 3 hp. and so on: 4 pc then 2 hp. if 7 pc, then 5 hp.

btw, I did use it with cards with deathwish and no, I have never used viy.

even yet, IMHO, all geralt signs should be special cards: All actions performed by a character should be special cards.

and instead of resetting the whole row, only three consecutive cards should be reset.
look at the other Provision 6 cards then, you will see that the other cards are much stronger or more useful. No one uses this card.

I like the idea, tbh. Like there is no special Igni Geralt, it's just a sign a character casts.
I would even consider making different tier specials for regular and "upgraded" signs. Bronze Aard could push a single unit with some damage, while golden version would act like the current Geralt:Aard card. The Golden Axii could indeed implement the Puppet aspect (although I still think allied witchers should in no way influence its strength), while bronze Axii could lock a unit (or something else, I really don't like this sign in W3, so I'm no expert).
There are even already cards in Gwent that switched category (usually between artefacts and special, but why not change units too?).

Sometimes i really doubt if the dev are caring about what happening in game
Like are they seing wich faction is almost always on top ? And why ? Maybe bc they have op card that need to be nerfed since it was relased but nothing have been done about it
Patch 11.2 still no nerf to jan calveit, Vilgefortz and yenvo
Agree that skellige deserved the nerf but skellige is getting unpowering nerf after nerf, that nothing is worth to play now,
NR Griffyn witcher mentor ! Really ! The card needed to be more strong but it got unpowered instead
SY, alow to the most annoying SY ability this season to become more annoying next season by increasing the Blood Money provision bonus and kill the sigi roven gang decks, why shady vendor is no more a blindeyes ?
Agree with pulling the strings, but the deck will become more hard to play without that tag
I thought The same about mentors.

Now He is 4 base Power and possiblr 2 buffs for 5 provision.

While sk bronzes play for 7-8 with 4 provision..

I thought The same about mentors.

Now He is 4 base Power and possiblr 2 buffs for 5 provision.

While sk bronzes play for 7-8 with 4 provision..
The problem with mentors is that each shuffle is typically worth at least two points, and could be worth more than that. Moreover, the buffs are possible carryover value. And mentor can be used to help fix a bad hand. I do not find it lacking value at 5 provisions

Last 10 matches. Cover your eyes - might be disturbing for some viewers.

1675966134609.png

I do not speak for the developers; I don’t know their rationale (although I would guess NR deck entry archetypes were performing a little too well, so developers wanted to slightly nerf the deck.)

In my opinion, it is another example of blaming the wrong card — Melitele plays for too many, too high quality points, but is too sensitive to tiny tweaks of its ability. While I would much rather see Melitele completely redesigned, I am glad developers are least attempting to address a very powerful, very uninteractive deck.

Unfortunately, I doubt this change will accomplish its goal. All the points are in Priestesses and Melitele — not in mentors. But I could misjudge — perhaps lost round 1 and 2 tempo sufficiently improves opponents’ strategic options.

Even if that is the case, I am frustrated that other archetypes that might want to play Mentors have to suffer because the developers can’t (or won’t) directly contain the real problems (Priestesses and Melitele).

Last edited:
Top Bottom