Patch Notes 9.6

+
Onslaught - in the dev video onslaught had a bloodthirst passive, in patch notes it doesn't. So which one is correct?
Its wording is also very different in the part that is in the patch notes:
"Whenever an enemy unit becomes damaged, give 1 Armor to all Pirates and Ships in your hand." (patch notes)
vs.
1638807113682.png

I would be inclined to believe the patch notes over the video (video might have accidentally used outdated info), but there is no way to know for sure (yet). :think:

Fucusya and Terranova's nerf seems fair.
Coral and Braathens's nerf is unnecessary.

No support for soldiers again. Sadge.

Radovid might be hella broken in some circumstances.

Another patch, another major ST nerf. For 6p, I will now choose from the pool of 25 cards instead of 7. Looking forward to picking from the likes of wardancer, farseer, scout, healer, etc. Great stuff. Meanwhile, Assimilate can do the same thing for 4p. Seems fair. No more using harvest in my movement deck. But hey, the movement deck get a compensatory boost to the matron and sabo. Thanks guys.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Not sure if Uprising desperately needed a provision buff in the same month they also added the insane multiple Uprising Scytheman Radovid synergy.
How can you get multiple Scythemen, if the card is only spawned and played after the last charge is used - and Radovid only gives you extra charges (both on Deploy and with Order) when you have "more than 1 Charge"? Or did I misread the ability somehow?
Post automatically merged:

Coral and Braathens's nerf is unnecessary.
Yes, because you definitely don't see them in >90% of their factions' decks.

Another patch, another major ST nerf. For 6p, I will now choose from the pool of 25 cards instead of 7. Looking forward to picking from the likes of wardancer, farseer, scout, healer, etc.
Maybe that's because current Bountiful Harvest is broken? When the Simlas atrocity first appeared, people were at least playing different special cards with him. But lately it's almost always the harvest with self-multiplying flute girl or sorceress.

Last edited:
How can you get multiple Scythemen, if the card is only spawned and played after the last charge is used - and Radovid only gives you extra charges (both on Deploy and with Order) when you have "more than 1 Charge"? Or did I misread the ability somehow?
The 2 or more charges is only referring to the way it appears in the Deckbuilder as the Base version of the Skill and isn't referring to how many charges you need to have left.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I see there's some confusion with some cards, i can clarify based on developer or RED's comments:

-Radovid and Uprising will not work, as in, it wont let you spawn a 2nd scythemen.
(EDIT) OK this may be wrong based on the ThorSerpent twit above, however Ryan said otherwise yesterday to us partners.

-The new Onslaught leader ability is actually quite different from what you've got in either video or screens. It is:
Order: do 3 damage. 2 charges.
"Whenever an enemy unit becomes damaged (so it's power goes from white/green to red colour), give 1 Armor to all Pirates and Ships in your hand.

The 2 or more charges is only referring to the way it appears in the Deckbuilder as the Base version of the Skill and isn't referring to how many charges you need to have left.

Thanks for clarifying. I thought of "charges left".
Well, then we are heading for another hideous "meta" combo.
Post automatically merged:

You see them bcs there are no other competitive options. Like, you see 100% AA in NR, let's nerf it then.
You're saying this like echo tutors don't desperately need a nerf.

-Radovid and Uprising will not work, as in, it wont let you spawn a 2nd scythemen.
(EDIT) OK this may be wrong based on the ThorSerpent twit above, however Ryan said otherwise yesterday to us partners.
Yeah well i guess we need to wait until tomorrow to be sure, but considering that the text explicitly refers to the Base Version of the Skill it should actually work like Vlad said.

FF3x5dgXsAQIJwe.png

Onslaught sounds quite a bit busted too if it really gives armor to every Ship and pirate in hand for damaging a enemy unit during your turn.

I really hope you are right on this one, but that's Gwent we're talking about. So broken combos are a thing to be expected.

I'm saying that judging a card by its playrate without an alternative is not a good idea.
And I'm saying that auto-include cards should always be nerfed. And if there's no alternative, then the abilities or the faction itself need a rework. "Non-alternative" cards remaining "as-is" to rot and poison the whole game is not a solution

Maybe that's because current Bountiful Harvest is broken? When the Simlas atrocity first appeared, people were at least playing different special cards with him. But lately it's almost always the harvest with self-multiplying flute girl or sorceress.
There was nothing OP or "broken" about the Harvest. It's a 6p card that had a just under 50% chance of creating another 6p card, the rest of the options being 4-5p cards. What it was, though, is it was a core card for entire faction, carrying both, the Nature's Gift, Handbuff and, to a lesser degree Spellatael and Movement decks. If they found Simlas interaction oppressive, they should have nerfed Simlas directly. Doing what they, they nerfed Simlas, Filavandreal AND Forest Protector, which, basically means the entire faction. And the card is basically garbage, unusable in anything aside from Nature's Gift. You can't rely on it for DB Sentries. You can't rely on it for the watchers. The card is dead. The least they could have done is make it 5p, but it's still 6p. Maybe I'll include it in that garbage deck I'll put together to use with the new Saskia.

• RED Point
There was nothing OP or "broken" about the Harvest. It's a 6p card that had a just under 50% chance of creating another 6p card, the rest of the options being 4-5p cards. What it was, though, is it was a core card for entire faction, carrying both, the Nature's Gift, Handbuff and, to a lesser degree Spellatael and Movement decks. If they found Simlas interaction oppressive, they should have nerfed Simlas directly. Doing what they, they nerfed Simlas, Filavandreal AND Forest Protector, which, basically means the entire faction. And the card is basically garbage, unusable in anything aside from Nature's Gift. You can't rely on it for DB Sentries. You can't rely on it for the watchers. The card is dead. The least they could have done is make it 5p, but it's still 6p. Maybe I'll include it in that garbage deck I'll put together to use with the new Saskia.
Well, you may like the card and think it's not broken. For me it was broken, overused and annoying, so I'm glad they all but killed it. My ST decks played fine without it, Simlas or Filavandrel. And the less Spellatael (which is just a fancy word for "unitless" anyway, so they're no better than Carapace Kelltullis) decks I meet, the more I enjoy the game.

Well, you may like the card and think it's not broken. For me it was broken, overused and annoying, so I'm glad they all but killed it. My ST decks played fine without it, Simlas or Filavandrel. And the less Spellatael (which is just a fancy work for uniltless anyway, so they're no better than Carapace Kelltullis) decks I meet, the more I enjoy the game.
It's as much about me liking the card as it is about you not liking it. That aside though, based on actual average value, there was nothing broken about it. If it was overused that's because it was one of the VERY few decent cards ST received recently, both in terms or solid value and flexibility. The more I think about ramifications of this, the less I like it. This is a huge blow to the entire faction.

And spelltael isn't unitless. You're thinking of Madoc-Control-Alzur nonsense. Spelltael plays seers, sorcs, whisperers and orbs.

• RED Point
It's as much about me liking the card as it is about you not liking it. That aside though, based on actual average value, there was nothing broken about it. If it was overused that's because it was one of the VERY few decent cards ST received recently, both in terms or solid value and flexibility. The more I think about ramifications of this, the less I like it. This is a huge blow to the entire faction.
You are forgetting its handbuff bonus, Nature category (thus spawning treants with Nature's Gift ability) and boosting Gord. Isn't this a bit too much for a 6p bronze? But it still has all this - you just won't be able to surely spam fluters and sorcs. The horror!

And spelltael isn't unitless. You're thinking of Madoc-Control-Alzur nonsense. Spelltael plays seers, sorcs, whisperers and orbs.
Perhaps. Still, they all seem to boil down to playing as many special cards as possible (and then some beyond that). So for me they're all equally repulsive. I can only hope to see more Harmony and movement decks (with actual units played on board to interact with one another) added to the faction's mix.

You are forgetting its handbuff bonus, Nature category (thus spawning treants with Nature's Gift ability) and boosting Gord. Isn't this a bit too much for a 6p bronze? But it still has all this - you just won't be able to surely spam fluters and sorcs. The horror!
Nobody was "spamming anything" with an RNG card that had less than 50 percent chance to create a specific card. The 6p special creates a 6p card every other time, while having to settle for a 4-5p card otherwise. Such OP!!

And no, I didn't forget the handbuff bonus. That handbuff bonus was why it was actually "good". Otherwise, creating a 5p card on average for 6p wouldn't be very good. Or is that your idea of a balanced ST card? Might be the devs', actually, lmao.

And as for the treants and Gord, no, that does not count. Harvest is not a Symbiosis engine. It doesn't generate any treants. And it's Gord who's boosting, not Harvest, or is Gord a 3 for 7 card according to you? Needs a buff, maybe?
Perhaps. Still, they all seem to boil down to playing as many special cards as possible (and then some beyond that). So for me they're all equally repulsive. I can only hope to see more Harmony and movement decks (with actual units played on board to interact with one another) added to the faction's mix.

This funny, because unlike some other specials, literally all the Harvest does is CREATE UNITS that you play on the board. In fact, Harvest worked great in my Movement deck, because the main vulnerability of Movement is its reliance on the sentries, of which you could only have 2. Harvest gave me a chance to create extra 1-2 sentries, which made a huge difference in the overall success rate of the deck. Now that's gone, because the card is garbage in anything aside from Nature's gift, where it will "spawn treants and boost Gord."

There's absolutely no reason to think or hope to see more Harmony, since it received zero support in this patch, and movement will be interesting with Milva and the 4p matron, but with no extra sentries I personally don't see it doing too well. People are already talking about playing Milva in unitless decks, too, so there goes that dream, I guess.

Nobody was "spamming anything" with an RNG card that had less than 50 percent chance to create a specific card. The 6p special creates a 6p card every other time, while having to settle for a 4-5p card otherwise. Such OP!!

And no, I didn't forget the handbuff bonus. That handbuff bonus was why it was actually "good". Otherwise, creating a 5p card on average for 6p wouldn't be very good. Or is that your idea of a balanced ST card? Might be the devs', actually, lmao.

And as for the treants and Gord, no, that does not count. Harvest is not a Symbiosis engine. It doesn't generate any treants. And it's Gord who's boosting, not Harvest, or is Gord a 3 for 7 card according to you? Needs a buff, maybe?
It's useless to talk power/provisions balance when you don't bother to correctly calculate power and provision for combos.

This funny, because unlike some other specials, literally all the Harvest does is CREATE UNITS that you play on the board.
Special cards that create units are not the same as unit cards.

In fact, Harvest worked great in my Movement deck, because the main vulnerability of Movement is its reliance on the sentries, of which you could only have 2. Harvest gave me a chance to create extra 1-2 sentries, which made a huge difference in the overall success rate of the deck. Now that's gone, because the card is garbage in anything aside from Nature's gift, where it will "spawn treants and boost Gord."
That's the only way I saw it being used. Maybe there were decks where Harvest was creating sentries, but they must be much rarer (unlike sentries + Idarran + megascope + witchers sadness), since I don't remember encountering them a sigificant amount of times. For me it says a lot about the card's "balanced" use.
But I'm glad at least someone was using Harvest for something decent.

Why is Alp now a 10 point for 5 provisions bronze?
Yeah you could have buffed her just by increasing base power to 4 but then reducing the bleeding from her order down to 2 (instead of 3), this would have certainly been a meaningful buff but it wouldn't be a TEN POINTS for 5 provisions bronze, omg. -_-

Don't the devs have some point of reference when balancing cards? Like some attempt at standardizing the points and tempo to provisions value ratio?
Sounds like common sense that something like that should exist but Idk, maybe now after x years of working on Gwent you might think of making something like that. :) Just a well-meaning suggestion.

Last edited:
Why is Alp now a 10 point for 5 provisions bronze?
Yeah you could have buffed just by increasing base power to 4 but then reducing the bleeding from her order down to 2 (instead of 3), this would have certainly been a meaningful buff but it wouldn't be a TEN POINTS for 5 provisions bronze, omg. -_-
Agreed. I love my Blood Scent deck, but even I don't get this buff. Maybe they though that it's slow damage and can be purified, so Alp needed a boost? Yet even 4p Alp can still be removed by almost anything if that's your opponent's goal.
I've read that Nekurat was also boosted (although not mentioned in the patch notes). Well, more blood for the blood god!

Top Bottom