Patch Notes 9.3

+

Update 9.3 introduces a lot of balance changes and adjustments across all factions. Other highlights of this patch include the Gascon leader model rework, and the return of Battle on Yaruga Bridge board and contracts. Read on the details of all changes below.
Changes
  • Gascon leader model visual rework
New Features
  • Reintroduction of Battle on Yaruga Bridge contracts, connected to Bridge on Yaruga Gameboard, that allows players to unlock more ornaments.
  • Gascon leader will be granting a new title, avatar and cardback that is unlockable by completing contracts connected to playing with him (That includes players that already own the leader).
Neutral
  • Arachas Venom: Provision cost changed from 7 to 5.
  • Elf and Onion Soup: Provision cost changed from 6 to 5.
  • Shupe's Day Off: Provision cost changed from 13 to 12.
  • Vigo's Muzzle: Provision cost changed from 12 to 11.
  • Dragon's Dream: Provision cost changed from 11 to 10.
  • Triss: Butterflies: Provision cost changed from 11 to 9.
  • Saesenthessis: Blaze: Provision cost changed from 11 to 10.
  • Ragh Nar Roog: Provision cost changed from 10 to 9.
  • Garrison: Provision cost changed from 10 to 9.
  • Primordial D'ao: Provision cost changed from 10 to 9.
  • Zoltan: Scoundrel: Provision cost changed from 10 to 8.
  • Colossal Ifrit: Power changed from 4 to 5.
  • Gaunter O'Dimm: Power changed from 5 to 6.
  • Vivienne: Oriole: Ability is no longer limited to units.
  • Manticore Venom: Provision cost changed from 9 to 8.
  • Trial of Grasses: Provision cost changed from 8 to 6.
  • Count Caldwell: Provision cost changed from 7 to 6.
  • Tempest: Provision cost changed from 6 to 5.
  • Ocvist: Power changed from 5 to 6.
  • Radeyah: Provision cost changed from 12 to 11.
Monsters
  • Ruehin: Provision cost changed from 11 to 10.
  • Desert Banshee: Provision cost changed from 5 to 4.
  • Caranthir Ar-Feiniel: Can now only copy Monster units with a provision cost of 10 or less.
  • Bloody Mistress: Provision cost changed from 10 to 11.
  • Kikimore Queen: Provision cost changed from 11 to 10. Power changed from 5 to 4. Armor changed from 2 to 3.
  • Plague Maiden: Provision cost changed from 12 to 10.
  • Werewolf: Power changed from 4 to 5.
  • Imlerith: Provision cost changed from 10 to 9. Power changed from 2 to 3.
  • Mammuna: Provision cost changed from 10 to 11.
  • Selfeater: Power changed from 6 to 5.
  • Kikimore Worker: Armor changed from 4 to 3.
Skellige
  • Udalryk an Brokvar: Now has the Warrior category.
  • An Craite Blacksmith: Provision cost changed from 5 to 4. Armor changed from 1 to 0.
  • Heymaey Spearmaiden: Power changed from 5 to 6.
  • Harald an Craite: Now damages self by 2 instead of the revived bronze warrior. Dev comment: This ability is more lore friendly for Harald and less likely to cause technical issues.
  • Crow Clan Preacher: Provision cost changed from 5 to 4.
  • Heymaey Skald: Ability is now locked to the Ranged row. Dev comment: Players can now play Skald in Melee row if they are worried that otherwise they would be forced to discard a good card.
  • Svanrige Tuirseach: Provision cost changed from 8 to 7.
  • Jutta an Dimun: Provision cost changed from 8 to 7.
Northern Realms
  • Coën: Provision cost changed from 7 to 6.
  • Odrin: Provision cost changed from 7 to 6.
  • Draug: Ability changed to: Zeal. Order: Transform all Human units on an allied row into Kaedweni Revenants without changing their power. Dev comment: Players will now be able to choose a row in which they want to transform their humans into Revenants.
  • Mad Kiyan: His Deathblow ability now resets his power.
  • Knighthood: Provision cost changed from 6 to 5.
  • Botchling: Provision cost changed from 8 to 7.
  • Kaedweni Revenant: Provision cost changed from 5 to 4.
  • Tissaia de Vries: Provision cost changed from 12 to 10.
Scoia'tael
  • Panther: Provision cost changed from 5 to 4.
  • Dryad Ranger: The damage from the Deploy ability changed from 1 to 2.
  • Ithlinne Aegli: Power changed from 5 to 6.
  • Sirssa: Provision cost changed from 8 to 7.
Nilfgaard
  • Ceallach Dyffryn: Provision cost changed from 7 to 6. Power changed from 5 to 6.
  • Menagerie Keeper: Provision cost changed from 5 to 4.
  • Vivienne de Tabris: Provision cost changed from 9 to 8.
Syndicate
  • Damnation: The target units no longer need to be adjacent.
  • Tinboy: Provision cost changed from 12 to 11.
  • Savolla's Frightener: Power changed from 11 to 12.
  • The Sausage Maker: Fee cost changed from 5 to 3.
  • Walter Veritas: Provision cost changed from 9 to 8.
  • Pugo Boom-Breaker: Power changed from 10 to 11.
  • Mutant Killer: Provision cost changed from 5 to 4. Power changed from 4 to 3.
Game Fixes
  • Huge half of card art will no longer display over the board sometimes.
  • Practice Makes Perfect and Ancient Foglet no longer trigger SFX when boosting by 0.
  • Brokvar Hunter and Elven Swordmaster now react correctly to units played from the opponent's graveyard.
  • Bridge Troll can now be target of its own Deathwish effect when triggered by Urn of Shadows.
  • Cat Witcher Mentor now correctly counts face-down cards when played.
  • Corrected the Berserk tooltip, which mentioned base power instead of power.
  • Viy and Dettlaff: Higher Vampire's Deathwish effects no longer ignore the Doomed status.
  • Dol Dhu Lokke's Order ability no longer ignores units with Immunity.
  • Thanedd Turncoat's cooldown now reacts correctly to more than 1 instance of Spying being applied at a time.
  • Rico Meiersdorf can no longer drop to 0 power when the enemy unit is killed on Deploy.
  • Ignatius Hale's Tribute cost will now update correctly in the tooltip.
  • Confession Extractor: Now has VFX indicating the source of the damage from the graveyard.
  • Selfeater now sets its base power rather than damaging it when using its Order ability.
  • Isengrim's Council will no longer terminate the match in a draw if there are no valid cards in the deck to choose from.
  • Practice Makes Perfect's tooltip now correctly reflects that the target allied bronze mage must be shuffled into the deck before being able to play a random bronze mage from the deck.
  • Artaud Terranova's tooltip now reflects that the Spawned unit is a base copy of the target.
  • Udalryk an Brokvar's tooltip now reflects that Zeal can only be gained on Deploy.
  • Adjusted the tooltips for both Bloody Mistress and Gernichora to reflect that they both keep their power upon transforming, to match the changes from the 9.206 hotfix.

Last edited:
Thanks devs

I believe changes to Caranthir are not "completely" listed here. Am I wrong.? e.g Prov cost change

I was waiting for the video to premiere but this appeared first. :p

Shupe buff, YAY!
Menagerie Keeper is playable now, which is nice. I like the art a lot. :D

I see several MO nerfs people have been asking for, so those should be welcome. Deserved ones for sure.
No nerfs to SY, which probably will not make people happy.

I've never had the huge card art bug, but have seen so many posts about it that it clearly has been a common one.

Oh, and the Yaruga board coming back is great. Will make sure to get it this time. :D
Gascon I already have and I will certainly complete whatever contracts he now will have to get those sweet cosmetics. Especially the cardback.

Last edited:
As a MO main, and Caranthir main at that, I think you guys could have nerfed Mamunna instead of Caranthir.
I am just sad I cannot duplicate Unseen Elder and Kiki Queen anymore. All because of how OP mamunna was in meta...

Aaaaaaand SY is still OP. Too many options for control/point slam and bounty synergies in same deck.

As a MO main, and Caranthir main at that, I think you guys could have nerfed Mamunna instead of Caranthir.
I am just sad I cannot duplicate Unseen Elder and Kiki Queen anymore. All because of how OP mamunna was in meta...

Aaaaaaand SY is still OP. Too many options for control/point slam and bounty synergies in same deck.
Kiki Queen got a provision buff.

A relatively bad nerf for Caranthir which solves the problem with Mammuna/Bloody Mistress but simultaneously kills other unproblematic interactions even further, though it could be worse. And no SY nerfs whatsoever. The meta will stay as aggressive as it is right now because there are still too many overpowered engines around.

rrc

Forum veteran
Thanks for the surprise video Burza and Ryan.. luckily my YouTube app nudged me to watch this live.

Thanks for the meaningful and awesome MO nerfs. A little teeny tiny bit disappointed that Apprentice is not nerfed, but with these other nerfs, I think it is fine for MO to have this one broken card.

ST changes, as always disappoints. Even when ST was in dumpster, it had been snubbed in patch notes. Now that ST has couple of playable decks, I didn't expect much. But the changes to Dryad Ranger doesn't make any sense to me. If the devs want her to be a 5 for 5 Harmony Engine, they can simply remove the poison. If they want her to be a poison card, could have increased her base power. Why increasing the damage on a poison card? We can just play her as a 5 for 5 harmony card? But at least she is much better now if we don't draw the 2nd poison. Sirissa, even at 7 provision sucks. She could have been given a devotion ability. It is very hard for harmony decks to get 2 damage deathblow. Anyhow, these changes are not going to help Harmony to be playable. Harmony along with Invigorate can stay at the bottom of the pile for many more months.

SK, welcome changes on Blacksmith. He is an essential card in warrior deck, but at 5P and not revivable by Herald was very awkward. Now SK warriors have one more awesome 4P card. Other changes are fine.

SY buffs to new cards is not going to help much as long as LP is as broken as it is now. But it will help casual players to explore other decks than LP.

NG changes are on par with ST changes.

NR changes seem good. Botchling was once one of the strongest cards and became utterly unplayable a long time back itself. It can now be viable.

Overall a good patch especially regarding needed MO nerfs. As an ST main, a little disappointed by the weak useless buffs to harmony.

Kiki Queen is now 10p though, so you can still copy her.

Syndicate
  • Damnation: The target units no longer need to be adjacent.
  • Tinboy: Provision cost changed from 12 to 11.
  • Savolla's Frightener: Power changed from 11 to 12.
  • The Sausage Maker: Fee cost changed from 5 to 3.
  • Walter Veritas: Provision cost changed from 9 to 8.
  • Pugo Boom-Breaker: Power changed from 10 to 11.
  • Mutant Killer: Provision cost changed from 5 to 4. Power changed from 4 to 3.
You misspelled Tunnel Drill again.

Whats going on?

You guys public The stactica of the Last few months and sy was always on top.

Now that monsters have a decent deck, a little better than The sy, yu guys nerf it into The ground and let sy in The way it is?

With all those change you killed The MO deck. I really think mo should get a nerf, but The deck gots 4 nerfs (caranthir, mamunna, Blood mistress and selfeater).

You really think someone will play that deck with all those nerfs? It was already a controversial tier 1 deck, since lined pockets win almost half of the games against MO, and now you simple nerf MO into The ground and let SY in The way it is.

I repeat, MO was only One month at The top, while sy stay into The top for a few months.

One more month playing agains lined pockets, congratulations devs for your work

I saw the youtube video on the new patch and in the video Mammuna had Deathwish but in the patch notes on the main page doesn't say anything about that.
She actually got deathwish? If so that's a terrible idea. I thought relicts and witches in this expansion focus around sabbath not deathwish. We shouldn't have to include consume cards in our decks just to get the effect from relicts.

This just means they will go back to leshen+copying Koschey, I just made a test deck keeping new provision costs in mind and it's just as insane as ever. Either make Koschey 11 provision or set the copy limit at 9 provisions.
That would make Caranthir completely unplayable.

These balance changes are some of the worst I've ever seen in this game. Instead of having 3 top decks, with MO, ST, and SY, now we have even LESS diversity with just ST and SY. MO go back to being B tier, at best.

Please increase deck diversity. Balance is the worst it's ever been. I've never seen a Gwent meta where just two decks are the best. This is even worse than the Viy meta, which had at least 4 decks at the top, I'm starting to wonder if the devs actually play the game?

Right, because MO is only relicts? It's pretty clear a lot of people are unhappy with relicts in their current state and the nerfs are proof CDPR also sees the issue.
Well, atm yes. Only relicts can compete. Or is there some other tier 1-ish MO deck that i'm not aware of?

Top Bottom