Patchnotes 7.3

+
Possibly the most laughable patch I've ever seen in my whole life.
why, imo its the best patch in at least half a year or maybe a year.. It doesnt change the meta - yes - but it also doesnt make it any worse and even improves it a little bit.. lol what a low bar to jump.. but im actually happy about it.
NG is a lost cause atm, but that wont change until next expension - and anyone who believed otherwise has totally unrealistic expectations..

This is completely - if I may say so under the constant invigilation by the mods - stupid attempt. First, scenarios were not the balance problem. Second, scenario answers were limited to non-devo. All non-devo ran Heatwave. Almost no non-devo ran anything else anti-scenario except Heatwave since NG had been nerfed to the ground. Absolutely nothing changed. Maybe some unranked hardasses running the Heaver because they know unranked is where they see more NG - maybe they got nerfed. But competitive Gwent got nothing out of this change. The only scenarios seeing much play in ranked - Haunt and Passiflora - were still in the bottom and were never replayed.

All in all, the weakest (NG) got nerfed again, and this time to the very very ground. Lost another archetype - double ball - which was completely meme and not threateing any balance state. And the strongest got irrelevant nerfs that can answered by switching this card to the other or this leader to the other,
Why would they run heatwave when at least two of the factions are broken? SK and NR don't need it and heatwave is useless against them. Everyone has been teching against those two factions, that doesn't mean scenario wasn't a problem, attention was just diverted from it. I don't play unranked, I play ranked and on the pro ladder I face NG 7/10 times. 5 of that 7 will be running ball.

As you said, Haunt and Passiflora are common, I can say with certainty Ball is. That's 3 factions and two...SK and NR who are so overturned they don't need it. So you're either OP and you auto win or you run a scenario and you win against anyone other than the two overturned factions.

Also.... Ball isn't an archetype...NG players have grown so accustomed to just having easy plays and removing anything they don't like that they got too lazy to put together a deck. This was needed and way overdue. The faction isn't any weaker. If they somehow manage to balance SK and NR I wonder who will shoot to the top.

Also.... Ball isn't an archetype...NG players have grown so accustomed to just having easy plays and removing anything they don't like that they got too lazy to put together a deck. This was needed and way overdue. The faction isn't any weaker. If they somehow manage to balance SK and NR I wonder who will shoot to the top.

So NG isn't weak, the playerbase is just too lazy to make non ball-decks cause ball is so OP...?
Even though NG with or without ball is by far the worst performing faction, was not even doing well last season before all the nerfs.

Not sure if we're playing the same pro-rank if you get well over 50% of your matches against NG. I would assume it's either some type of bias as you clearly hate NG so you only remember your games against NG or you came into pro-rank late in the season and now all the NG players stuck in the 2400s mmr is all you get. but maybe when they release season of the Dryad's play & win rates I'll be proven wrong :D.

DC9V

Forum veteran
I like the climate change aspect of this patch: The Heat Wave will be coming in hot!

NG witcher trio should retain their effects if you have other witcher dudes in your hand OR ON THE FIELD! This way you can actually get use from both of them instead of one of them being pretty bad just to make the other one mediocre...

Well, another month of Skellige, so another month playing Arena :)
I did not watch stream, but did they change their mind about closing the Arena?
Because if they did not then you will not have your "another month".

DRK3

Forum veteran
I did not watch stream, but did they change their mind about closing the Arena?
Because if they did not then you will not have your "another month".

I only watched a little bit of the stream at the end, but i think its more likely that they did NOT change their mind about Arena, its just the other user who's not informed - Arena will shut down on October 13th (someone please correct me if CDPR did say something otherwise)

How is NR shieldwall infinite prince Anseis duel still a thing??? ... its just auto win nonsense.. especially as the defender is so hard too remove so you can just hide plenty of buff cards behind it

Arena will shut down on October 13th (someone please correct me if CDPR did say something otherwise)
Not saying you're wrong but they are at least thinking about making a smoother transition from Arena to Draft Mode.

Already posted this a few days ago in the Arena thread.

Source:
https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comments/iydcrb

Last edited:
Kinda sucks that the radeya - feign death deck is nerfed from this since it bricks vernossiels commando but I guess if no one is running artifact removal then no harm done.

CDPR "balancing" doesn't make logical sense to me.

Balancing means bringing faction power levels closer to each other.

This means nerfing strongest decks a notch, buffing weakest decks a notch, waiting a bit to see what happens and correcting the course with hotfixes.

Nothing substantial was changed in SK and NR to bring them a tiny bit down.

Meanwhile NG was double nerfed with some unwanted, not useful buffs.

And guys... Arachas? Vampires?

Was Imlerith really so toxic that he needed to be changed into an unplayable card?

This patch feels boring like opening an empty fridge with a dead fly in it.

I really hope CDPR is preparing something exciting in the next expansion and that's why they are holding their horses.

Or maybe there's nothing exciting around the corner, because we should focus on Cyberpunk...

Everyone's being so dramatic. I actually call this patch a success, at least as far as card balance goes. There seems to be some real progress with their card adjustments, and more importantly, it isn't immediately cancelled out by any obviously poor decisions. Usually with Gwent, it's one step forward and two steps backward. Well, I suppose that technically, that's still the case, but the two steps backward have nothing to do with card balance (i.e. Ultimate kegs replacing Base Set kegs in the shop and Arena being removed prematurely).

Ideas of how NR shieldwall should have been balanced guys?

some of my thoughts
- shieldwall ability being replaced with something less toxic/ avoiding potential interactions in the future/current
- Prince Anseis being the main toxic interaction (seltkirk less OP/harder too exploit) remove the duel aspect so its just a order 4 damage card .. why have 2 very similar duel cards anyway?
- Also not a fan of NR defender having shield and amour and the equal highest power aswell of all the defenders seems ridiculous too me needs toning down remove shield at least.

Last edited:
They should've reverted Braathens power back and put Vincent to 4 power and 11 provision. Ball stays the same without the provision nerf. I can see that they're pushing the other soldiers, but they're still bad. OOOOOH WELLL. I'm gonna wait till the update after this to see if they balance the factions properly or not. If they don't, I'm switching to Runeterra and not come back till my favorite faction is good and not tier 3 meme. I really thought Molegion joining would make the balance better, but apparently not :shrug:

Top Bottom