Patch notes 8.1

+

Welcome to the 8.1 update! This time, aside from the usual round of fixes and improvements, we're introducing a brand new card: Madoc! You may have heard about him in one of Snowdrops' stories. This fella has a fiery temper and soft spot for bombs, which make him come back for more action even if he's temporarily knocked out. Madoc will also join the Draft Mode club, with two new packages dedicated to his synergies.

This time, the patch does not bring much in terms of balance changes. It's not due to not seeing the need for it, but simply because of the holiday season that has cut short last month's time for development.

You can read the details on all the 8.1 changes below.
Changes
New sound effects in Draft battlepicker

New card: Madoc.

Power: 3, Provision: 10, Category: Witcher

"Whenever you play a Bomb card, Summon this card from your deck or graveyard to a random allied row.

Order: Spawn Cataclysm for 1 turn on the opposite row, then destroy self.

Succubus ability changed to:

Deathwish: At the end of your turn, if there is another Succubus in your graveyard, Summon self from your graveyard to a random row and gain Doomed.

Adrenaline 3: Don't gain Doomed.
New Features
Premium Strategems have new, unique visual & sound effects when their orders are used

New category for Expansion Contracts

New category for Journey Contracts
Game Fixes
Idarran now correctly mentions that his ability only works with units spawned on your side of the board.

Portal now correctly mentions that both units are summoned from the deck.

Vesemir, Lambert and Eskel now correctly mention that other Witchers are summoned from the deck.

Cat Witcher Mentor now correctly mentions that he boosts self for other cards on the row.

Cat Witcher Mentor now doesn't react to units transformed on the opposite (enemy) row.

Viper Witcher now correctly mentions that he spawns a base copy of the target.

Coated Weapons now correctly mentions that it spawns base copy of the target.

Gorthur Gvaed now correctly mentions that it can move any card from graveyard to deck.

Fallen Knight now correctly mentions that he only boosts self for units spawned on owners side of the battlefield.

Fixed a bug that displayed total number of points in rows in wrong order.

Adjusted art of one of the loading screens.
Draft Mode
Added new Wombo Combo package:

- Madoc x 3

Added new special Package:

- Bomb

Well, it looks like bombs could finally be decent.
Madoc being a Flying Redanian for Bombs is quite a decent upside to using them.

Well i like it.

I think should be some balance changes, but since The lauch The expansion, players are still learning how to play with The New cards, and balance changes all The months sometimes breaks The learning

Succubus ability changed to:

Deathwish: At the end of your turn, if there is another Succubus in your graveyard, Summon self from your graveyard to a random row and gain Doomed.

Adrenaline 3: Don't gain Doomed.
How is that any different from what she does right now?

Madoc is pretty cool, probably now meta-worthy, but definitely a good casual card.

I did not play much ranked last month but I heard a lot of people complained about Viy. That seemed like an obvious priority for this patch. I am surprised that even with holiday hangover CDPR ignored that and brought some random stuff instead.

It's OK for me. If they prefer doing the balance slowly and wisely I'm fully agree.
Ty for the new card

lol

... Well at the very least we got this "Fixed a bug that displayed total number of points in rows in wrong order." though they had to leave it broken for 1 month first but I guess that's just the standard for Gwent development. :)
Post automatically merged:

Well, it looks like bombs could finally be decent.
Madoc being a Flying Redanian for Bombs is quite a decent upside to using them.
Meh, his usefulness is quite questionable considering he spawns on a random row and can only use his ability on a the opposite row and even then providing only 3 points worth of random row-based damage (and has no zeal so he may just end up as feed for stuff like Circle of Life). Seems bad to me, a waste of 10 provision...

Last edited:
[...]
Meh, his usefulness is quite questionable considering he spawns on a random row and can only use his ability on a the opposite row and even then providing only 3 points worth of random row-based damage (and has no zeal so he may just end up as feed for stuff like Circle of Life). Seems bad to me, a waste of 10 provision...
Are you joking ?
You get a 3 point body each round you play a Bomb, without any setup required and he can even remove himself for some (maybe minor) value to be resummoned again.
If he would generate 1 point each time his order ability is used (which is already a low estimate) you get 3 points for using a bomb and then 1 more point for each bomb you use afterwards.
Madoc is a mixture between the standard Flying Redanian and Flying Redanian + Kikimore Warrior.
Could it be you missed that he can be summoned from the graveyard (in that case I would understand your statement) ?

To summarize: Madoc is a slightly weaker (1 base strength) version of Crowmother, which does not require to be played from hand to be set up for later, can remove itself for some value, so one can get the summon for further bombs and adds a body to all bombs.

DRK3

Forum veteran
This is great, i really hope you start introducing cards, even if its just 1 or 2, outside of expansions.

Also have to praise the new categories for contracts, that section was starting to get messy with new contracts not having a particular tab.

But i have to join the other voices in criticizing the lack of balance changes. I know the devs probably needed the 1-2 weeks off for the holidays but i dont think it takes that much to implement a few changes that could go a long way and avoid another full month of abusing OP cards.

Are you joking ?
You get a 3 point body each round you play a Bomb, without any setup required and he can even remove himself for some (maybe minor) value to be resummoned again.
If he would generate 1 point each time his order ability is used (which is already a low estimate) you get 3 points for using a bomb and then 1 more point for each bomb you use afterwards.
Madoc is a mixture between the standard Flying Redanian and Flying Redanian + Kikimore Warrior.
Could it be you missed that he can be summoned from the graveyard (in that case I would understand your statement) ?

To summarize: Madoc is a slightly weaker (1 base strength) version of Crowmother, which does not require to be played from hand to be set up for later, can remove itself for some value, so one can get the summon for further bombs and adds a body to all bombs.
You need to play 5 bombs to mayyyyybe at maximum get 15 points of worth out of him...

Top Bottom