Patch Notes 9.4

+

rrc

Forum veteran
But Yaga is basically a Master of Puppets with less base strength, more provisions and which is worth 1 for 13 without Sabbath.
Sabbath is not a hard condition for MO IMHO, as far as I have faced them. The only issue is that the opponent should have a 4P card on their side which should be possible most times, but in a short round, I agree Yaga is a 1 for 13 and Filavandrel is a 12P Sorceress.

So, I can see fierce competition between Filavandrel and Yaga to be the "Worst Legendary from Pop". At least you can use Yaga in R1 and R2 to threaten and bully the opponent out of the round. Filavandrel on the other hand is just bad and bland.

267 MB download, so something went live.

I'll probably wait till season of the Cat begins in less than two hours, though, because the servers are bound to have heavy load right now.

267 MB download, so something went live.

I'll probably wait till season of the Cat begins in less than two hours, though, because the servers are bound to have heavy load right now.
PC version via GOG it says 192 MB.
Strange... :think:

I cannot log in with my normal account(into this forum i mean). It says something about a Captcha? There is no Captcha at all,

Also, BBBMods mod fixing the premiums won't work properly with the new update. I did not save the folder again. $@%#^!!!! Glustyworp premium and Andrega Warrior premium aren't fixed, so i use this mod, but these premiums are now a blurry white mist.

I also just got 1000 vics with any monster ability but no reward. Same for 500 with NR ability.
Post automatically merged:

use Yaga in R1
I tried it but my opponent only had special cards in GY in R1 so it bricked hard.

Last edited:
anyone having isue to update via smartphone?

Last patch i have the same problem, the game simple doenst update by himself and in appstore there wasnt an update choice.

I also created a topic saying that and i was playing in rank with patch 9.2 while people already in patch 9.3 (in fact, those matcher people were using decks from patch 9.2, so i assume they were also smartphone players and have the same isue)

I've never had such long queue times in training mode, anyone having similar issues?

After watching a streamer get several insane point swings (in one case well over 100 points in a single turn) using an SK storm deck, I am very concerned about the upcoming meta. It appears that both graveyard and board control will be required to contain SK. But graveyard elimination will destroy several other decks (from SK warriors to Spellatael to NG patience to MO graveyard consume) and massive removal will render the few viable remaining engine decks useless. Once people tire of the SK wildness, I fear a boring meta indeed.

After watching a streamer get several insane point swings (in one case well over 100 points in a single turn) using an SK storm deck, I am very concerned about the upcoming meta. It appears that both graveyard and board control will be required to contain SK. But graveyard elimination will destroy several other decks (from SK warriors to Spellatael to NG patience to MO graveyard consume) and massive removal will render the few viable remaining engine decks useless. Once people tire of the SK wildness, I fear a boring meta indeed.
yea messenger of the sea looks pretty bonkers right now. I dont know why cdpr always ends up printing these OP bronze cards, especially in a faction that has the ability to replay them again and again

20211005233550_1.jpg

yeah that seems right... and I didn't even play this very well. had a 150 or so point swing, triggering storm on a row with about 8 units 5 times, and 4 rain on a row with 2 units. messenger is basically a (much) better dagur for 6 in this deck :coolstory:

View attachment 11258155
yeah that seems right... and I didn't even play this very well. had a 150 or so point swing, triggering storm on a row with about 8 units 5 times, and 4 rain on a row with 2 units. messenger is basically a (much) better dagur for 6 in this deck :coolstory:

I've faced this deck once or twice and it can be devastating... Looks like Squirrel is a mandatory tech card against SK this season. :p

I think the change to Artis is weird but almost no one played him before lol, so idk.
The change to Sabrina Glevissig is pretty good, she needed a buff, but now at 8 provisions I am again not sure she is good enough since if you don't play vs a deck with many units she's just a waste, at 7 prov I think she would have been just right.

Now for the big stuff!
Nerfs to DRILL, GORD, Viper alchemist, Mammuna = BRAVO! Finally! :beer:
(though idk why is the alchemist now row locked lol but okay)

As for the rest of the changes, I support all of them, and unlike the previous patch, they aren't nothing-burgers. :]
Still I feel we could have had more of those smaller but meaningful changes to currently unplayed cards like Regis (and Regis: Bloodlust) or Sessentesis, Ocvist, Ulfedin etc...

Update 9.4 marks the drop of third and final expansion in the Price of Power set - Harvest of Sorrow. While it's definitely the main star of the show, as usual we introduce other changes, including balance to the existing cards. Read below in detail what new things you can expect with this release.
Changes
  • Updated the recommended cards in the deck builder for each leader ability.
  • Reworked the implementation of how the Spying status is granted: The tooltips of affected cards have been adjusted.
  • Spying is no longer implicitly granted to units that are moved to, spawned on or played on the opponent's side, unless specified in the tooltip.
  • Seize now gives/removes Spying before the unit is moved. Disloyal units all gain Spying when played.
  • Added the option to not save the deck after making changes.
New Features
  • New Expansion! Harvest of Sorrow
  • New Reward Book trees for Octavia Hale and Vilgefortz.
  • New products, including kegs for the Price of Power set.
  • Important! The Way of the Witcher kegs will be removed from the shop.
Neutral
  • Count Caldwell: Tooltip now specifies that Count Caldwell will gain Spying when moving to the opponent's side, and loses Spying when moving back to your side, in accordance with the changes to Spying highlighted in the changes.
  • Siegfried of Denesle: Power changed from 5 to 6.
  • Uma's Curse: Provision cost changed from 11 to 10.
  • Pellar: Provision cost changed from 5 to 4.
Monsters
  • Mammuna: Provision cost changed from 11 to 12.
  • Queen of the Night: Power changed from 5 to 6. Bleeding duration changed from 4 to 3.
  • Naglfar's Taskmaster: Power and provision cost changed from 5 to 4.
  • Rotfiend: Damage from the Deathwish changed from 4 to 5.
Skellige
  • Artis: Provision cost changed from 8 to 12. Ability changed to: Deploy: Play a 4 provision Cultist from your deck. Ranged: Whenever a unit is played, damage it by half its current power.
  • Gremist: Provision cost changed from 7 to 6.
  • Hammond: Power changed from 6 to 7.
  • Sigrdrifa's Rite: Now gives Doomed to the Summoned unit.
  • Vildkaarl: Provision cost changed from 8 to 7.
  • Crow Clan Druid: Power changed from 4 to 3. Provision cost changed from 5 to 4.
  • Dimun Light Longship: Provision cost changed from 5 to 4.
  • Melusine Cultist: Power changed from 3 to 4.
  • Svalblod Butcher: Power changed from 4 to 5.
  • Trophy Catch received a new name and a type. It is now a Whale Harpooner, a 2-power, 4 provision cost unit with: Deploy: Move an enemy unit to the other row, then damage it by the number of units on that row.
Northern Realms
  • Coodcoodak: Deploy replaced with Zeal; Order.
  • Ildiko: Power changed from 5 to 6. Boost from the Order changed from 5 to 4. Granting Zeal no longer requires Ildiko to be Inspired.
  • Keira Metz: Power changed from 5 to 6.
  • Sabrina Glevissig: Provision cost changed from 6 to 8. Damage from the Deathwish changed from 2 to 3.
  • Damned Sorceress: Cooldown changed from 2 to 1.
  • Temerian Drummer: Power changed from 3 to 4. Armor changed from 1 to 0.
Scoia'tael
  • Barnabas Beckenbauer: Boost changed from 2 to 3.
  • Harald Gord: Self boost from the Deploy is now capped at 12.
  • Ida Emean aep Sivney: Power changed from 5 to 6. Vitality duration changed from 4 to 3.
  • Zoltan: Warrior: Provision cost changed from 11 to 10.
  • Dwarf Berserker: Power changed from 3 to 4.
  • Vrihedd Sappers: Power and provision cost changed from 5 to 4.
Nilfgaard
  • Treason: Now additionally gives Spying to the target unit.
  • Usurper: Now mentions that it gives Spying to the Spawned Operatives, in accordance with the changes to Spying highlighted in the changes. This applies to all three forms.
  • Spotter: Power changed from 1 to 5. Ability swapped with Viper Witcher Alchemist, and now reads: Deploy: Look at top 3 cards of your deck and put one on the top, then swap top card of your opponent's deck with yours.
  • Viper Witcher Alchemist: Power changed from 5 to 2. Ability swapped with Spotter, and now reads: Deploy (Melee): Reveal a random unit from your opponent's deck and boost self by its power.
Syndicate
  • Blood Money: Provision bonus changed from 15 to 16.
  • Tamara Strenger: Power changed from 4 to 5.
  • Tunnel Drill: Ability changed to: Profit 2 Fee 2: Damage an enemy unit by 1. If you played a Crime this turn, damage an enemy unit by 3 instead.
Game Fixes
  • The client window no longer registers input when not in focus.
  • It is no longer possible to queue up conflicting actions on a gamepad while pressing more than one button simultaneously.
  • Leticia Charbonneau's tooltip now correctly shows that she can increase her own Patience level if her Order is reset during the same turn.
  • The Doomed status can no longer be granted to units with Veil when being played or Summoned from the graveyard.
  • Salamandra Abomination will now correctly trigger VFX when Purifying itself.
  • Playing specials from the opponent's deck (e.g. via Cantarella) will now correctly update Orb of Insight's Counter.
  • Tissaia de Vries now correctly resets the Order abilities of all mages, not only those from the Northern Realms.

I didn't get any keys after the end of the season and patch update? Anyone else experienced this?

I've faced this deck once or twice and it can be devastating... Looks like Squirrel is a mandatory tech card against SK this season. :p
I don't think one squirrel is going to help anyone. How many points can you realistically say you would take away from him with squirrel lol

Top Bottom