Patch Notes 9.5

+
Every time I see a slight buff for soldiers, I go to try to build a deck. And then immediately get disappointed. The archetype literally lacks viable cards.
It is so hilarious how they can't do any noticeable changes to soldiers or vampires for more than a year.

But time and card slots was wasted on memes like Vypper instead. Like, what the purpose of making such cards? Ah, whatever.
Vilgefortz:Renegade+Vypper is a seriously underestimated combo.

So are the new reward book quests seasonal?

They all say "Season of Mahakam" when I look at them. That kind of implies that there's different quests for each season? Or is it just a weird display issue?

Every time I see a slight buff for soldiers, I go to try to build a deck. And then immediately get disappointed. The archetype literally lacks viable cards.
It is so hilarious how they can't do any noticeable changes to soldiers or vampires for more than a year.

But time and card slots was wasted on memes like Vypper instead. Like, what the purpose of making such cards? Ah, whatever.
I've been playing only with an NG Soldier deck since Iron Judgment came out. Of course I've been modifying it here and there as the expansions came out over the years. I'm a very casual player, so I'm used to my homebrew decks being bad in other card games, but actually, Gwent is the only game where I feel like I'm doing okay. Even when losing, it's usually by 1-5 points. I always walk away knowing what I could've done differently to win.

I guess being a pro, a competitive player or just playing in the high ranks comes with the downside that less things are enjoyable. Not saying this to be judgmental, just my experience. I'm really happy that Ard Feainn Light Cavalry Crossbowman got a boost, because I've been playing two of them since they got released. Now they definitely stay for even longer.

Last edited:
Dammit, i just lost a ranked game, i played last card r3, i was going to win (i was overwhelming detlaff) and the game freezes for no reason. i looked at a frozen screen for 10 minutes, nothing worked anymore, so i had to turn off the pc. i logged back in and lost this match. fu.

I guess you mean Ard Feainn Crossbowman.
Soldiers need a couple of strong 10+ golds. Ramon is not enough.
Yes, I did indeed mean Crossbowman, thank you for that. I corrected my original reply.

I guess they need strong golds, but I only have 3 10+ Provision cards: Leo Bonhart, Ramon and Damien. I have more 8 and 9 cost cards instead. Though I admit that this is also a Devotion deck, so I can't have any strong neutrals in here. It relies on the solid Soldiers and a number of "fun police" cards like Yennefer's Invocation, Sweers and a pair of Amnesty. I'd also argue that Ramon isn't even the most important. It's useful to drag out an extra Crossbowman or Alba Armored Cavalry as necessary, but 11-point slams like Albrich+Affan (sometimes even chaining Menno - War Council - Albrich - Affan) with the support of the Tactical Decision ability can turn the tables quick.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Albrich+Affan (sometimes even chaining Menno - War Council - Albrich - Affan)

That reminds me of an epic chain i had recently, with a SK alchemy deck:

I did Ermion - Elf and Onion Soup (Ermion and Crowmother), got Fucusya! which is the most valuable SK unit, revived Ermion and got 2 turns of rain, fetched a freya's blessing, crowmother summoned from GY with the alchemy, and revived a crow clan preacher.
Points-wise it was nothing crazy but it was a very long chain that makes us feel like a badass!

rrc

Forum veteran
I guess they need strong golds, but I only have 3 10+ Provision cards: Leo Bonhart, Ramon and Damien...
I think Damien in Imperial Formation is utterly useless. He would only play or 6 points (6+6) on such a risky condition. IMHO, Damien is ONLY useful with Enslave where he can play for 10 or 12 (+6 on his body) points more. No other NG leader currently is worth Damien. You should try to add Brathens. He is kind of an auto-include card. Even if your deck is soldiers deck and you don't have much assimilate scope, Brathens plays for a very good tempo and he would get triggered by Coup and Oneiro (the echo version) and you can add Mushy Truffle which will also trigger Brathens and puts good solider like Pikeman for Bonded.

I am currently playing Imperial Formation with these high provision cards.. Brathens*, Oneiro, Ramon, Mushy Truffle, YenInvo*, Heatwave, Coup*, and Joachim* with Illusionist and Pikeman for bonded and Blightmakers-MageAssassins* and DeadMansTongue* (*=auto-include in ANY NG deck since they are very very good and solid)

I think Damien in Imperial Formation is utterly useless. He would only play or 6 points (6+6) on such a risky condition. IMHO, Damien is ONLY useful with Enslave where he can play for 10 or 12 (+6 on his body) points more. No other NG leader currently is worth Damien. You should try to add Brathens. He is kind of an auto-include card. Even if your deck is soldiers deck and you don't have much assimilate scope, Brathens plays for a very good tempo and he would get triggered by Coup and Oneiro (the echo version) and you can add Mushy Truffle which will also trigger Brathens and puts good solider like Pikeman for Bonded.

I am currently playing Imperial Formation with these high provision cards.. Brathens*, Oneiro, Ramon, Mushy Truffle, YenInvo*, Heatwave, Coup*, and Joachim* with Illusionist and Pikeman for bonded and Blightmakers-MageAssassins* and DeadMansTongue* (*=auto-include in ANY NG deck since they are very very good and solid)
I do not use Imperial Formation (anymore; I did in the beginning for a while), I use Tactical Decision. The 7 point body is nice, it is also a Soldier so it triggers Crossbowman or can be boosted better with Battle Prep, and the ability to replace 3 of my cards to better fit the situation is excellent. Damien letting me repeat this process is even better.

Renuald aep Matsen is still missing from the game even though he was in the original Gwent. He would be perfect for a high cost NG Soldier card. Maybe they have some plans for that.
I'm curious how the armor aspect will play into the archetype when it gets more support seeing as it's already what dwarves are all about.

Dear Development Team,

NR cards with Patience Abilty NEEDS A NERF NOW ! !

Here are my suggestions:

1. )Students' Patience can ONLY be activated when the unit on the specific row (Melee for Ban Ard and Ranged for Aretuza)

2.) Alumni ability changes to: Values correspond to highest Patience by students IN THIS ROUND INSTEAD OF IN THIS GAME

3) Raffard's Vengeance: Power changes to 4 from 5, OR increase its provison cost.

Please do something about the broken NR Patience deck or it will become very frustrating to play the Ranked match.

Thank you,

A player who has been playing since Beta and now got stuck at rank 4 because of losing every single match to NR Patience deck players

Top Bottom