Patch Notes 9.2

+
After an update I lost a frame *Geralts armour":
1628053748643.png

I know more people lost it too. I see its known bug:

lmao, I love how less and less effort is put in clarity of the patch notes with each new patch
it does follow trend of low effort in balancing the game, so I guess it makes some sense

Damn annoying bug?? Make Terranova spy, then play Terrenova, then play Terrenova, then play Terrenova, then play Terrenova....

lmao, I love how less and less effort is put in clarity of the patch notes with each new patch
it does follow trend of low effort in balancing the game, so I guess it makes some sense
Well it's not "less and less", they brought it down some months ago and have kept the same low standard since.
Looks a bit more readable here: https://www.playgwent.com/en/news/38945/9-2-patchnotes-journey

A little bit of better formatting and color coding would go a long way on the forums. I would actually find it fun to make a post look good (let alone official patch notes).
Seems to me like a case of "Bah, I am barely paid enough to do the stuff I already do, why put any tiny bit more effort into anything else?".
Or maybe we are just being nitpicks lol?

DRK3

Forum veteran
Sorry if the following post is a bit offtopic, but it doesnt deserve a thread of its own and i dont know what else to put it.

Just had a ranked match.
Im playing SY Bounties, which is quite strong and dangerous, he's playing toxic NG Ball.
There's an intense R1, he's clearly trying to get card advantage from me but i dont let him, but i do let him win.
This individual proceeds to immediately slap ball on R2 and try to 2-0 me.
I think he's actually gonna do it, because i got no spenders and a ton of coin generation.
He plays the location for the quadruple Joachim, goes for VWAlchemist to try and snag a good gold, but finds my arena fiend.
This genius then plays cantarella, into his 4th joachim, that pulls a 15pt arena fiend, that without the 1coin tribute, kills itself :ohstopit:
Then he plays Usurper, but since he's an aggressive [...] player, since its R2, its not an aristocrat yet and doesnt trigger ball.
Then he passes, without triggering ball once, but 11 points ahead, thinking he's getting CA now.
I play the new Hale, 12pts, win the round exactly by 1pt.
R3, i absolutely annihilate him with my best cards.

This is not a post to brag, quite the opposite. Its these matches that lower my consideration for the Gwent playerbase (this is Rank 3 btw), which IMO is getting worse every year, to this point where players just play mindlessly, never pass and just hope their strong easy metadecks will do the trick for them.

I obviously know not all players are like this, but i fear in relative terms (%), that number is growing. :giveup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Guest 4375874

Sorry if the following post is a bit offtopic, but it doesnt deserve a thread of its own and i dont know what else to put it.

Just had a ranked match.
Im playing SY Bounties, which is quite strong and dangerous, he's playing toxic NG Ball.
There's an intense R1, he's clearly trying to get card advantage from me but i dont let him, but i do let him win.
I think he's actually gonna do it, because i got no spenders and a ton of coin generation.
He plays the location for the quadruple Joachim, goes for VWAlchemist to try and snag a good gold, but finds my arena fiend.
This genius then plays cantarella, into his 4th joachim, that pulls a 15pt arena fiend, that without the 1coin tribute, kills itself :ohstopit:
Then he plays Usurper, but since he's an aggressive [...] player, since its R2, its not an aristocrat yet and doesnt trigger ball.
Then he passes, without triggering ball once, but 11 points ahead, thinking he's getting CA now.

This is not a post to brag, quite the opposite. Its these matches that lower my consideration for the Gwent playerbase (this is Rank 3 btw), which IMO is getting worse every year, to this point where players just play mindlessly, never pass and just hope their strong easy metadecks will do the trick for them.

I obviously know not all players are like this, but i fear in relative terms (%), that number is growing. :giveup:
well it seems the devs are keen on every faction having their own group of those players lol MO just got their group of mindless players with these last set of cards. Only ST is left to join the chat

Last edited by a moderator:

Just had a ranked match.

Since the kolomoens bleed in freddy babes (NR witchers agains that weird Shield Wall) i notice the players start to bleed in a non-sense form.

But players need to learn and understand that bleed. Kolomoen had the second copy of AA to round 3 and problably (wich he gets in the mulligan) the witcher trio boosted by erland and vesemir mentor. Also, kolomoens knows fredd's deck and he know he gets nothing for the last round

So a short round, even in card disvantage, it was good to kolomoen.

But, like i said, i think since that match the players start to do a bleed non-sense only thinking in that way they will win the match.

Sorry for the of topic, and if some dev whant to move my and DRK3 to another topic (or create a new one called something like "bad bleed" or "bleed non-sense")

Vanadain: It hurts me to see that the devs try so hard to make this card worthy but they are not fixing the actual problem. Vanadain's whole concept is "I can make your 4P card to play for 6 points rather than 3 points". Most of the times, the Waylay plays for 3 points. It is a very bad card. Vanadain promises that he will make that card played for normal value. How is this interesting or worthy enough to play him? If you want Vanadain to be useful, change Waylay, not Vanadain.

maybe ST needs a new mechanic for Vanadain to be legit:
my idea for a unit feature :

"Rearguard - whenever this unit is put in the back of deck, summon it to the ranged row".

Or any other useful interaction, when a unit is put in the back.

Maxi might get interesting as well.

Because right now - Vanadain is useless, as you have already stated.

So the beta music is just a continuous loop? (which was free to listen to in the beta), nickle and dime. Anyway will the witcher 3 music also come in paid form or not?.

Two observations.

1. Power creep is out of control. I tend to play on casual with decks I build from cards I own by opening kegs (I have crafted very little). These decks are definitely not meta; some don’t even utilize my provision allotment. But they are generally thought out and synergistic. It used to be I could win close to 50% with these decks, either because I also faced opponents with suboptimal decks, or I could still out play them. Since the PoP expansion, I win about 10% — almost always against NG players whose decks are designed around playing my cards.

2. Did anyone else notice how many NR and SK decks were brought to the August Gwent master’s tournament? Zero! It was entirely played with the same four factions by all players. There is an absolute outcry by MO, ST, and even NG players when their factions are so significantly slighted. Don’t NR and SK matter enough to merit a response as well?

2. Did anyone else notice how many NR and SK decks were brought to the August Gwent master’s tournament? Zero! It was entirely played with the same four factions by all players. MO, ST, and even NG players go crazy when their factions are so significantly slighted. Don’t NR and SK matter enough to merit a response as well?

Well put. However, as a diehard NR fan, I'm not sure I liked it better when NR was played in tournaments such as the last open because it was one of the "sidekick" factions: you try to win with the big guns (usually SY and NG) and then try to squeeze a win with the ugly duckling you have left. Until SY remains what it currently is, I don't think it makes much of a difference.

Two observations.

1. Power creep is out of control. I tend to play on casual with decks I build from cards I own by opening kegs (I have crafted very little). These decks are definitely not meta; some don’t even utilize my provision allotment. But they are generally thought out and synergistic. It used to be I could win close to 50% with these decks, either because I also faced opponents with suboptimal decks, or I could still out play them. Since the PoP expansion, I win about 10% — almost always against NG players whose decks are designed around playing my cards.

2. Did anyone else notice how many NR and SK decks were brought to the August Gwent master’s tournament? Zero! It was entirely played with the same four factions by all players. There is an absolute outcry by MO, ST, and even NG players when their factions are so significantly slighted. Don’t NR and SK matter enough to merit a response as well?
well.

point 1 - i think its your fault to not create some cards, right? I mean, even a free player would have tons of scraps to craft the cards, so its not the opponents fault you whant to create decks only with the cards you win in kegs. I dont think everyone needs to play meta in casual, but should have some sinergis and you problably miss some because you dont have some key cards.

point 2 -
for SK - at the begggning i simple hate SK warriors, i didnt like to play with it (when it was the most OP deck, with second wind, great sword before nerf and everything else). But, in other hand, i loved to play cerys/lippy deck (before it became tier 1/2).
With the ppast of months, with some nerfs in warriors (also, before Eist) i started to play with SK warriors and it was cool, specially against NG.And, even with some nerfs they are still tier 1/2, untill Eist come and they become tier 1 again.
So, despite now i love to play with warriors, and even they are weak now i still play with them, and really whants them to shine again, i cant blame about SK its one of the worst faction now, because they were the best for a long time.

For NR, i think they are always at a good spot. Only a few decks are tier 1 (shieldwall when it releases, than the witcher deck), but they always have good deck. Now maybe they are weak, but they still have foltest/coomandos/siege (one of the thoughts match against the tier 1 MO deck) and i know with 1 or 2 cads (or changes) they can have a good deck again

well.

point 1 - i think its your fault to not create some cards, right? I mean, even a free player would have tons of scraps to craft the cards, so its not the opponents fault you whant to create decks only with the cards you win in kegs. I dont think everyone needs to play meta in casual, but should have some sinergis and you problably miss some because you dont have some key cards.

You have missed the point of my argument — perhaps I need to be more clear. The issue is not whether I win or lose, or whether I can or should craft cards. The issue is that while average decks used to be playable, they no longer are.

In an ideally balanced game, for every card, there would exist a top tier deck containing that card. That returns deck building (as opposed to deck copying) as a useful skill; that maximizes variety in the playing experience; that truly establishes skillful play.

Ideal balance is an unreasonable expectation; Gwent is too complex. But when viable (not great, not good) decks can no longer be constructed without resorting to several of a tiny handful of cards (mostly very new), that balance is way off kilter. This is what power creep is doing to the game.

Well, from my perspective there must be some adjustments especially for some bronze and a few golds of new MO PoP cards:

Bloody Mistress: Reduce body to 5 and give her 2 armour
=> It´s a very powerful engine card. Currently she´s a 9 for 10 (plus 2 Thrive + min 2 boost engine). Taking her huge engine potential into account she should have less body.

Mammuna: Gain Zeal if you have a gold relict in your graveyard
=> Of course she already requires some set up (same bronzes in graveyard and in deck). Nevertheless, I think that her Zeal should be more conditional

Selfeater: Reduce body to 5
Unstopped he is a very poweful engine. Reducing his body puts tempo out of the engine.

Witch Apprentice: Reduce body to 3
A plus 2 appears to strong for a 5 provisions 4 body unit

You have missed the point of my argument — perhaps I need to be more clear. The issue is not whether I win or lose, or whether I can or should craft cards. The issue is that while average decks used to be playable, they no longer are.

In an ideally balanced game, for every card, there would exist a top tier deck containing that card. That returns deck building (as opposed to deck copying) as a useful skill; that maximizes variety in the playing experience; that truly establishes skillful play.

Ideal balance is an unreasonable expectation; Gwent is too complex. But when viable (not great, not good) decks can no longer be constructed without resorting to several of a tiny handful of cards (mostly very new), that balance is way off kilter. This is what power creep is doing to the game.
Ok, you can blame about the power creep and now - maybe - "viable decks can no longer be constructet without resorting to several of a tiny handful of cards".

But the perspective to create that point its wrong. You started saying that because you create decks only with cards you drop on kegs, and that its wrong. Its the same i say "lined pockets/mo its dificult to win, a few months ago i could use some decks only with bronzes and win, but now i cant".

I mean, lined pockets and MO are ineed dificult to win, but i cant say that because a few months ago i could win only with bronzes and now i cant.

So, your statment, in parts, its correct, but the fundamentation to reach that conclusion its not

Top Bottom