Patch Notes 11.2

+

Hello and welcome everyone to the Update 11.2 Patch Notes!

In the spirit of February, we are giving our Witchers a bit of love, which fits right in with our new event starting very soon!

Check out the Developer Update for a rundown of the most important changes and our thoughts behind them.

New Features

Love Event- Love is in the air, together with the smell of freshly made Chocolate Hearts. You can collect these treats by playing the game, and then spend them on either special vanities in Shupe's Shop, or on resources in the Reward Book.

The event starts on February 8th and ends on February 22nd.

Changes

Updated the icons and ability types for four leader abilities: Deadeye Ambush, Tactical Decision, Uprising, and Ursine Ritual.

Neutral

Berengar - Power changed from 9 to 12.

Ability changed to:

At the beginning of your turn, if there are no other Witchers on this row, destroy self.

Commander's Horn - Provision cost changed from 8 to 7.

Has a new part of ability:

Boost bronze units by an additional 1 for each gold unit adjacent to them.

Geralt: Axii - Power changed from 5 to 3.

Provision cost changed from 10 to 11.

Ability changed to:

Deploy: Seize a unit with power up to the number of allied Witchers on this row.

Geralt: Professional - Ability changed to:

Deploy: Damage 3 units by 1. If you control another Witcher, also gain Zeal.

Order: Damage an enemy unit by 3. If its power is a multiple of 3, destroy it instead.

Trial of the Grasses - Ability changed to:

Set a unit's power to 13. If it's not a Witcher, damage it by 6 and Infuse it with the Witcher category first.

Vial of Forbidden Knowledge: Unsealed - Now has Doomed.

Monsters

Necromancer's Tome - Has a new part of ability:

Zeal, Order: Trigger a bronze allied unit's Deathwish.

Yghern - Power changed from 13 to 15.

Skellige

Magic Compass - Provision cost changed from 8 to 9.

Sove - Provision cost changed from 11 to 12.

Terror of the Seas - Power changed from 5 to 4.

Feral Bond - Provision cost changed from 4 to 5.

Northern Realms

Griffin Witcher Mentor - Power changed from 5 to 4.

Scoia'tael

No changes.

Nilfgaard

Assassination - Ability changed to:

Damage a unit by 6. Decrease the damage by 1 for each adjacent non-Spying unit.

Syndicate

Blood Money - Provision bonus changed from 15 to 16.

Fabian Hale - Power changed from 5 to 6.

Graden - The Deploy ability now targets the unit with Bounty automatically (Similarly to The Scoundrel).

Pulling the Strings - Provision cost changed from 5 to 6.

Shady Vendor - No longer has the Blindeyes tag.

Game Fixes

Melitele can no longer: attempt to Spawn a unit on a full row; reset its Counter after being shuffled to deck; move from board to deck on round transition.

Fixed a bug where Melitele would move to the top of the deck at the end of the round.

Fixed the Maiden effect not buffing Immune targets.

Svanrige Tuirseach now correctly resets the boost value on round transition.

Torres var Emreis: Highest Priest no longer lets you Create specials or artifacts.

Playing Duchess's Informant through Syanna and Letho: Kingslayer no longer terminates the match.

Trained Hawk now correctly limits its damage to enemy units.

Last edited:
I thought auto-target Scoundrel was a bad idea. Now they made Graden an auto-target remove. Brilliant.
I really hoped something would be done to balance two new Harmony cards. But they're fine, it seems. Well, another month of not adding them to my Harmony deck.
Geralt: Axii lost all lore consistency.
Most balance changes are (once again) just too weak. As if the devs don't really get what's wrong with the balance and simply stumble around blindly.

I thought auto-target Scoundrel was a bad idea. Now they made Graden an auto-target remove. Brilliant.
I really hoped something would be done to balance two new Harmony cards. But they're fine, it seems. Well, another month of not adding them to my Harmony deck.
Geralt: Axii lost all lore consistency.
Most balance changes are (once again) just too weak. As if the devs don't really get what's wrong with the balance and simply stumble around blindly.
Disagree with pretty much your entire post.

• Immunity is getting out of hand in this game and adding another way to actually counter it is more than welcome.
• New harmony cards are fine, and pretty much every harmony deck I encountered uses them, at least if they use the actual harmony leader. Plus Quarixis has the added bonus of a rather fine artwork.. for lore reasons of course.
• Axii is a mind control spell, so a seize makes about a hundred times more sense than a reset.
• As per usual I think the balance changes are mostly in the right direction. In my opinion it is usually when new cards are added that things get out of hand and the balance team is left to clean it up after these cards wreck havoc on the ladder for the first season or two.

Since Jean said it's a small patch because they don't want to mess too much with the meta before the new expansion (April), I exercise patience, especially because since January things seem to go in the right direction in terms of balance, which is so far in line with what was said in the 2023 Roadmap stream.

Last edited:
Could you please change the monster strategem (urn of shadows) to something that is more or less equal to other strategems?!

All others play for approximately 5 points. Urn of shadows is ALWAYS used with brewess: ritual to summon two bronze cards for massive tempo and additional thinning or with arachas Queen to generate a free copy of some gold card like keltullis, gernichora or madoc. Am i the only one who thinks this doesnt fit?

Could you please change the monster strategem (urn of shadows) to something that is more or less equal to other strategems?!

All others play for approximately 5 points. Urn of shadows is ALWAYS used with brewess: ritual to summon two bronze cards for massive tempo and additional thinning or with arachas Queen to generate a free copy of some gold card like keltullis, gernichora or madoc. Am i the only one who thinks this doesnt fit?
Actually a good point ( so it won't be done :D). At the very least, it should trigger deathwish of a bronze unit only.

I still want to know why this is a Provision 6 card. No one has ever used it...bIf anyone has an idea, write it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230206-230152.png
    Screenshot_20230206-230152.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 281
@Electromos36 it is used for viy decks (with overwhelming hunger), where you permanently try to consume the insect, without letting your opponent remove the card.

however this deck is considered brainless among good players, so thats why at least in meta it is generally avoided if you want to keep your good reputation ...

@Electromos36 it is used for viy decks (with overwhelming hunger), where you permanently try to consume the insect, without letting your opponent remove the card.

however this deck is considered brainless among good players, so thats why at least in meta it is generally avoided if you want to keep your good reputation ...
Ok... Ok...

So explain me why ir was already 6p before viy?

Because it's 6 body, which makes it harder to remove, and it can cash in 2 deathwish units at the same time. This a game? Now you explain why Smuggler is 6p! :D
you have to wait one turn, you can eat any card. They can lock it down or poison it. this is not a 6 card.

Because it's 6 body, which makes it harder to remove, and it can cash in 2 deathwish units at the same time. This a game? Now you explain why Smuggler is 6p! :D
Well since consume dont "create" points, you can also use this explanation for Blood good friends, who is also 6 points body, a spender and have 2 bandit tags, with good sinergy in a lot of decks.

for Smuggler, thats easy, because devs dont know how to balance the game.

this explanation could also go to Barbegazi, giantslayer and other cards

Well since consume dont "create" points, you can also use this explanation for Blood good friends, who is also 6 points body, a spender and have 2 bandit tags, with good sinergy in a lot of decks.

for Smuggler, thats easy, because devs dont know how to balance the game.

this explanation could also go to Barbegazi, giantslayer and other cards
Could also work to explain why nothing was done about the horsies this patch, which are the new Aerondight for this goofy GN meta. And they didn't even have to nerf the combo. Just make one 10p and the other 8.

Disagree with pretty much your entire post.

• Immunity is getting out of hand in this game and adding another way to actually counter it is more than welcome.
Maybe they should try fixing the immunity issue then, not dumbing down cards by giving them auto-target?
• New harmony cards are fine, and pretty much every harmony deck I encountered uses them, at least if they use the actual harmony leader. Plus Quarixis has the added bonus of a rather fine artwork.. for lore reasons of course.
"Pretty much every harmony deck" using them kind hints at the problem, don't you think?
• Axii is a mind control spell, so a seize makes about a hundred times more sense than a reset.
Axii is not a spell. It's a SIGN. It's fraking WEAK. Seizing unit could fit it, but for a limited number of turns. And why does the seized unit's strength depend on the amount of witchers?

Axii is not a spell. It's a SIGN. It's fraking WEAK. Seizing unit could fit it, but for a limited number of turns. And why does the seized unit's strength depend on the amount of witchers?

Its a card game, not everything will fit the lore.

Buuut, nevertheless i also think seize an enemy unit fit much better than purify and reset an unit.
Post automatically merged:

Could also work to explain why nothing was done about the horsies this patch, which are the new Aerondight for this goofy GN meta. And they didn't even have to nerf the combo. Just make one 10p and the other 8.
WOW i thought i was the only one tired of those f***** horses.

I want to make a topic comparing them with mamuna, but since i know almost noone reads the forum anymore i didnt made it

Top Bottom