Patch Notes 11.3

+
A very useful patch.

BEFORE THIS PATCH
All the games are against Nilfgaard, Scoiatel Harmony, Skellige Golden Nekker or Northern Realms Reavers.
No one using original decks.
I forfeit before mulligans.
AFTER THIS PATCH
All the games are against Nilfgaard, Scoiatel Harmony, Skellige Golden Nekker or Northern Realms Reavers.

Wow, finally! This is the patch I've been waiting 2 years for. As an Arena only lover, I can't wait to try it out. I finally can play the game I loved again. It might take a while to figure out all the new cards and card changes, but I feel like a kid on Christmas morning!

Honestly, this patch may have done it for me. Just the thought of them making the game even more comfortable for NG is very hard to stomach. [...] I find myself with no desire to open the game at the moment.
Because some personal things ive delete The game last week.

I still reading The fórum (especial this topic) and maybe i Will reinstall it, but for now its a good thing i did

Viper Witcher mentor is not working as it used to be
He is Adrénaline of 2 but work like he's Adrénaline of 1
Tried it now three times
Fix please

A very useful patch.

BEFORE THIS PATCH
AFTER THIS PATCH
This is sad, I hate most of the NG, Reavers, and SK decks on the meta.... too much removal, too much steal and manipulation.

This patch really didn’t fix any issues I feel have been there for a while now. The Ace up the sleeve card in NG, and reavers in NR are ruining this game for me.
awesome, you can create 20 reaver cards a game. But do you actually have any skills?
Maybe I’m in the minority, but those tactics are so boring to play against and honestly just frustrating. Cool you won the match, but with no real skill involved other than mashing the duplicate order.
And I swear to god if I have to go against 12 trees when someone uses the scoaitel symbiosis to spam trees one more time I might rage delete.

Last edited:
Draft is back - but completely broken!

1. 25 seconds is just not enough! While I recognize the argument for a faster flowing game than constructed, please recognize that players will not have a fixed game plan (as in constructed), and they might need to read the details of a card before playing it. Also, some cards require multiple activations and the triggering and animation take time. Leader abilities like Morvran Voorhis and Invigorate are a pain. Increase the timer to say 35 seconds and lower the animation time.

2. One of the main advantages of a draft mode in this type of game, is that it evens out the playing field a bit for players with a less than complete cardpool. I can take a full year break from MTG or Hearstone and be competetive in draft after reading the meta a bit. With the current development, draft is for veteran players only - because if you do not now every card in the game, you are screwed.

3. While the 'non-neutral' approach has some potential, it has effectively lead to a crazy amount of errors. Did you even playtests the format before launch? In my first run I encountered several wrong interactions, most of which where tied to this. One of the more obvious was Ildiko (grant zeal) with Sir Scratch-a-lot (replay with +2 boost), which allowed infinite replays of the cat. In a short round the cat was power 80, despite the 25 second rounds. Some errors where not tied to this issue though, such as Flyndr's Crews Counter newer changing despite several rounds with maximum gold.

4. I recommend two things: A) Make all draft runs free of charge for two weeks (and remove the rewards). B) Listen to all feedback on broken cards and be ready to make hotfixes every week for the entire month.

Good luck saving draft

Just imagine, guys now NG can play artaud terranova to play units like Fucusya and play vilgeforz again

I don't normally bother to comment on these threads any more, because I'm pretty sure we're just shouting into a vacuum, but I feel compelled to say that this patch is atrocious. There is not a single balancing change to any existing commonly used card. No changes to ST Harmony, NG (pretty much everything!), Golden Nekker, Unicorn combo, SK Magic Compass or Highland Warlord decks. And they've actually indirectly made NR Reavers even worse!

Balancing should be a constant ongoing process, and you can't just decide not to bother for a month! I fear the devs have just checked out mentally at this stage. I've uninstalled and won't be playing this month, and I'll check the next patch notes before deciding whether to return in April. Not optimistic!

Cool changes for Draft mode, but I don't know if it's possible or not, I'd prefer to bring back old "Arena" mode instead of trying to make "something" from Draft mode. I also think it's already competitive, stable and enjoyable, which doesn't need any big changes or improvments.

diss.jpg

Attachments

• diss.jpg
    diss.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Draft is back - but completely broken!

1. 25 seconds is just not enough! While I recognize the argument for a faster flowing game than constructed, please recognize that players will not have a fixed game plan (as in constructed), and they might need to read the details of a card before playing it. Also, some cards require multiple activations and the triggering and animation take time. Leader abilities like Morvran Voorhis and Invigorate are a pain. Increase the timer to say 35 seconds and lower the animation time.

2. One of the main advantages of a draft mode in this type of game, is that it evens out the playing field a bit for players with a less than complete cardpool. I can take a full year break from MTG or Hearstone and be competetive in draft after reading the meta a bit. With the current development, draft is for veteran players only - because if you do not now every card in the game, you are screwed.

3. While the 'non-neutral' approach has some potential, it has effectively lead to a crazy amount of errors. Did you even playtests the format before launch? In my first run I encountered several wrong interactions, most of which where tied to this. One of the more obvious was Ildiko (grant zeal) with Sir Scratch-a-lot (replay with +2 boost), which allowed infinite replays of the cat. In a short round the cat was power 80, despite the 25 second rounds. Some errors where not tied to this issue though, such as Flyndr's Crews Counter newer changing despite several rounds with maximum gold.

4. I recommend two things: A) Make all draft runs free of charge for two weeks (and remove the rewards). B) Listen to all feedback on broken cards and be ready to make hotfixes every week for the entire month.

Good luck saving draft
I have to say i had some hard feelings to reinstall the game and try that crazy ildiko cat combo heheh

First of all I'd like to say thank you, for all of your hard work into future proofing Gwent.

However, in relation to Draft, I'd like to propose a change to the newest instalment of it.

A thing that always felt like it helped apply depth to Draft, was the aspect of RNG manipulation in the previous Draft. I.e if you'd picked into primarily X faction packages, you'd be considerably more likely to see more of X associated package choices, relative to anything else. This also applied to speific types of packages beyond just faction type, and gave the player a chance to tilt the RNG into their favour for more control over deck construction, while still being primarily RNG based.

This wasn't mentioned in the developer video, so I can only assume that this might not be something that the people who worked on the Gwentfinity Draft were aware of, and as such I'd like to bring it up, and kindly request consideration for the re-implementation of this feature in draft.

In extension of this suggestion, I'd also like to request consideration for adding one of the the first choices of packages to being *faction locked* within an RNG pool of cards within the associated faction.

Making it faction based, also adheres to your goal of future proofing Draft past your support, and as does the rng manipulation suggestion.
Just to clarify, this wouldn't be a "handmade package" as previous draft had, but exclusively present a single choice in first selection that's guaranteed to be RNG faction locked to your leader,

This would allow Draft to retain it's depth, while still adhering to the dynamic nature of the new Gwentfinity Draft where things will still primarily be RNG based. However these changes will allow the player for a tiny bit of user control over the general direction of the deck. and add some more depth and skill into the mode, without interfering with the people who wish to go entirely outside of their faction for something else (but instead assisting them in trying to create the general gist of what they're trying, while still being primarily RNG based).

I thank you very much for reading this post, and hope that my suggestion(s) will at least garner some consideration from the developers of Gwentfinity Draft.

Edit: I see somone brought up the timer issue, but I figured I'd add to it as well.
At least around 75%+ of the people I meet in draft, are burning their cards or having forced plays made for them, because of the new timer.
I understand you want the mode to be different, but given that Draft requires more time on average over constructed, I think a +10 second increase would adhere to your initial vision of making it stand out from standard with the timer, while still forcing everyone to rush their plays (but actually having enough time for it as well).

Last edited:
Very exciting changes to draft! Really interested to see how the 25 second turn timer affects the feel of play. I also greatly appriciate so many spell being changed to non-neutral to work better in draft. Thank you dev team for doing all that you're going to ensure Gwent's longevity!

This has probably been brought up as well, but another thing that I think removed a lot of the Draft identity, is that the actual Drafting part, has more or less been effectively removed, by only being allowed to genuinly Draft before your first game.

I hope it can be a consideration, to bring back more rounds of drafting your deck during the 7 game cycle, rather than only drafting once, and then getting a single package after each game after that.

The old way of enhancing that, by allowing for a larger draft every 2 games, was not only a lot more fun, but also a big part of the Draft identity that has been established for it.

This is also a possible improvement you could bring, while still adhering 100% to your primary goal of future proofing the mode.

Thank you very much for reading this, and for your possible consideration of the re-implentation of genuine Drafting.

Top Bottom