Patch notes 8.4

+
Can't say I enjoy the new Seasonal Mode I guess I would had preferred it if the Card's in hand and deck transformed only once at match start and you would need to adapt you're strategy to what you get there, now it's kind of like whoever has more luck with the transformations wins.

As for the Seasonal Mode I guess it's best to craft a Singleton devotion and no Card's above 9 provisions Deck to benefit from Shupe, Nova and Devotion Card's if you should get some.
Post automatically merged:

Also, i would like to know when the cards hit the provision cap (currently 15, only ball has this), if they just stop transforming or what exactly happens.
:shrug:
It transforms into a 4 Provision Card.

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
@OneWhoCravesSouls Thanks, your advice to make singleton decks for seasonal was brilliant, i've already had quite a few Radeyahs and Shupes.

Anyway, im sorry you're not enjoying, im having a ton of fun, and will probably do a guide for it today or tomorrow, which ill update from time to time.

I didnt go for Ciri Nova because i built a Lippy deck (it actually works many times) - you can never have lippy on hand obviously, but there's many possible tutors, and at 13p Oneiro happens quite often.

I also started with Blaze of Glory, since cards on deck arent transformed, but my Lippy screwed me up and at the 1st match i didnt have any SK cards left on deck and lost because of it :shrug:

Also, its very funny to see the greed on most players, with 5 or 6 scenarios unprocced, i've gone a different route and i won 4 of my 5 matches, so i must be doing something right.

Also, its very funny to see the greed on most players, with 5 or 6 scenarios unprocced
Yeah, I noticed the same.

I only played one Scenario (Ball) in all the matches I played, and the only reason I played that Ball was that I had two cards and the other was Lippy. :D

Lined Pockets is not nerfed
Philippa is not nerfed
Cleaver is not nerfed
Drill is not nerfed

Eist is not nerfed

Eldain is not nerfed

Double Play is not nerfed
Invocation is not nerfed
Henrietta is not nerfed
DeWett is not nerfed
Brinery is not nerfed

Nice Patch

Wild Hunt is still belong to "Monsters" unlike Nilfgaard

Last edited:
@OneWhoCravesSouls Thanks, your advice to make singleton decks for seasonal was brilliant, i've already had quite a few Radeyahs and Shupes.

Anyway, im sorry you're not enjoying, im having a ton of fun, and will probably do a guide for it today or tomorrow, which ill update from time to time.

I didnt go for Ciri Nova because i built a Lippy deck (it actually works many times) - you can never have lippy on hand obviously, but there's many possible tutors, and at 13p Oneiro happens quite often.

I also started with Blaze of Glory, since cards on deck arent transformed, but my Lippy screwed me up and at the 1st match i didnt have any SK cards left on deck and lost because of it :shrug:

Also, its very funny to see the greed on most players, with 5 or 6 scenarios unprocced, i've gone a different route and i won 4 of my 5 matches, so i must be doing something right.
I now went for a bit of a different deck where i go way above the usual 25 Card Limit with tons of low provision Cards for a Big Pincer Maneuver Erland finisher and a Enslave 7 Deck and now i enjoy the Seasonal Mode a lot more:beer:.
1.jpg

Guest 4416545

I feel kinda dissapointed of this patch... the buffs to the trash cards which nobody ever used are great but, camon, i expected some kind of nerf to line pocket more than this prov change (which lets be serious, i would not even call It a Nerf, u just change any 5p crime to a 4p and keep smashing everything)

Like... Do we really need another season to realize this deck is Broken? And i cant really say if its drill, the leader ability or the great sinergyze, but i really think It should have beem adressed this patch, not in Next Month.

Moderator: A couple posts deleted. Please, try to be more respectful when offering critiques of the quality of the developers' work.

The change to Drill is a joke. It should be a minimum of 8 or 9 provs. Or give it a charge mechanic, so it couldn't wipe your board in one turn.
Like, look at Helge.

The last season meta was the most boring meta in half a year or so, and it seems nothing will change in the next month as well. :-/

I now went for a bit of a different deck where i go way above the usual 25 Card Limit with tons of low provision Cards for a Big Pincer Maneuver Erland finisher and a Enslave 7 Deck and now i enjoy the Seasonal Mode a lot more:beer:.
View attachment 11204791
Hahahahaha

Thank you my friend, with your tip i played yesterday 11 games in a row and win all of them.

Ps: i am prestige 8 and i think my opponents arent noob, but this deck is amazing

Screenshot_20210402-020952_Gwent.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This mode is SO slow. I can’t blame players — looking through new cards every turn is tedious. For once, I’m glad the mode only lasts a week!

I understand the value of highlighting cards with Adrenaline when the threshold hits, but I would like an option to turn it off (just like I turn off all others helping traits in the config menu). Some VFX changes were very welcome (like the shield one, it wasn't very clear in old Gwent videos when a unit got a shield other than the round icon), but this one is both distracting and drawing the player's attention to that shift as soon as it takes place.

I see the benefit for newcomers to the game, but once you get a few months in, a player should know well enough the deck they're playing to have the option to turn the helpers off. This is not criticism to the ones who like the new effect, I just would like an option to toggle it off. It could be in the config menu itself, or just like the row count option - you just click to show or hide it.

Guest 4375874

I understand the value of highlighting cards with Adrenaline when the threshold hits, but I would like an option to turn it off (just like I turn off all others helping traits in the config menu). Some VFX changes were very welcome (like the shield one, it wasn't very clear in old Gwent videos when a unit got a shield other than the round icon), but this one is both distracting and drawing the player's attention to that shift as soon as it takes place.

I see the benefit for newcomers to the game, but once you get a few months in, a player should know well enough the deck they're playing to have the option to turn the helpers off. This is not criticism to the ones who like the new effect, I just would like an option to toggle it off. It could be in the config menu itself, or just like the row count option - you just click to show or hide it.
Yeah, if I'm unsure about a card I just hover over it to see it's effect. I'm puzzled as to why this is necessary. Something like Shield which is an active ability is ok but adrenaline isn't the ability so much as a condition for the active ability so it really didn't need highlighting.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Today i built 2 NG decks and tried them on standard, both decks include cards that were buffed.

-The 1st was using both Olgierds and Living Armor, to combo with alchemist. Its great that you have alternatives to living armor, which always got Yen Invo or Heatwave, and now you got the Olgierds as backup.
The problem is you can only play Alchemist twice, 3 times with Vigo, its not enough payoff for something that requires so much setup.
The alternative would be to go operator+ spies to copy it, but that will basically take up your entire deck, and for only 1 round.

-The 2nd is slave infantry swarm. I use the cow guy (in 2 years, NG still doesnt have better options to swarm) to have plenty of 1pt tokens to transform and maximize the slave infantry.
The deck was powercrept, but its funny to see it does best vs other NG with the usual suspects, as you dont even need the cows, you just transform EVERY SINGLE SPY they play, and their coup basically bricks, ive made quite a few forfeit through this, its hilarious.

I hate that adrenaline border effect. It has no useful information but just annoys too much. It's an example of bad mindless design.
Please, remove it or at least tune down and give an option to turn it off.

Tbh, I think the new seasonal mode is a fun diverge from the gwent norms. For one this mode opens up the chance to play ANY cards in ONE match, and I honestly underestimated how much I'd enjoy having the RNGenius luck my entire hand up at every turn. I honestly giggled when the perfect combo/come back otherwise not possible suddenly suggest itself mid match, bonus point if it's from some obscure meme cards that no one actually use. :oops::LOL: I've seen pure luck turns hopeless into hilariousness in this season so far more than in any previous ones. Would imagine it only gets better from here as more oddly op boss cards/leaders are added in the future.

Top Bottom