Pay to win even stronger after the patch.

+
Pay to win even stronger after the patch.

Changing leaders value from 800 to 200 was the biggest factor gwent is in actual build pure pay to win. Before you could e.g. sell 3 leaders for 600 and buy 3x200 gold cards to have 4 gold in total. Witch such deck you could compete with one deck to earn Ore and get kegs. After the patch leaders are worth 200 so after selling 3 leaders you have just 150 which is not even enough for 1 gold. With 1 gold card vs. 4 gold cards you lose 99% games (tested it, 40 games loss streak) so you have no way to earn any ore as you have ore only for wining.

How to remove p2w?

Bring back old leaders values. That way you will have also many new accounts.

They changed their rarity (so they appear more often) and refunded everyone 600 scrap if you had leaders pre patch.

So no, it isn't "more pay to win". Nice try with the troll job though.

cheeto101;n7087640 said:
They changed their rarity (so they appear more often) and refunded everyone 600 scrap if you had leaders pre patch.

Can we temp ban this guy? He seems to be making troll threads on the regular...

Making it easier for everyone to try out new leaders was the right move.

IMO instead of leaders to mill it will take new casual modes (for example with limit 1 gold, 2 silver or something like that).

Mak0r;n7087600 said:
With 1 gold card vs. 4 gold cards you lose 99% games

you're plain wrong here. If to skip my main deck my stats are 36% win rate with decks that have only Geralt for gold.
And with skellige the win rate is even higher - at 50% atm (again with Geralt only)

(this all at lvl 28-29)

Mak0r;n7087600 said:
Changing leaders value from 800 to 200 was the biggest factor gwent is in actual build pure pay to win. Before you could e.g. sell 3 leaders for 600 and buy 3x200 gold cards to have 4 gold in total. Witch such deck you could compete with one deck to earn Ore and get kegs. After the patch leaders are worth 200 so after selling 3 leaders you have just 150 which is not even enough for 1 gold. With 1 gold card vs. 4 gold cards you lose 99% games (tested it, 40 games loss streak) so you have no way to earn any ore as you have ore only for wining.

How to remove p2w?

Please, Bashar/Mak0r did not take this personally and did not shoot me, I liked some of your previous posts, but your latter post make less and less sense to me. First you wrote about RNG going against you the better you play and now this. So now leaders are cheaper to craft, yet suddenly you need pay more to win? Previously if you scrap 3 of your starter leaders you got 3/4 of new leader, now you scrap 3 and get what? 3/4 again, except this time you got better chance to open new leader in keg, so where is the problem?

Mak0r;n7087600 said:

How to remove p2w?

If you think, that lowering price of leaders lead to more pay 2 win, you are crazy, if anything it REDUCE it.

cheeto101;n7087640 said:

Gl with winning 3 games in 24h without 4 gold cards to get a keg. A hint. Not possible. Even with 2-3 gold cards your wr is ~5-10%.

Isi23_23;n7089390 said:
Please, Bashar/Mak0r did not take this personally and did not shoot me, I liked some of your previous posts, but your latter post make less and less sense to me. First you wrote about RNG going against you the better you play and now this. So now leaders are cheaper to craft, yet suddenly you need pay more to win? Previously if you scrap 3 of your starter leaders you got 3/4 of new leader, now you scrap 3 and get what? 3/4 again, except this time you got better chance to open new leader in keg, so where is the problem?

Try to play with basic decks, then after 30 games loss streak maybe you will get what is the problem :)

devivre;n7089290 said:
Making it easier for everyone to try out new leaders was the right move.

IMO instead of leaders to mill it will take new casual modes (for example with limit 1 gold, 2 silver or something like that).

What is the point of trying new leaders when you lack gold and silver cards so you loss all games no matter what leader you have? This game is about synergy and combos and for that you need a lot of 800 and 200 value cards. No way to win with just one 200 value card vs ~6x800 and a few 200.

Mak0r;n7118140 said:
What is the point of trying new leaders when you lack gold and silver cards so you loss all games no matter what leader you have? This game is about synergy and combos and for that you need a lot of 800 and 200 value cards. No way to win with just one 200 value card vs ~6x800 and a few 200.

You are again overexaggerating. Geels works for a cheap breedee deck as well (but yeah his leader ability is flawed). Harald the Cripple doesn't necessarily depend on gold and silver cards. Eithne can also be effective with 2,3. cheap silver cards in your deck. Radovid is still a valid choice too.

I brought like 7 kegs. Got utter shite. Maybe a silver but a dupe if at all. I still have competitive decks though from the free kegs. It's definitely p2w (play-to-win).

devivre;n7118390 said:
You are again overexaggerating. Geels works for a cheap breedee deck as well (but yeah his leader ability is flawed). Harald the Cripple doesn't necessarily depend on gold and silver cards. Eithne can also be effective with 2,3. cheap silver cards in your deck. Radovid is still a valid choice too.

then play 20 games with Geels. you will win max 1

Mak0r;n7118940 said:
then play 20 games with Geels. you will win max 1

Well... what part of "yeah his leader ability is flawed" did you not understand :) ? He's problematic no matter how good your cards are. But still... the quality of your deck isn't so much of a factor here (and I'm expecting to see a small buff here) ! But I don't even need Geels to make my point... take Dagon for Monsters instead. For me having more leaders available for cheap crafting costs is a good thing no matter what you say against it. But I respect your different opinion.

Can somebody please explain why it is pay to WIN?

All cards can be obtained in a free to play way, you don't have to spend money to get all the cards. therefore it is pay to skip.
the pay to win concept is if you can gain an UNFAIR advantage over your opponent becasue you bought with money content that can only be bought, and obtained in no other way.
I cant speak for the current beta matchmaking system, but (hopefully on release) you will be matched against people with similar decks. so no matter how much you buy, or how good your deck is, your opponent will match you. so as long as they get the matchmaking system right nobody will have an unfair advantage.

To me its pay to skip, and pay to play with different cards.

Just to be clear as well, i don't approve of micro-transactions like most people i see here, i also am a money free player as well.

Last edited:
Honestly, you cannot complain. This game has one of the best f2p models I have ever seen in a card game. I mean lets compare it by average packs per day you can get for free it to any other CCG out there:

0. GWENT - I get 2-3 packs per day without hard grind
1. Hearthstone - 1 pack per day top
2. Elder Scrolls Legends - 1 - 2 packs per day top
3. Duel of Champions - it's kinda dead but as far as I remember it was hard to get a pack every day
4. Infinity wars - not sure if anything has changed but it was really hard to get 1 pack per day
5. Runescape chronicles - 1 pack per day average with some time sunk into it
6. Duelyst - 1 pack per day average with some time sunk into it

To sum it up, I believe you can create very solid, competitive deck in a week or two. Besides on the lower levels you don't need top notch cards in order to win. I have a win rate around 70-80% (level ~15 atm) and I've never played GWENT in Witcher 3.

Mak0r;n7118050 said:
Gl with winning 3 games in 24h without 4 gold cards to get a keg. A hint. Not possible. Even with 2-3 gold cards your wr is ~5-10%.

I had no problems winning 3 games in 24 hours with tweaked base decks and only Geralt as my Gold. Maybe you just need more practice

Top Bottom