Patch ps4 1.04 downgrade...

+
This has been happening everywhere since the patch 1.04 came out. It takes a few seconds before the NPCs change to "normal". Does anyone else have the same problem ?

I have the same problem since 1.04.
It really made my gameplay experience sucks.

Yeah its very annoying it takes forever for npc to spawn in and sometimes even if they are spawned in you cant click on them until some time has passed

really annoying.

Now we definitely know that shadows and blood splatters has been removed by patches (screenshots, video). Also we have less numbers of NPCs (Novigrad - ghost town) and terrible pop in.
So game has been downgraded. And Marcin keep ignoring all questions about that problems.

Roach isn't doing well in the mountains of skellige. I've even flied like a bird with him and run with a half chopped horse up the snowy mountain. How good a game may be....this is really unacceptable.

I wish we could just get a reply from CDPR that their aware of this and if all these changes were by design. It's a great game and I'm a huge fan of what they've produced but you can tell it wasn't fully polished on launch and that they didn't put enough time on bug testing. I don't have an issue waiting for improvements but would just like an update on whether they plan to restore the visuals back to its previous state.

I wish we could just get a reply from CDPR that their aware of this and if all these changes were by design. It's a great game and I'm a huge fan of what they've produced but you can tell it wasn't fully polished on launch and that they didn't put enough time on bug testing. I don't have an issue waiting for improvements but would just like an update on whether they plan to restore the visuals back to its previous state.

after updating to 1.04, i really lost the desire to continue until they sort out the graphical glitches
come on CDPR, can you just give us some form of assurance????

Weren't there supposd to be these so called "Visual Tweaks" in Ver. 1.04?
I've actually been under the impression that the Lighting on Vegetation etc. got better, but maybe it just was the infamous Placebo-Effect I was experiencing?
Well, I've only encountered several NPC/Texture-Pop-In-Bugs since Patch 1.04. I've never had any Bug/Problem before (Font-Size excluded), but it seems to be getting worse.
Still having lots of fun with TW3, but had to load an older SaveFile, because I was extremely overleveled (I didn't want to miss the Side-Quests recommended for my Lvl) there should be an Option to turn off Xp gain (or for getting even less XP than on Death MArch [is difficulty level even influencing xp gain?]) :D
Resulting in me being Level 16 on the first Novigrad (LVL 10 Recommendation) Main Quest.
I wasn't forced to reload an older Save (still had fun doing underleveled Quest) but I wanted to have more challenging Main Quests. :3

To all of the other TW3 Fans here: Keep it calm and wait for CDPR to properly fix everything. They'll eventually do everything right even if it takes a bit longer.
I do understand you Guys, though. Hang in there.

Last edited:
The game looks awful now. SO MANY glitched textures, so many disappearing NPCs, so many times I have less than 30 fps. And all that was better in 1.02. I don't understand what the hell the CDPR patch team is doing there. It's a dissaster.

---------- Updated at 12:10 AM ----------

This has been happening everywhere since the patch 1.04 came out. It takes a few seconds before the NPCs change to "normal". Does anyone else have the same problem ?

I have this problem EVERYWHERE, mostly for NPC's faces but other textures as well

ok gave work but is there proof of downgrade or severe bug, since I do not know ....
Photos handles the same save even day of the cycle, and in the same schedule, I took the pictures with game 1.0 and performed the update and then took the pictures with the update 1.04
repair in the shadows of vegetation, besides quality in the most distant simply does not exist

Hmm...Different items in lower left corner Proving that this is not the same screen...eh?

Hmm...Different items in lower left corner Proving that this is not the same screen...eh?

It's because near where this has saved some wolves and took more damage one of the times ... try installing the game without update and see for yourself same.Not'll update more to see the new patch. but as I said are too lazy to work on the ps4 specifications ..... reduce the resolution will not change anything, just a little intelligence to see that or optimize the game for the ps4 or they will lose many customers .. .... ps4 has the largest installed base, the platform that best-selling the Witcher 3.
They should focus on each patch in its respective console and not launch for PC and adapt to ps4. The sony should take the lead and also require some explanation.
Ps:English is not my language standard so forgive me for being so confused when writing, it is Google's fault.:listen:

keef

Forum regular
i feel the same.

I started playing this evening. The first thing I noticed was how long it was taking for textures to fully load. At first I thought it was the area, so I went elsewhere. Then I thought maybe it's a side effect of resuming from PS4 rest mode, then closed application and started from scratch. Then I noticed not just the texture load lag time, but pop in I hadn't noticed before. Finally, the sunset didn't look quite right.

A quick Google search found countless others complaining about the same thing. Great game, but the presentation feels suddenly diminished. After being addicted since release day, I'm going to wait until the game is restored to its former finish before continuing. I needed a reason to move on to Batman anyway.

NPCs still spawn from nowhere in the front of player on patch 1.04.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vsuRm7gA3eU#t=206
3:26.
Everything was ok on 1.01-1.02 versions of the game.

Yes. 1.02 was the best version of the game for me.
And now we have xp bug, terrible pop in, downgraded graphics,etc (1.03-1.04 versions).
Patch 1.03:
Downgraded shadows in cutscenes, terrible pop in, less numbers of NPCs.
Patch 1.04:
Doesn't fix anything of that and bring more graphics downgrade.

You thought Pop in was a problem? How about pop gtfo? Lol

http://youtu.be/QlUnIVUX27A

Last edited:
Top Bottom