Path of Peace: How far will you go?

+

How far will you go?

• I will avoid killing at all cost.

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • I will be very selective with who I kill.

Votes: 19 45.2%
  • Don't get on my shitlist.

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • Only one life matters.

Votes: 6 14.3%

• Total voters
So I've been watching and listening to CP2077 vids for a while. We know you can't always avoid combat, however you aren't ever "forced" to kill we're told. You can use a non-lethal takedown for example, and in a boss fight you can always choose to walk away from the defeated opponent. How far will you go to avoid violence? If you choose to at all.

I come from the Deus Ex mindset so non-lethal is an ingrained goal. They said non-lethal is "possible" but I'm not sure how realistic it'll be, especially since cdpr comes from a hack n slash background. A stealthy playthrough is my goal, from a professional standpoint, and maybe some people get lost along the way....:shrug:

If an npc is hostile to me, I’m killing them. Unless I have instructions not to do so.

In general, if an NPC pisses me off, I'll either shoot them on the spot or I'll stalk them later and try to take them out.

I do kinda want to go on a killing spree though at some point midgame (after backing up saves), just to see what happens. Especially some of the gangs, map out where they are and hit every single one that I can.

I am not in this game to indiscriminately shoot people, but I also don't care.

war_machine_img779.jpg

Depends on who they are, really. Civilians, cops, Trauma Team? Won't kill them. They're innocent and/or just doing their job, don't got no beef with them, can just run if I'm in serious trouble.

When it comes to gangs, though, I won't care so much about using lethal force. Especially on gangs like Maelstrom, Tyger Claws, Scavs, etc. I'll probably sneak my way around or charm the Moxes and 6th Street, but I wouldn't be TOO hesitant about using lethal force there too. Valentinos I haven't seen enough of to really determine, same for the nomad gangs.

When it comes to the corps, it's a toss up. I won't kill the corp cops and security guards for coming after me when I trespass, but if I see corporate employees doing some messed up shit, like shooting down innocent civilians etc, then I just might be judge, jury and executioner.

Especially on gangs like Maelstrom, Tyger Claws, Scavs, etc. I'll probably sneak my way around or charm the Moxes and 6th Street, but I wouldn't be TOO hesitant about using lethal force there too. Valentinos I haven't seen enough of to really determine, same for the nomad gangs.

Yeah, I've been mulling over in my head if I want to take out the Maelstrom gang leader and those chips haven't quite landed yet.

The crime system in many rpg/adventures doesn't really reward a 'lethal means only if not avoidable' approach. A partial excuse is that many of said games are in a medieval or wild lands settings. In a developed society like CP many people would feel uncomfortable around a renown killer, no matter if he's not the first to draw blood. Even authorities might have something to say, even if we suppose they're corrupt or not very interested in serving the greater good, because bodies and loud noise are bad for business and may cause unrest among the general population.

For me it's a question of what I do for the first playthrough. The violence levels will depend on my conscience, though I'll often try to talk my way out of trouble first. If someone deserves it though, then they're getting it!

My second playthrough is usually the one where I go all out stealth and avoid killing. I don't like doing it for the first playthrough since I always feel artificially constrained by something I'm only doing for the challenge, rather than the role-play.

I take it step further no lives matter not even my V I will shoot everything even a napkin it stains my shoe. Hell I might even run a ppl while still holding a grenade. Will you marrow me

I will evaluate my long-term interest in their death or survival. If I might benefit from them at a later stage, I'll let them live but also have them remember who kicked their ass. Since this is a role-playing game, I'll look at it from a purely self-centered viewpoint, like anyone in that world would.

Maybe in another play-through I'll play a spiritual guy who tries to resist sin, lust, etc. and I'll do what's "best for humanity".

I'm hoping that we can have a nanowire in one hand for stealthy distance hacking and a concealed launcher in the other arm for when things unexpectedly head south.

When the corporations and the gangers are on their knees before me, I will make them visit Jackie's grave (sorry xotex) and apologize. Night City will tremble and remember: All it took was one angry Nomad. <3

Selective. I won't kill an unarmed person or execute a defenseless or surrendering enemy but anyone that starts shooting is fair game.

Last edited:
I'm hesitating between full blown rampage ( kill everyone as soon as I can - besides civilians, etc) or total pacifist.

Top Bottom