Pawel Sasko streaming and discussing the game on Twitch - every Sunday 8PM CEST

+
I watched it too, is there any way to make a clip of his statement about cp2077 in the last 10 minutes? I think a few people on this forum need to see/ hear it.

Which statement was that?
He comments on how difficult it was to make the game and how much of a challenge it was to their skill sets. Also talks about how much they are have learnt from the problems with the launch and the commitment to improvement of the game and iteration for future games.

I don't know how to take a video from twitch but it's worth watching the last bit of his stream after he stops playing. It's light on specifics, but I get the impression throughout his stream that there's only so much he is allowed to say.

This sounds really neat! I missed hearing him talk about the game. I'm going to check out the saved broadcasts.

Same. Unfortunately I'm still waiting for the game to be patched before I finish it and some of the stuff in the stream I considered spoilers. :(

Hey guys,

just to let you know - Pawel Sasko will be streaming and discussing the game on his Twitch channel, starting today!

I hope we get some interesting insights!

I really enjoy watching his streams, my favorite moments are when he describes story lore of an area and how certain ideas were created. Makes me feel like I experience a deeper connection to the game world.

I watched it too, is there any way to make a clip of his statement about cp2077 in the last 10 minutes? I think a few people on this forum need to see/ hear it.

Unfortunately his channel settings prevent people clipping his videos. (I tried)

I could download the stream and make and upload a video out of the desired part, but I don't think that would be appropriate.

ps. I havent been watching these much, because I feel he obsesses over details when I think the overall vision of cp2077 is whats a problem. Like talking about mosaic tiles in the bathroom when the whole house is tilted. It also doesn't help the viewer experience that he uses 20 words when two would be enough. I don't agree with everything he says either.

Despite everything, trying to communicate to the community is a good thing. I thank him for it.

Last edited:
I found it very brave and a fantastic idea to let us know the opinions of one of the heavyweights of Cyberpunk 2077 after the storm had passed. People with great talent who enjoy sharing with others. Thank you, Thank you and a thousand thanks always !!!!

Unfortunately his channel settings prevent people clipping his videos. (I tried)

I could download the stream and make and upload a video out of the desired part, but I don't think that would be appropriate.

ps. I havent been watching these much, because I feel he obsesses over details when I think the overall vision of cp2077 is whats a problem. Like talking about mosaic tiles in the bathroom when the whole house is tilted. It also doesn't help the viewer experience that he uses 20 words when two would be enough. I don't agree with everything he says either.

Despite everything, trying to communicate to the community is a good thing. I thank him for it.
That's a shame that you can't get a clip, I couldn't work it out either.

I agree that he does drill down in to the minutiae of the setting a bit too much sometimes, but overall I found the insight in to the design process fascinating. It's clear that a lot of thought has gone in to the design and the psychology of the storytelling process.

I was expecting more commentary on why technical aspects are as they are, but I guess that's not his department. He did drop hints at some of the other REDS that were watching when things didn't work properly a couple of times.

As a long term critic on these boards of Cyberpunk 2077, I've constantly said that it wasn't the devs on the ground, like Mr. Sasko that were to blame for this mess. You can see he, and the other devs on the ground, really poured their hearts and souls into the game, really trying to make it the next generation of RPGs, and to make the greatest game ever. I think out of all the criticisms that I've and others have made, that's an important part to remember. Short of a few trolls, it's not the devs on the ground that cause so much... angst.

It's the top managers, who rushed out an unfinished game, shorted the game and cut so many things out of it, making it clunky and near incomplete (per example River and Kerry's storylines and especially romance) riddled with bugs and issues. As quoted from Forbes "they are mad at the executives who forced the game out early and now are getting millions in bonuses for its high initial sales before everyone realized the scale of its launch problems. Or they’re angry at the PR/marketing hype machine that build up a much different version of the game that wasn’t delivered."

So for all my angst and "anger" at the game, I fully and wholeheartedly thank Ms. Sasko for his work and his dedication to the game and to us, the players.

You can make clips, I made one yesterday!

As a long term critic on these boards of Cyberpunk 2077, I've constantly said that it wasn't the devs on the ground, like Mr. Sasko that were to blame for this mess. You can see he, and the other devs on the ground, really poured their hearts and souls into the game, really trying to make it the next generation of RPGs, and to make the greatest game ever. I think out of all the criticisms that I've and others have made, that's an important part to remember. Short of a few trolls, it's not the devs on the ground that cause so much... angst.

It's the top managers, who rushed out an unfinished game, shorted the game and cut so many things out of it, making it clunky and near incomplete (per example River and Kerry's storylines and especially romance) riddled with bugs and issues. As quoted from Forbes "they are mad at the executives who forced the game out early and now are getting millions in bonuses for its high initial sales before everyone realized the scale of its launch problems. Or they’re angry at the PR/marketing hype machine that build up a much different version of the game that wasn’t delivered."

So for all my angst and "anger" at the game, I fully and wholeheartedly thank Ms. Sasko for his work and his dedication to the game and to us, the players.
Forbes is not good source of any info, or speculation.
Kerry storyline is complete, there's nothing incomplete about it. Same with River, River's questline is long enough and he is part of Peralez's quests.
There's conclusion for River's story and Kerry's story. They are optional and hidden behind other quests.
I'm just baffled with opinions like that, if you say something is incomplete, you should at least write why? But often it's not issue with critics of this game, because for them it's enough to say something is incomplete. After playing game few times, REALLY?... Kerry's storyline is incomplete? lol.

Kerry storyline is complete, there's nothing incomplete about it. Same with River, River's questline is long enough and he is part of Peralez's quests.
There's conclusion for River's story and Kerry's story. They are optional and hidden behind other quests.
I can try to answer, but I’m hoping we can keep it civil as this discussion somehow always goes nasty. It’s not a well-hidden secret that River and Kerry are considered underdeveloped by people that went after them as love interests instead of just optional side characters, which is where they fall apart and it seems unfinished or incomplete, especially since they carry over into the endings. It’s not that they don’t have a conclusion, just the middle bit where you’re supposed to develop a connection to them as characters seems missing.

From my personal experience with the game (roughly 100 hour playthrough, then played the other two prologues), it’s immediately obvious that SOMETHING is up with River. His confession randomly over the phone with no lead in, the bugged phone call after his missions wrap up, the haunted children etc. I get that people fall over themselves to write River and Kerry off because they’re not Panam and Judy and that makes them infinitely less important, but they’re still the love interests for people interested in men, so they’re more important to those players. It’s not like we can just pick a main-story-relevant male LI for V, since there isn’t one. There’s a whole thread dedicated to discussing it that goes more in-depth.

I’m actually quite interested to see if he might talk about it on stream as he starts to meet the characters themselves. I’m not big on watching livestreams, so if anyone is willing to ask about the difference in male LI/female LI content I’d be super grateful. :D

How do you do it? Wanted to get the section where he talks about the challenges they faced.
Click on the clip icon on the screen, and make sure you don't have a popup blocker enabled. It will bring you to the page to edit and post your clip :ok:

I would also point out that making large games *is* a business and costs very substantial amounts of money.

That Cyberpunk was released prematurely in a state that wasn't ready, on the technical side, seems clear. But some of the complaints that eg X and Y should have more content but the men in suits are mean echo complaints people make about blockbuster movies that the studio interfered. When today's blockbuster movie approaches half a billion dollars of the studio's money including marketing, of course they bloody interfered.

At the end of the day, there's a limit to how much money people will accept sinking into a project and how long those costs can wait to be recouped. This is just business reality.

Top Bottom