Patch Topic.

+
Patch Topic.

Discuss here changes, that you hope to see in this week update.

1st Patch has been announced for THIS week !

Changes as for now are:

Leader being downgrade from Legendary to Epic ! (600scraps differences !)
They also will give you 600 scraps / Non starter Leader you are owning has the game patch hit !
A free Keg.
And rebalancing (No info on this.)

I'm certain everybody will be happy with the change for leaders rarity !

Last edited:
Funilly, I was spoking about the fact that Leader shouldn't cost more that 200 scraps yesterday evening with friends ^^

This is great news, thank's CDPR, continu the good work !

Maokiel;n6961550 said:
Funilly, I was spoking about the fact that Leader shouldn't cost more that 200 scraps yesterday evening with friends ^^

This is great news, thank's CDPR, continu the good work !

Yeah i agree, Leaders should cost only 200. They are the center of a lot of decks.

Finally i can get my hands on other leaders. Time to hoard scraps. 800 was alot and a legendary benefited more overall than a new leader.

Vaishar;n6961630 said:
Finally i can get my hands on other leaders. Time to hoard scraps. 800 was alot and a legendary benefited more overall than a new leader.

Yeah i'm going to stock up on scraps so i can get all leaders. And also focus on buying them till next week. As we will get our scraps back.

hmm i might be able to construct a monster deck since they reduced the amount of scrap for the leader cards... we'll see

There was an in game notification sent to users sometime late today. I totally disagree with what appears to be a refund for cards already acquired. I grinded to get those leader cards whether through kegs, money or recycling crap cards and now I am having them refunded at 600 scraps per? Correct me if I am wrong but current high end cards cost 800 scrap; 600 does not equal 800. So unless they are lowering the price to craft a leader from 800 to 600, this means I have to toss in another 200 scrap for each leader I already own. I was already saving for another leader card and now that work is also being dismissed because I will have to spend that scrap on filling in the refund gap.

Novel idea, make the change, let players keep the cards already acquired or give a full refund for each leader so we can buy back the new leader at our choice. Not sure why that was not the policy from the start.

It read as follows in it's entirety:

Greetings Gwenters! We've got a patch coming next week that'll rebalance some of the cards/ Since wer're changing the rarity of Leaders from Legendary to Epic (a big deal!), you will get 600 scraps each for any non-starter Leaders in your collection (to make up the difference in crafting price). We;re also throwing in a free Key for everyone, because why not? More details to come after the weekend!

Hell yeah! Love that they're refunding the difference for leader cards! And free keg too!

CDPR rock! Keep being awesome like this and I'll spend twice as much money as I was intending to spend.

Last edited:
Rebalancing as well eh? No wonder, some cards are way OP while a few of other expensive ones kinda suck.

If anything, I'd like a new card that carries the clear sky effect in addition to its base value, something like the Geralt Igni that's a special scorch

DR.MALIKIA;n6961720 said:
There was an in game notification sent to users sometime late today. I totally disagree with what appears to be a refund for cards already acquired. I grinded to get those leader cards whether through kegs, money or recycling crap cards and now I am having them refunded at 600 scraps per? Correct me if I am wrong but current high end cards cost 800 scrap; 600 does not equal 800. So unless they are lowering the price to craft a leader from 800 to 600, this means I have to toss in another 200 scrap for each leader I already own. I was already saving for another leader card and now that work is also being dismissed because I will have to spend that scrap on filling in the refund gap.

Novel idea, make the change, let players keep the cards already acquired or give a full refund for each leader so we can buy back the new leader at our choice. Not sure why that was not the policy from the start.

It read as follows in it's entirety:

Greetings Gwenters! We've got a patch coming next week that'll rebalance some of the cards/ Since wer're changing the rarity of Leaders from Legendary to Epic (a big deal!), you will get 600 scraps each for any non-starter Leaders in your collection (to make up the difference in crafting price). We;re also throwing in a free Key for everyone, because why not? More details to come after the weekend!

You got it wrong. Cards used to cost 800 right ? Because they were legendary. They are downgraded to epic.
Wich make them 200 now. 600 scraps differences. You will get 600 / non starter Leader you own, and still keep yours, they won't remove them from you collection.
So you loose nothing, they just refund(the 600 scrap change) you the one (Non starter) you might have crafted.

Last edited:
Vaishar;n6961630 said:
Finally i can get my hands on other leaders. Time to hoard scraps. 800 was a lot and a legendary benefited more overall than a new leader.

Erm... I wouldn't just in case they reset the scraps setting to give you your extra ones. Keep the cards, I say. that way you are guarenteed to have the scraps

Skattered_Ink;n6961860 said:
Erm... I wouldn't just in case they reset the scraps setting to give you your extra ones. Keep the cards, I say. that way you are guarenteed to have the scraps
I don't intend to mill anything. Funny thing is that i don't have anything to mill in the first place (keg opening has not been kind so far). But i have alot of scraps waiting for the patch (and counting).

The leader downgrade is great news, it'll help with deck variety as well as beta testing balance. I'm eager to see the rest of the patch notes as well.

I like this change, as others have said, certain decks are built around Leader Abilities, and having Leaders (non starter) cost so much was a real pain, especially when Legendaries and even Epics can be more beneficial in the early going. I will certainly be looking for Dagon for my Monster Deck, Eithne for my Scoi'tael deck and King Bran for my Skellige deck

Yeah it's a great change... too bad I already milled my other two Skellige leaders after switching over to H. the Cripple :)

I hope to see the following fixed/patched soon,too:
  • -Monster Leader ability too random/boring with "Geralt turn 1 + pass" etc.
  • -Philippa Eilhart: Seems way too strong for me. You can have 4 Golden Cards with 8-12 atk. each in one row and your enemy just plays her and wins the game. Either Philippa has to get another effect of we need some kind of counter-part. Like a "reset" for all stats, that als work/only work on golden cards.
  • -"GG gives you 5 gold" may get abused soon, I already saw a few times when people instantly left and I'm pretty sure that's just because they gamble to get a gg from their opponent anyway, and get free gold
  • - Fix Ethiné + Regis combo bug.
  • - When we open Kegs, please show us how many cards we already got in our collection (when we choose 1 out of 3).

Last edited:
Top Bottom