Patch Notes 9.4

+
I don't think one squirrel is going to help anyone. How many points can you realistically say you would take away from him with squirrel lol

Well, in the particular case shown, Squirrel played as the last card for NR to remove Rioghan would have saved up to 122 points of swing:

- Rioghan's 8 point body
- 4 turns of the Storm triggers (32 points damage at 8 units, assuming all had 5+ points of body)
- 3 turns of the Rain triggers (6 points with 2 units, assuming they all had 4+ points of body).
- (32+6) x 2 = 76 points of boosts to the two Messengers.

Set up properly, Rioghan is the biggest point swing in the game. EVERY turn of storm / rain damage triggers all at once, boosting the Messengers by one point for each point of damage done.

I thought the new vilgefortz card looked extremely powerful, turns out to be one of the most broken cards ever released. NG is going to utterly dominate as a result. I would highly recommend changing Vigilefortz to be comparable to Damien De La Tour, Vattier de Rideaux, and Stefan Skellan, all 3 of which are order ability cards.

There is no way to stop Vilgefortz from gaining absurd value because it is an OP deploy ability, so it's currently the best gold in the game atm. It will ruin the meta within a week or two (I am already starting to see non-stop Vilgefortz spam and it's only 2 days in). Being able to get, with 100% reliability, more value from your opponent's golds than they can get is hilarious but does break the game.

I thought the new vilgefortz card looked extremely powerful, turns out to be one of the most broken cards ever released. NG is going to utterly dominate as a result. I would highly recommend changing Vigilefortz to be comparable to Damien De La Tour, Vattier de Rideaux, and Stefan Skellan, all 3 of which are order ability cards.

There is no way to stop Vilgefortz from gaining absurd value because it is an OP deploy ability, so it's currently the best gold in the game atm. It will ruin the meta within a week or two (I am already starting to see non-stop Vilgefortz spam and it's only 2 days in). Being able to get, with 100% reliability, more value from your opponent's golds than they can get is hilarious but does break the game.
Is that sarcasm ?

Well, in the particular case shown, Squirrel played as the last card for NR to remove Rioghan would have saved up to 122 points of swing:

- Rioghan's 8 point body
- 4 turns of the Storm triggers (32 points damage at 8 units, assuming all had 5+ points of body)
- 3 turns of the Rain triggers (6 points with 2 units, assuming they all had 4+ points of body).
- (32+6) x 2 = 76 points of boosts to the two Messengers.

Set up properly, Rioghan is the biggest point swing in the game. EVERY turn of storm / rain damage triggers all at once, boosting the Messengers by one point for each point of damage done.
Lol ok mate, if you say so. I guess we have nothing to worry about then. I mean squirrel solved that Mamuna and Melusine problem so it'll for sure give us 122pts here >.>

DRK3

Forum veteran

I dont agree.
One of my new decks is NG; with all new cards, and yes its the one with the highest winrate for me.

The new Vilgefortz is super powerful against the new SK, in fact it seems this deck was designed to specifically counter it, although it wasnt, i didnt know SK was going to be as popular as it is.
BUT... against other factions, the value from Vilgefortz Renegade seems very reasonable for its provision cost.

You suggest this ability should be on order... it kinda already is, just look at practitioner - 5 for 5, can do a similar thing to VIlgefortz renegade, if its a special you played, it can be used instantly, if its a unit, you kill it and use its order on the turn. The target card doesnt spawn on hand but on top of the deck, but for NG fetching it isnt an issue, and that "extra effort" justifies the much cheaper cost than Renegade.

I really wish the Octavia skin wasn't exclusively tied to card packs. I would've bought the skin separately, I don't need any of the cards. No other leader in SY fits with Witch Hunter decks.

DC9V

Forum veteran
Nerfs to DRILL, GORD, Viper alchemist, Mammuna = BRAVO! Finally! :beer:
The Mammuna nerf was calculable. Although I don't think that it has much of an impact. At least in my case I didn't need to adjust my MO deck at all, as both Pellar and Taskmaster now only cost four provisions. (As a non-professional player that tends to reactive plays, I always got one Purify auto-included. Mandrake is my favourite card btw. :p)

Overall I really like the balancing changes this patch, but like others I'm waiting for well-deserved NG nerfs (mostly the insanely OP assimilate decks). Terranova, Braathens, Joachim, Coup, Fercart, these are all cards that could use an increase in provision cost or other nerfs.

It's probably the most frustrating thing to play against too because as soon as you play a decent card they get to play it too with assimilate proccs on top of it. I've come to the point where I've simply just removed engines from some of my decks because NG will just steal them.

The worst thing I've seen so far is Joachim into Menno, into coup, into Fercart, into highrolling bribery for one of your best units, all in one turn with assimilate proccs for the cherry on top.

I'm guessing the nerfs are coming though, since most of the other culprits have already been gradually dealt with. Well, at least I hope.

Last edited:
She who knows is not working properly right now. Card is not triggering resilience ability even when there's more than 25 points in a single row. Have tried it in 4 matches and nothing

I dont agree.
One of my new decks is NG; with all new cards, and yes its the one with the highest winrate for me.

The new Vilgefortz is super powerful against the new SK, in fact it seems this deck was designed to specifically counter it, although it wasnt, i didnt know SK was going to be as popular as it is.
BUT... against other factions, the value from Vilgefortz Renegade seems very reasonable for its provision cost.

You suggest this ability should be on order... it kinda already is, just look at practitioner - 5 for 5, can do a similar thing to VIlgefortz renegade, if its a special you played, it can be used instantly, if its a unit, you kill it and use its order on the turn. The target card doesnt spawn on hand but on top of the deck, but for NG fetching it isnt an issue, and that "extra effort" justifies the much cheaper cost than Renegade.

I said the NEW viglefortz card, not talking about the old one. The Renegade card is probably one of the most broken cards right now that few realize

I said the NEW viglefortz card, not talking about the old one. The Renegade card is probably one of the most broken cards right now that few realize
How though ?
Outside of being unique at being able to place an own card in the opponent's graveyard the new Vilgefortz is one of the worst Legendaries added in the entire expansion.
It is honestly sad that the only good thing about the new Vilgefortz is the cost of his ability.

DRK3

Forum veteran
My comment was referencing the new Vilgefortz, i dont see how i wasnt clear enough which version i was talking about.

New Vilgefortz and the practitioner have potential to be incredibly strong, but they are also very situational. There are few cards that NG would purposely send to your graveyard with Vilge to then copy with practitioner, and that strategy is low tempo. Another strategy, milling your own cards for them to copy, is also very low tempo.

Outside of those two, they are dependent on what you are playing. If you are SK going up against NG, and they didn't heatwave, yenvo, etc your melusine the first round, expect it to get messed with the next time you play it; and with Rio getting great value with rain/storm setup, expect it to get messed with.

Everything has to have a counter or a bad matchup to some extent, and there aren't enough squirrels in the forest to counter everything something like SK rain can do.

Vilge and practitioner suffer when played around. Lock or kill practitioner, and think twice before playing a high value card, evaluating what NG could do with it against you. e.g. If they just stole your heatwave from the grave, they clearly wanted it, so you should bait it back out. Win the first round, and bleed out what they stole from you in most cases

NG's whole identity is to mess with the opponent and use their strengths against them in one way or another (save for pure soldiers deck).

New Vilgefortz and the practitioner have potential to be incredibly strong, but they are also very situational. There are few cards that NG would purposely send to your graveyard with Vilge to then copy with practitioner, and that strategy is low tempo. Another strategy, milling your own cards for them to copy, is also very low tempo.

Outside of those two, they are dependent on what you are playing. If you are SK going up against NG, and they didn't heatwave, yenvo, etc your melusine the first round, expect it to get messed with the next time you play it; and with Rio getting great value with rain/storm setup, expect it to get messed with.

Everything has to have a counter or a bad matchup to some extent, and there aren't enough squirrels in the forest to counter everything something like SK rain can do.

Vilge and practitioner suffer when played around. Lock or kill practitioner, and think twice before playing a high value card, evaluating what NG could do with it against you. e.g. If they just stole your heatwave from the grave, they clearly wanted it, so you should bait it back out. Win the first round, and bleed out what they stole from you in most cases

NG's whole identity is to mess with the opponent and use their strengths against them in one way or another (save for pure soldiers deck).
What's there left to play? You can't play engines and you can't play golds now. You can't counter with a defender and you can't stall to play tall because they have the cheapest removals in the game. The only thing left is to try and play swarm decks and if you do that you'll constantly be playing catch up and even if you pull it off you will be slaughtered by every other faction.
This has happened before and here we are again. At this point I don't think the devs have any intention or interest in changing the toxic nature of the cards they give NG

What's there left to play? You can't play engines and you can't play golds now. You can't counter with a defender and you can't stall to play tall because they have the cheapest removals in the game. The only thing left is to try and play swarm decks and if you do that you'll constantly be playing catch up and even if you pull it off you will be slaughtered by every other faction.
This has happened before and here we are again. At this point I don't think the devs have any intention or interest in changing the toxic nature of the cards they give NG
I'm not saying you shouldn't play valuable cards at all. I said, "and think twice before playing a high value card, evaluating what NG could do with it against you," as in plan ahead of the card you play, which would be match specific. Biggest key in my mind is win round 1 at all cost against them, and bleed heavy with garbage so not only are they forced to play what they stole from you, but you in turn are not giving them more value to copy in round 2.

But this is coming from a SY bounty player. Greedy engine decks, especially those with no control at all, will inherently struggle no matter what because of matchup. Midrange decks would have better odds against NG shenanigans as a rule.

I have a love/hate relationship with NG. But if NG wasn't the control faction of choice, it would be SY right after. Control is necessary for the game. Otherwise, the game would just become "who can out-greed the other" and engine decks would be all you see.

I will asume you played against It, but did you play WITH IT? Because I did it, and if you try you will discover fast that it bricks a lot:
Maybe there is not an interesting target on the GY.
Maybe there isn't a good card in your hand to make the exchange.
The value of this cards doens't depend on itself but on what your opponent plays and when it's played. If you want better results, other cards has to be involved, but that makes things completely on other level because we would be talking about a combo.
In my case, this card is very useful but only because it serves to a very specific purpose on a meme deck :shrug:
Post automatically merged:

What's there left to play? You can't play engines

Last edited:
Top Bottom