PBEM Campaign - Suhiira - Characters and Discussion

+
PBEM Campaign - Suhiira - Characters and Discussion

DON'T BE INTIMIDATED BY THE SIZE OF THIS POST.

This is a blatant rip off of the one Sardukhar made prior to starting his PBEM game, why re-intent the wheel? (Thanks Sard!)
It is not however a line-by-line copy, every experienced GM has their own views on some things.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Setting: Night City (and environs) 202?. Find a lightweight reference guide here or buy the much more in-depth, excellent sourcebook in PDF here.

Players: Anyone who posts! Note: Those organized into Teams will see FAR more action from GM(s).

GM: Suhiira and anyone else I can con into helping.

Character Roles Permitted: All Corebook Roles (Cop, Corporate, Fixer, MedTech, Netrunner, Nomad, Solo, Rockerboy, Techie) You can mix and match!

There is a quickie description of CP2020 (and presumably 2077) Roles here.
We'll use a combination of the CP2020 Rules and Modified Interlock Unlimited. Get the Interlock Unlimited - Core Rules 7-7-14.

Gear: Ultrachrome. Most things that say CP2020, Chr1 to 4, PS and SoF 1 and 2 are cool to use.

In-game slang: Here!

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Okay, so here's what you Need To Know, Chombattas:

It's Night City, 2020-something. You are playing a denizen of Night City or a recent arrival, depending on your Streetwise and Expert: Night City levels.
Your character can be anything from a few lines of descriptive text to a fully-statted out character sheet. Rules on character build limits and costs, as well as PbP rules changes, to follow.

You play by typing in your characters viewpoint and actions, as well as perhaps some notes on the setting. Other people respond to that, and whatever the GM is doing to them and you. Never say what another character is doing, it's their character not yours. Thusly:

Player 1 Posts:
Michaels ducked into the alley, breath heaving in his throat. He patted the sealed pocket in his Gibsonwear jacket to reassure himself the dataspike was still there, then glanced over his shoulder. No one following him ... he hopes. ((Awareness/Notice 4 + INT 5 + Roll 7 = 16)) A dozen passers-by glanced incuriously at him as they past. Rain shimmers in the streetlights. Michaels moved deeper into the alley, headed for the Forlorn Hope, to meet his Fixer and make the drop.

GM Posts:
As Michaels walks away from the street, he fails to see the Whisperdrone hovering thirty feet above and behind. It follows him from above, nearly silent on micro-AV thrusters, a certain Corporate logo gleaming on it's side.

Player 2 Posts:
Irene "Siren" Hamstead likes serving pancakes from her truck. Seeing the smiles on her customers faces is nearly all the reward she needs. She's been working the outskirts beside the Combat Zone border for six months now and only had to stand off three hold-ups, pretty much half-hearted affairs each time. She didn't even have to kill anyone. The money is crap, but she never goes home feeling dead inside, which beats hell out of when she worked for IE's Division Ten.

Try to be brief per post - NO FULL PAGE ESSAYS PLEASE.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Ruleset: Modified Interlock Unlimited. Get the 7 7 14 rules.
Well, since IU is very modular, it'll be mostly IU with adjustments for PbP game. Get the Core Rules. Mike Pondsmith approved the lot, so stop lawyer-twitching or whatever that was.

Dice mechanics:
For skill use and Combat, dice rolling is simple: Type the skill you wish to use, the character stat related to that skill, and your die roll ... ((Awareness/Notice 4 + INT 5 + Roll 7 = 16)).

Characters:
You have 70 points to spend on stats and career skills.
You also get "Pickup Skills" ... REF + INT = total pickup skill points ... which may not be used for career skills.

Fillable Online Character sheets here: http://cyberpunk.thegentlemanloser.c...0charsheet.pdf OPEN IN ADOBE or a more elaborate one here:http://www.silicon.pwp.blueyonder.co...CP2020v5_4.zip

Preferably do what we did for Sards game and post your character sheet here in this thread.

Current Rule changes:

1. Budget/Occupation Salaries are -tripled-. This represents your past purchases/life savings.

2. Cyberware is half empathy cost at character creation, ( you've adapted to it).

3. Skills and Roles and Special Abilites from the Corebook.

3a: IP multipliers are not used except as follows, they're all one (1).

3b: You may have multiple Special Abilities however the IP multiplier for each one after the first increases by one.

3c: Altered IP multipliers (bad news): Anthropology (2), Biology (2), Botany (2) ... see a trend here ... Chemistry (2), Education & Gen. Know (3 ... yes 3) may not be higher then INT and specialty technical/science skills may not be higher then it, Geology (2), History (2), Mathematics (2), Physics (2), Stock Market (2), Zoology (2), Athletics (2), Electronics (2).

3d: Altered IP multipliers (good news): Archery (.5), Driving (.5), Fencing is a specialization within Melee, Handgun and Submachinegun are combined - Handgun/SMG (.5), Motorcycle (.5), Rifle (.5).

4. You can pull Martial Arts from here. You may not take - An Ch'I, Pentjak Silat, Kalari, Lee Kwan Choo, Krabi Krabong, Sinanju, Taido, Tien-Hsueh Touch, T'ang Su, Ninjutsu, Jattenhand, Panzerfaust or Kun, Zanji Shinjiken Ryu or Gun Fu. Martial Arts do use the IP multipliers listed.

5. No skill higher than 7 without a really solid reason.

6. We will be doing stat increase/decreases. Stay tuned for costs and conditions.

7. All drug costs in eb are 1/10th. No, that's not a typo. Smash now costs 10eb per 6 pack, Synthcoke is 100 b per dose.

8. We aren't using the IU Combat Actions - mostly, in fact, we're using the Corebook/FNFF combat system and damage rules. 8 points to the head (or other vitals) is not an autokill, though, just a Mortal 0 check.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

We'll update and modify these Rules as we play. For now, don't worry too much about them.

So, from everyone interested in playing, I'd like a Character Concept/Sheet. Post it here. PM me any Secret Stuff you don't want seen.

Last edited:
kabukiman1973;n7252510 said:
Since I'm lazy, can I use my char from sard campaign?
Sure, just make sure the skills/stats meet the guidelines and copy it over here once it does. You can consider the Sard campaign a previous "job" that didn't get completed for some reason.

Just a clarification: when you say, we can spend 70 points to stats and skills, that mean I have 70 points to spend in all that and I choose how many points I spend in each (like 50 points in stats and 20 in skills or any other combination I like) or I have 70 points to stats + 70 to skills?

kabukiman1973;n7259850 said:
Just a clarification: when you say, we can spend 70 points to stats and skills, that mean I have 70 points to spend in all that and I choose how many points I spend in each (like 50 points in stats and 20 in skills or any other combination I like) or I have 70 points to stats + 70 to skills?

70 total split between stats and skills however you wish.
Keep in mind you also get "Pickup Skills" ... REF + INT = Total Pickup Skill points ... which may not be used for career skills.

Last edited:
metalmaniac21;n7264790 said:
Do I really have to write at least a few strings of character's description or I can get away with just a name?
"Have to" ... no ... but a couple lines so people know what your character looks like and perhaps have a general idea of "who" they're dealing with would sure make for better/easier role-play.

Is this ok? I have also the lifepath made; I can post if you want.

Hernando Gutierrez - II
Role: netrunner
Int-7
Ref-8
Cool-5
Tech-5
Luck-5
ATT-5
MA-5, run: 15, leap: 4
EM-5 (6)
BT-5, BTM-2
Career skills:
Interface: 7
Awareness- 3
Basic Tech-2
Education-2
System Knowledge-2
Cybertech-
Cyberdeck designs-
Composition-
Electronics-
Programming-3
Pickup skills:
Streetwise: 2
Electronic security-3
Stealth-2
Driving- 1
Handgun-2
Library search-2
Pick Lock-2
Seduction-1

Equipment:
Dai Lung (50eb), Cloths: pants, shirt, jacket, shoes (95eb), tattoo (10 eb) in right shoulder (a snake eating a heart), mirror shades (5eb), pocket computer (100eb)
Cyberware: basic processor (1000eb), nasal filters (60eb), cibermodem link (100eb), dataterm link (100eb), chipware socket (200), vehicle link (100), smartgun link (100), machine tech link (100), interface cables (20), interface plugs (200), 1 chip (10eb).
Humanity loss: 10

Deck (1000eb), killer IV (1400eb), replicator(320eb), codecracker (380)Hammer (400eb), chipreader (100 eb), backup (140), evasion (300)
Pocket money: 2915 eb
Hernando is the son of Mexican emigrants. He was very smart, and entered in a gang when he was 12; he loved computers and thanks to his knowledge, his gang could enter places that they shouldn’t get access. With the money he earned, he bought a deck. After the death of his leader, he abandoned the gang; with the money he had, he decide to go to college, but without the money and contacts he couldn’t. So he had to accept to work in subcontracts to make cheap versions of famous programs. But at night, he used to make runs to see if he could find something that would help him to improve his life.
And one he got his chance: a fixer got him a job with a Japanese girl and some other dude. They didn’t finish the mission, but they provoked a crash in the local net; in the next few days, several companies started to hiring runners afraid of being attacked and Hernando got a job. And well payed. He was even able to get a girlfriend, a girl who lost her job after her company had suffered with the disaster.

Deck: standard deck (EBM PNI 210) from chrome book 3, costs 1000 eb with 0 speed, 10 MU, Data walls 2 and 0 options. I choose black color.
Former gang: Brainiacs.

The Lifepath would be very handy ... maybe the girlfriend you cheated on 5 years ago will show up sometime and slap you silly ... or your mother will call you at an inconvenient time.

Ummm ... no skill levels in:
Cybertech-
Cyberdeck designs-
Composition-
Electronics-

I don't have enough points to put in those skills; I decide it better to have fewer skills with bigger stats,
About the lifepath:

Lifepath: I decide that they were poor Mexicans. My parents died in an accident. Family status is ok. I grew in a decade once upper class zone. 3 Siblings. 2 boys, one girl.One of the boys is older, the other are youngers. The girl is neutral, both boys worship me.
I’m intellectual and detached. I valued one parent. I value power. I hate almost everyone. My favorite possession is a jewel (probably from my parent). That makes sense. I loved my parents, they died, I stopped liking people (maybe I still like my brothers, after all they love me).
Life events
16-I made an enemy from work. He hates me because I make him loose face me but he can’t do much about it and he is alone. His parents are from an archology. So maybe he was a member of the gang but never had much support.
17- I made a friend male. He is like a foster parent to me; he is from a gang family.
18-Nothing happened (I’m finishing school, so my life is dull)
19- I suffered a hit, and I lost money 200eb;
20- Nothing happened
21- I made another friend (male). He is like a big brother; he is from a corporate background. Maybe he is the guy who gets me the subcontracts?

kabukiman1973;n7288220 said:
I don't have enough points to put in those skills; I decide it better to have fewer skills with bigger stats,
About the lifepath:

Lifepath: I decide that they were poor Mexicans. My parents died in an accident. Family status is ok. I grew in a decade once upper class zone. 3 Siblings. 2 boys, one girl.One of the boys is older, the other are youngers. The girl is neutral, both boys worship me.
I’m intellectual and detached. I valued one parent. I value power. I hate almost everyone. My favorite possession is a jewel (probably from my parent). That makes sense. I loved my parents, they died, I stopped liking people (maybe I still like my brothers, after all they love me).
Life events
16-I made an enemy from work. He hates me because I make him loose face me but he can’t do much about it and he is alone. His parents are from an archology. So maybe he was a member of the gang but never had much support.
17- I made a friend male. He is like a foster parent to me; he is from a gang family.
19- I suffered a hit, and I lost money 200eb;
20- Nothing happened
21- I made another friend (male). He is like a big brother; he is from a corporate background. Maybe he is the guy who gets me the subcontracts?

Looks good, if you don't mind could you put some zeros after those skills so folks know they weren't just missed by accident? And I'll assume your character is studying them so he'll be permitted to make "Easy" skill checks on the subjects.

Done!

Hernando Gutierrez - II
Role: netrunner
Int-7
Ref-8
Cool-5
Tech-5
Luck-5
ATT-5
MA-5, run: 15, leap: 4
EM-5 (6)
BT-5, BTM-2
Career skills:
Interface: 7
Awareness- 3
Basic Tech-2
Education-2
System Knowledge-2
Cybertech-0
Cyberdeck designs-0
Composition-0
Electronics-0
Programming-3
Pickup skills:
Streetwise: 2
Electronic security-3
Stealth-2+1=3
Driving- 1
Handgun-2
Library search-2+1=3
Pick Lock-2
Seduction-1

Equipment:
Dai Lung (50eb), Cloths: pants, shirt, jacket, shoes (95eb), tattoo (10 eb) in right shoulder (a snake eating a heart), mirror shades (5eb), pocket computer (100eb)
Cyberware: basic processor (1000eb), nasal filters (60eb), cibermodem link (100eb), dataterm link (100eb), chipware socket (200), vehicle link (100), smartgun link (100), machine tech link (100), interface cables (20), interface plugs (200), 1 chip (10eb).
Humanity loss: 10

Deck (1000eb), killer IV (1400eb), replicator(320eb), codecracker (380)Hammer (400eb), chipreader (100 eb), backup (140), evasion (300)
Pocket money: 2915 eb
Hernando is the son of Mexican emigrants. He was very smart, and entered in a gang when he was 12; he loved computers and thanks to his knowledge, his gang could enter places that they shouldn’t get access. With the money he earned, he bought a deck. After the death of his leader, he abandoned the gang; with the money he had, he decide to go to college, but without the money and contacts he couldn’t. So he had to accept to work in subcontracts to make cheap versions of famous programs. But at night, he used to make runs to see if he could find something that would help him to improve his life.
And one he got his chance: a fixer got him a job with a Japanese girl and some other dude. They didn’t finish the mission, but they provoked a crash in the local net; in the next few days, several companies started to hiring runners afraid of being attacked and Hernando got a job. And well payed. He was even able to get a girlfriend, a girl who lost her job after her company had suffered with the disaster.

Deck: standard deck (EBM PNI 210) from chrome book 3, costs 1000 eb with 0 speed, 10 MU, Data walls 2 and 0 options. I choose black color.
Former gang: Brainiacs.
Life events
19- I suffered a hit, and I lost money 200eb; books are probably expensive
20- Nothing happened

Last edited:
Sometime after the New Year, rather depends how soon folks get their characters done/approved.

Top Bottom