Patch Notes 11.3

+

Hey everyone!

While the first card-drop of 2023 is only one more month away, we are introducing some keychanges with Update 11.3, specifically to Draft and bandits like Gascon!

Before jumping into the update, make sure to check out our Developer Update for more thoughts on the changes.

Changes

Draft Mode: GWENTFINITY update - Introducing several key changes to future-proof Draft Mode, and make the experience more distinct overall:

-The drafting process has been changed. After drafting the leader ability, players draft packages of three cards, eight times, and then draft their stratagem. Players will receive the option to add, and then remove a single package after each match.

-The packages are no longer manually built, but randomly generated from the ownable card pool. Each package is assigned a faction faction, and has a total provision cost ranging from 20 to 26.

-The in-game timer has been reduced from the usual 60 seconds to 25 seconds.

These changes aim at making Draft a more varied environment and to future-proof the game mode in the context of GWENTFINITY. The change of the turn timer also aims at making matches quicker, further differentiating Draft mode from standard matches. For more info, tune in to the developer's video!

Neutral

Angoulême - Provision cost changed from 10 to 11.

Ability changed to:

Deploy: Create and play an artifact from your opponent's starting deck. If your opponent has no artifact in their starting deck, boost self by 6 instead.

Free Company - Armor changed from 1 to 0.

Provision cost changed from 8 to 10.

Ability changed to:

Order: Choose an allied Bonded unit, then play its top copy from your deck.

Cooldown: 3

Gascon - Power changed from 1 to 2.

Ability changed to:

When in hand, deck, or on the battlefield, whenever you play the second copy of a Bonded unit this match, boost self by 3.

Gimpy Gerwin - Power changed from 3 to 5.

Armor changed from 0 to 1.

Provision cost changed from 7 to 9.

Ability changed to:

Whenever you play another unit, damage all enemy units with the same provision cost by 1.

One-Eyed Betsy - Power changed from 4 to 7.

Provision cost changed from 10 to 8.

Ability changed to:

Deploy: Draw up to 2 Bonded units, then shuffle the same number of cards back into your deck.

Order: Replay an allied Bonded unit.

Renfri, Renfri's Gang - The Deploy abilities now also trigger when all cards in the deck are units. This is a change for Draft Mode, where the starting deck size is reduced to 24.

Bomb Heaver - Provision cost changed from 5 to 4.

Cutthroat - Power changed from 3 to 5.

Provision cost changed from 4 to 5.

Ability changed to:

Deploy: Destroy an enemy unit with 2 or less power.

Bonded: Destroy an enemy with 4 or less power instead.

Highwaymen - Power changed from 4 to 1.

Ability changed to:

When you play a Bonded unit that you already control a copy of, Summon self from your deck to your Melee row.

Exposed: Move self to the top of your deck.

Iron Falcon Infantry - Power changed from 4 to 3.

Ability changed to:

At the end of your turn, boost self by 1 if this is the only card on its row.

Bonded: At the end of your turn, boost self by 1 instead.

Iron Falcon Knife Juggler - Power changed from 2 to 4.

Ability changed to:

Zeal. Order: Damage an enemy unit by 1.

Bonded: Also give it Bleeding (1).

Whenever you play a Bonded unit, refresh the Order.

Iron Falcon Troubadour - Ability changed to:

Deploy: Spawn a 1-power Locked copy of a Bonded unit from your starting deck on this row.

Sapper - Bandit tag changed to Soldier.

Power changed from 5 to 2.

Armor changed from 0 to 2.

Provision cost changed from 5 to 6.

Ability changed to:

Deploy: Play a Bomb from your hand, then draw a card.

Barricade: Whenever you play a Bomb, damage a random enemy unit by 1.

Scout - Power changed from 5 to 4.

Ability changed to:

Deploy: Move a unit to the other row.

Strays of Spalla - Provision cost changed from 5 to 4.

Ability changed to:

Deploy: Shuffle a gold card from your hand to your deck, then draw a bronze card and boost self by 4.

Bonded: Boost self by 4 instead.

Wagon - Power changed from 4 to 5.

Armor changed from 0 to 3.

Provision cost changed from 4 to 6.

Ability changed to:

Deploy: Banish the bronze unit to the right, then gain Resilience.

Order: Transform self into a base copy of the Banished unit.

Exposed: Purify self.

Monsters

Carapace, Caranthir Ar-Feiniel, Lilit's Omen, The Manor's Dark Secret, Witches' Sabbath - Ability restrictions changed from Monsters to non-Neutral.

Plumard - Ability changed to:

Deploy: Give an enemy unit Bleeding (2).

Bonded: Give an enemy unit Bleeding equal to its base power instead.

Skellige

Blaze of Glory, Eist Tuirseach, Fucusya, Magic Compass, Sigrdrifa's Rite, Svanrige Tuirseach, Tyr: Master of An Skellig, Freya's Blessing - Ability restrictions changed from Skellige to non-Neutral.

Northern Realms

Inspired Zeal, Pincer Manoeuvre, Stockpile, Amphibious Assault, Ildiko, Viraxas: Prince, Viraxas: Outcast, Viraxas: King, Queen Adalia - Ability restrictions changed from Northern Realms to non-Neutral.

Scoia'tael

Harmony, Call of the Forest, Dana Méadbh: Provider, Dana Méadbh: Caretaker, Dunca, Ithlinne Aegli, Mysteries of Loc Feainn, Pavko Gale, Saskia: Commander, Circle of Life - Ability restrictions changed from Scoia'tael to non-Neutral.

Nilfgaard

No changes.

Syndicate

No changes.

Game Fixes

Certain players are no longer blocked from creating decks with specific leader abilities (mainly from the Monsters faction).

The deckbuilder search bar now recognizes all special characters. Certain diacritics were previously unrecognized.

Guillaume de Launfal no longer ignores the self boost by the number of allied Knights, if there is no enemy target available.

Traveling Priestess' Order no longer becomes temporarily disabled when being boosted from an injured state to another non-boosted power level.

Can we please get a slight nerf to Golden Nekker next patch? It's fine having a strong card with the payoff being able to play 3 cards, but IMO (and it's fine if you disagree) it's weird and unflavourful when the best decks (and thus the most commonly played) for SY and SK are midrange GN & aren't heavily utilising one of the faction's cool archetypes.

Are we seriously going to have a new entire season of these abominable kekker decks and horses on the ladder? It's time this card (yes, the card itself) was properly nerfed, and not the archetypes that are currently utilizing it like what has been done previously.

SY poison decks are not a problem, SK pirates are not a problem etc. it's when you combine these things with that brainless pointslam card that the problem occurs. To me it is much more interesting when you are facing an archetype in it's pure form the way it is meant to be, not as these kekker mutations.

Not sure I'll even bother with next season if these pests prove to be just as prominent as with this one.

Why not change those freacking unicorns to no work with gn anymore?

And you guys dont even need to nerf them, just put one at 10 provisions and the other at 8 provisions
Post automatically merged:

Why not change those freacking unicorns to no work with gn anymore?

And you guys dont even need to nerf them, just put one at 10 provisions and the other at 8 provisions

Finally a rework for draft. Thanks for that. But basically no changes to any faction cards (except plumard) is a bit disappointing.

I was hoping for some more „love“ to witchers. Or am i the only one who really wanted to play those witcher cards that received some love last month but sadly realized they just can‘t compete with all those badly broken cards out there?

Can we please get a slight nerf to Golden Nekker next patch? It's fine having a strong card with the payoff being able to play 3 cards, but IMO (and it's fine if you disagree) it's weird and unflavourful when the best decks (and thus the most commonly played) for SY and SK are midrange GN & aren't heavily utilising one of the faction's cool archetypes.
You are absolutely right but i wonder what a slight nerf could be? Play only two cards? Only bronzes? Only 8 provision? All seems a bit to much. And i think it is not necessarily nekker that needs the nerf. When it was released last year it dominated everything - until aerondight got 10 provision. If one of the unicorns would get 10 and the other 8 - like suggested before - the abuse of nekker would decrease. And i still don‘t think sk magical compass should fit in nekker decks…fixing this would also reduce their number a lot.

Last edited:
Lol, like usual NG get everything
A Hidden NG op patch
Now make sure annarietta is alway worth to play
Sometimes it were useless to play if u're facing blase of glory or Pincer Maneuver.
So now it a 9 provision card that renisialite a leader ability without counter.
Radovid, Damien and even renfri look like trash in comparaison
also double cross, Bribery and all others assimilation cards get that nerf somehow.

I, too, find this a very disappointing patch. I totally understand if no deck is overperforming to the point that a meta-adjusting nerf is suggested, but surely there are dozens of under or never utilized cards that could be made relevant with simple statistic boosts. And there are multiple virtually unplayable archetypes that could be boosted without substantial effort and without impacting top performing decks.

Instead of any meaningful buffs, we get attention for a new bandit focus on bonded cards. But bandits still lack adequate high value cards to be playable, and there are not enough bonded cards of sufficient quality to want payoff for using bonded units. The two things that do benefit are NR Reaver Hunters which can now be spammed in even more ways (as though any are needed), and crow clan preachers which can now more easily dominate two rounds.. Two of the most oppressive bronze cards in the game just got stronger.

And honestly, I will miss several of the old versions of re-designed cards -- especially the Iron Falcon cards. Infantry, Troubadours, and Knife Jugglers were mainstays of almost all my all-neutral decks -- they are amongst a very few 4-provision neutral cards that obtain any real value.

But the biggest undeserving beneficiary of ill-considered buffs is NG assimilate/theft style decks which become a whole lot more consistent with far fewer brick possibilities due to the elimination of faction specific targets for many powerful cards. I expect this will lead to broken Assimilate style decks. And this to provide a tiny bit of improvement to draft mode.

And speaking of draft mode, with the change in time for turns, the developers have eliminated its playability on mobile devices. Between frequent brief disconnects every time I execute an action; stupid - time wasting animations; a laggy interface that fails to register half of the actions I order and is often unclear in indicating what I am ordering; labels that hide cards and do not go away without clicking irrelevant cards (which often triggers actions I don't want); I already find I cannot play any archetype that is heavily based upon orders or actions that require selecting from multiple cards. These decks simply create too much frustration when I cannot get the interface to actually do what I desire in sufficient time. 90% of my roping would disappear if the interface simply worked right. But since it is quite clear that developers have no desire to fix these basic problems despite repeated complaints from multiple sources, I assume draft mode will never again be playable. In addition, I would argue that draft is the last place where shortened time should be applied. As most decks will now include random, rarely seen cards, all but the most experienced players will need time to read card descriptions to make reasonable playing decisions.

I hate to be totally negative, but I find nothing enticing about these these changes. The best I can say is that it appears that no new, overpowered garbage cards have been introduced.

I'm so excited to see more matchups with reavers! The archetype is just so amazing to play against and it takes a lot of thought to make your plays. Now add these bonded buffs to it... it's gonna be brilliant.

I'm so excited to see more matchups with reavers! The archetype is just so amazing to play against and it takes a lot of thought to make your plays. Now add these bonded buffs to it... it's gonna be brilliant.
Haha, well maybe MO with Lilith > Olgierd and R3 Witches Sabatth > Olgierd again.
Edit: that doesnt work uf :(

Wagon only Will have resilence if you dont use order, right?
The order for next round?

Highwaymen - Power changed from 4 to 1.

Ability changed to:

When you play a Bonded unit that you already control a copy of, Summon self from your deck to your Melee row.

Exposed: Move self to the top of your deck.
I tried this one but it seems worse than it's previous version, what am i missing here?

Last edited:
Do I get it right? You can play ANY (except SK cards in your deck) non-neutral gold card from Magic Compass?
I tested it in draft, with a Scoia'Tael leader. You can choose a Legendary card from your faction only (I was waiting for a juicy Fucusya but I had to pick a Scoia'Tael card).

WOW, one of the worst patches I've ever seen! [...]

All of these changes will break the game -

Skellige

Blaze of Glory, Eist Tuirseach, Fucusya, Magic Compass, Sigrdrifa's Rite, Svanrige Tuirseach, Tyr: Master of An Skellig, Freya's Blessing
- Ability restrictions changed from Skellige to non-Neutral.

Northern Realms

Inspired Zeal, Pincer Manoeuvre, Stockpile, Amphibious Assault, Ildiko, Viraxas: Prince, Viraxas: Outcast, Viraxas: King, Queen Adalia
- Ability restrictions changed from Northern Realms to non-Neutral.

Scoia'tael

Harmony, Call of the Forest, Dana Méadbh: Provider, Dana Méadbh: Caretaker, Dunca, Ithlinne Aegli, Mysteries of Loc Feainn, Pavko Gale, Saskia: Commander, Circle of Life
- Ability restrictions changed from Scoia'tael to non-Neutral.

PLAYTEST your game before making a patch, incredibly bad!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally a change to draft mode... and it doesn't look bad either.
At least now it's an alternative to the archetypes already found in ranked play.

Last edited:
Top Bottom