Pawel Mielniczuk 'game has about 29 base models of cars, which can be found in countless varieties, including Nomad sets'.

+

Guest 4211861

The Wraith car looks exactly like a reskin of the Aldecaldos car.
much variety wow :facepalm:

I guess the game budget went into the branching storyline, memorable characters and meaningful quests?

Well it better have

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's my perspectives about this:
+ CONFIRMED: 29 base model "cars"
+ NOT YET CONFIRMED: numbers of other vehicles, like Aerodyne, bikes, maritime vehicles, possible mechs, non driveable vehicles, etc.
+ Let's just so hypothetically both Aerodyne, bikes, & other vehicles (maritime + mech + non driveable) are all 29 "base" models by each.

SO we might have approx. 116 base models of vehicles, more or less, still not include the "countless" variants.

+ Let's just say these variants are minimally diversify into 3 distinct variants (Nomad, Street Kid, & Corpo variants). So we basically might have minimum approx. "464 models of vehicles" (116 base + 348 variants). This not even include possible variants of colors & maybe some other stuffs.
+ These numbers ARE A LOT compare to other games, even compare to some actual cars games standard. It could be a lot less, but it could also be a lot more as it really depend on what CDPR are saying with this "countless variants."
+ Bear in mind, it kinda confirmed that even nomad sets actually DID HAVE sub variants with the wraith gang & the Aldecaldos gang paint jobs! Nomad gangs are also still plenty. Imagine the "Street Kid" variants with the NC gangs paint jobs!!
I'm a bit confused. How did you turn 29 into 116, and then turn 116 into 464? I got lost somewhere in there. sorry lol :LOL:

I'm a bit confused. How did you turn 29 into 116, and then turn 116 into 464? I got lost somewhere in there. sorry lol :LOL:

Just a hypothetical numbers. Again, what is confirmed right now is 29 base model of "cars" only, not other vehicles. If we assume other type of vehicles have similar numbers of models:
+ cars: 29
+ bikes: 29
+ aerodyne: 29
+ etc (maritime, mechs, simple object): 29
So possible base model of VEHICLES (add all): 116

From there, 116 base might have 3 distinct variants (nomads set, street kid set, & corpo set), so 116 x 4 = 464 of base & variants models.

AGAIN, I am not saying this is the actual numbers, but just a perspectives & my own hypothetical counting on how CDPR are going about it. Nobody really knows the actual NUMBERS OF VEHICLES in this game aside from CDPR.

Some people did mentioned about GTAV number of vehicles amount 250+ on base game, but once again those numbers are already including the type & variants of the vehicles, NOT JUST CARS.

In any case, CP2077 is more than just cars, it's RPG ranging upon the choices, the character builds from armors, weapons, cyberwares, items, etc.

geocp

Forum regular
Just a hypothetical numbers. Again, what is confirmed right now is 29 base model of "cars" only, not other vehicles. If we assume other type of vehicles have similar numbers of models:

From there, 116 base might have 3 distinct variants (nomads set, street kid set, & corpo set), so 116 x 4 = 464 of base & variants models.

AGAIN, I am not saying this is the actual numbers, but just a perspectives & my own hypothetical counting on how CDPR are going about it. Nobody really knows the actual NUMBERS OF VEHICLES in this game aside from CDPR.

Some people did mentioned about GTAV number of vehicles amount 250+ on base game, but once again those numbers are already including the type & variants of the vehicles, NOT JUST CARS.

In any case, CP2077 is more than just cars, it's RPG ranging upon the choices, the character builds from armors, weapons, cyberwares, items, etc.

Given the fact that there are only 2 bike brands in the game, 29 different bike models seems a really high number.

There's not much logic in making any such assumptions, though. It's just as possible that Pawel said "cars", when he wanted to say "vehicles" - that's easier to believe.

I've been keeping tabs on the vehicles shown in the footage we've seen so far, and out of those, I've confirmed 22-24 "base-models", meaning stock versions of road-going vehicles (no reskins, no AVs, or mechs, etc.). On top of those there are lots of reskins (different wheels and paint jobs), and several unique off-road models, etc. But the amount of distinctive variations will be very different - some models will have many, and some will have few, or none at all.

But we don't really know if we can drive the various utility vehicles we've seen, or if those are just AI - or if the AVs should even be counted as seperate vehicle entities, when they're not pilotable?

There'll be plenty of vehicles, and I'm quite happy with the amount and variety of the confirmed ones so far, but there won't be 464 - that's for sure. :)

I mean, I guess that's possible, but I will probably wait for CDPR to confirm this. A lot of those numbers kind of don't add up so much, even as a guess. I mean it's cool and hopeful and optimistic though. :shrug:

Everyone is comparing it to GTA. But in all honesty, how many of the cars in GTA are actually useful? Or something that people want to drive? There's only a handful. And they feel very same-y. I'd much rather have CDPR make "a few" cars that feel very different rather than shit out umpteen different cars that are all basically skins over one, with differences in speed.

Also, is the mobile login broken? I enter my info and it just blinks, and deletes it all, without ever letting me log in.

Everyone is comparing it to GTA. But in all honesty, how many of the cars in GTA are actually useful? Or something that people want to drive? There's only a handful. And they feel very same-y. I'd much rather have CDPR make "a few" cars that feel very different rather than shit out umpteen different cars that are all basically skins over one, with differences in speed.

Also, is the mobile login broken? I enter my info and it just blinks, and deletes it all, without ever letting me log in.

A lot, actually. Cars in GTAV are moddable so you can actually make most cars relevant in terms of performance.

Mobile login to which site? GOG?

I'm actually pretty curious about the standard cop car. In earlier videos and such, we saw this one:

ncpdcar11.jpg

Which had an even clearer depiction in one of the art pieces; an NCPD recruitment ad on a subway car:

However in more recent media, the standard cop car sedan seems to have changed:
ncpdcar.png

ncpdcar2.jpg

While the more recently seen ones are alright looking, the lack of police markings on the side is kinda "meh." It appears that only the back says "POLICE" on it. I do wonder if the former cop car was removed and replaced, or whether there's two variants of cop car.

However, I LOVE the NCPD SWAT truck we saw a glimpse of in the RTX teaser. The holographic scrolling signage is awesome, even better if it changes depending on whats happening/what its deployed to:

You can also see what appears to be a civilian variant of the truck in the traffic in the back. Evidently, police cars are one of the "variations" of the 29 vehicles available, with civilian versions of the cop vehicles existing.

This screenshot makes me wonder whether NCPD motorcycle units will exist. He kinda looks like he could be a motorcycle cop, with the puffy jumpsuit and such. Or maybe he's a type of tactical cop, though he doesn't look "armoured" enough for that role.

And finally...

The meatwagon! I hope we can drive this, it'd be a good meme to drive around the cyberpunk locale of Night City in the coroner's bodyvan.

Attachments

• ncpdcar.png
    ncpdcar.png
    263 KB · Views: 53
I'm actually pretty curious about the standard cop car. In earlier videos and such, we saw this one:

View attachment 11059004

Which had an even clearer depiction in one of the art pieces; an NCPD recruitment ad on a subway car:

However in more recent media, the standard cop car sedan seems to have changed:
View attachment 11059007

View attachment 11059013

While the more recently seen ones are alright looking, the lack of police markings on the side is kinda "meh." It appears that only the back says "POLICE" on it. I do wonder if the former cop car was removed and replaced, or whether there's two variants of cop car.

However, I LOVE the NCPD SWAT truck we saw a glimpse of in the RTX teaser. The holographic scrolling signage is awesome, even better if it changes depending on whats happening/what its deployed to:

You can also see what appears to be a civilian variant of the truck in the traffic in the back. Evidently, police cars are one of the "variations" of the 29 vehicles available, with civilian versions of the cop vehicles existing.

This screenshot makes me wonder whether NCPD motorcycle units will exist. He kinda looks like he could be a motorcycle cop, with the puffy jumpsuit and such. Or maybe he's a type of tactical cop, though he doesn't look "armoured" enough for that role.

And finally...

The meatwagon! I hope we can drive this, it'd be a good meme to drive around the cyberpunk locale of Night City in the coroner's bodyvan.
This is really cool. I like it when there are different kinds of ambulances and police cars and police bikes and trucks and swat team cars.

geocp

Forum regular
This might be off topic but I just want to say that I don't like the fact that a couple of hours into the game, just right after the prologue ends, V will probably own one of the nice cars in the game.

Don't make things easy for us, give us a sense of progression.

This might be off topic but I just want to say that I don't like the fact that a couple of hours into the game, just right after the prologue ends, V will probably own one of the nice cars in the game.

Don't make things easy for us, give us a sense of progression.
While you're at it, would you happen to have next week's lottery numbers?

I can only assume you've already seen all the cars from the game, including the ones that haven't been shown yet, otherwise you wouldn't be making such a bold claim that it is a fact that V will own one of the nicest cars after prologue. I'm curious.. of all the cars we haven't seen yet, what did you not like about them? Got any hidden screenshot that you're willing to share with the class?

geocp

Forum regular
While you're at it, would you happen to have next week's lottery numbers?

I can only assume you've already seen all the cars from the game, including the ones that haven't been shown yet, otherwise you wouldn't be making such a bold claim that it is a fact that V will own one of the nicest cars after prologue. I'm curious.. of all the cars we haven't seen yet, what did you not like about them? Got any hidden screenshot that you're willing to share with the class?

I never used the word "nicest", but it's certainly a way above average car, CDPR descibes the Quadra Turbo-R as a ''superpowered sports car".

I just don't like a car like that being the starting car, what's wrong with that?

Quadra by itself is a midtier brand. And where does it say you will own top of the line Turbo-R right of the bat? But since we like to assume stuff, I will assume that after a prologue, if V even gets a Quadra, it will be a beat down, low end Quadra. Seems a lot more plausible, than what you say is a fact.

geocp

Forum regular
Quadra by itself is a midtier brand. And where does it say you will own top of the line Turbo-R right of the bat? But since we like to assume stuff, I will assume that after a prologue, if V even gets a Quadra, it will be a beat down, low end Quadra. Seems a lot more plausible, than what you say is a fact.

740 hp turbo-charged v8 engine...These are the specs of the oldest model Quadra which was released in the mid 50's.

Also, don't say "if" V gets a Quadra, more than 100 people played the first 4 hours of the game 2 months ago...

Anyway, I'm not saying that I'll not enjoy the game because of it, I just wanted a more humble beginnings path.

^Because they couldn't possibly all be playing a promo build... but I digress. Let's assume it is a fact, as you eloquently put it. What cars that we haven't seen are you comparing it to? Would you care to post some examples? What is it that makes it nice, vs all other cars in the game? Again.. show examples, including the ones we haven't seen yet, so that we can get a full view. If you're comparing it against a taxi cab, then yes.. it's a nice car. What about other sports cars from the top end, though? I haven't seen much of anything.. but would love for you to show them to us.

Stating specs of a single car, such as 740hp and v8 without point of reference is pointless, as well. What if other sports cars in the game have a W16, 1500hp?

So again... what are you comparing it to?

740 hp turbo-charged v8 engine...These are the specs of the oldest model Quadra which was released in the mid 50's

I wouldn't read too much into some of the more intricate details of the book, like the whole Quadra model year business.
  • There's an exclusive Eurogamer screenshot of a base-model Quadra Turbo (no -R), but that's not even mentioned in the book.
  • There's a huge artwork with "QUADRA TURBO-R" written atop, but the car in the artwork is the Type-66...
Either these minute details are low-priority for the devs, or more likely for the people who did the book - or they changed several times along the way, rendering some of the things in the book inaccurate. Not that big a deal, though - it's not the main focus of the game.

Top Bottom