PBEM Campaign - Suhiira - Characters and Discussion

+
I thinks I should give some feedback by now. Besides being a pity that I'm the only player, I'm really enjoying it. With a slow pace we can actually develop our chars and discover the world. Usually we can only make a quick plan and start shooting.

kabukiman1973;n8389590 said:
I thinks I should give some feedback by now. Besides being a pity that I'm the only player, I'm really enjoying it. With a slow pace we can actually develop our chars and discover the world. Usually we can only make a quick plan and start shooting.
The comments are appreciated.
I was a bit afraid you might be getting bored by the pace.
I'm afraid if you're looking for non-stop thrill-a-minute action combat in any game I run (other then a wargame) you're going to be disappointed.

Last edited:
Sorry ... should have been more clear.
That was directed at anyone else that might be interested in joining the game not you.

C-can I play...? I mean, I've never played anything Cybperunk, so I'd need to be forcefed the rules, but color me intrigued anyway.

Soldowner;n8417870 said:
C-can I play...? I mean, I've never played anything Cybperunk, so I'd need to be forcefed the rules, but color me intrigued anyway.
Just follow the character creation guidelines and welcome aboard!

Pick whatever Role interests you, just as it is now I'll fill in as needed with NPCs ... and there are LOTS of reasons for one to leave the team if they're no longer needed.

As to the rules ... don't sweat them ... use common sense and you'll find the rules will tend provide the needed guidelines on how to do what you want.

Last edited:
Suhiira;n8417990 said:
Just follow the character creation guidelines and welcome aboard!

Pick whatever Role interests you, just as it is now I'll fill in as needed with NPCs ... and there are LOTS of reasons for one to leave the team if they're no longer needed.

As to the rules ... don't sweat them ... use common sense and you'll find the rules will tend provide the needed guidelines on how to do what you want.

Sweet! Then I'll get to work right away. My only question would be the lower and upper age limits of what's allowable. ...And if a Fixer Solo would be a thing if I wanted to write "really old, old fashioned Yakuza badass"

Last edited:
If you want to run an older, more experienced character, I'll even give you more skill points to reflect that experience ... BUT ... at the cost of caps on character stats (which you'll not be permitted to raise above those caps later with IP).
2077 or not ... age takes it's toll.

So while experience may give you an edge in the beginning younger characters will have the long-term advantage in terms of potential.

Last edited:

Setsuna Muramasa
Description: An effeminate male standing at 5'2" and weighing 100lbs. His form is soft with minimal muscle tone, and svelte as though he were truly a woman, his longer legs and narrower waist adding to the androgyny. His facial features are equally soft, showing the barest hints of masculinity in the right light. These features are framed by long, straight, blonde-hair that gradients into white as you move further away from the roots. Being of Japanese-British heritage, his skin is paler than his Asian kin, and his eyes, despite a characteristically Japanese almond-shape, are a light blue.
Role: Rockerboy
Int-4
Ref-7
Cool-5
Tech-4
Luck-3
ATT-8
MA- 2 (4), run: 6 (12), leap: .25 (1)
EM-7
BT-4, BTM-1

Career skills:
Charismatic Leadership: 7
Awareness- 0(2 Tactile)
Wardrobe & Style-0
Streetwise-0
Seduction-1(3)
Persuade & Fast Talk-0
Perform (Sing)-6(8)
Composition (Music)-6
Brawling-0
Play Instrument (Guitar)-6

Pickup skills:
Handgun-1
Motorcycle-1
Grooming-1
Aikido-1
Language (Japanese)-8

Equipment:
Tools: Electric Guitar .............................. 500eb
Federated Arms X-38 (2d6 Light Pistol) .............................. 35eb

Clothes: Icon America Leather Miniskirt (SP 12) .............................. 175eb
Armored Stockings (SP 6) .................................... 110eb
Icon America Leather Halfboots (SP 14) ............ 175eb
Icon America Leather Bomber Jacket (SP 14) .................... 525eb
Gloves (SP 12)…………………………………………………. 35eb
Shades ………………………………………………. 50eb

Cybernetics:
AudioVox (+2 to Perform) .............................. 700eb (HL 2.5)
Volume .............................. 75eb (HL 1)
Forked Tongue (+1 to Persuasion/Seduction) .............................. 350eb (HL 1)
Audio/Video Recorder .............................. 300eb (HL 1)
Tactile Boost (+2 to Awareness) .............................. 100eb (HL 1)
Nano-Groomers (+2-+4 to Personal Grooming) .............................. 400eb (HL .25)
Speed Grafts (+2 to MA) .............................. 750eb (HL 1)
Tailored Pheremones - Love (+1 to Seduction) .............................. 1000eb (HL 2)

Pocket Money: 720eb

Lifepath:
Mixed Japanese-British heritage, and from a wealthy family with both parents still alive. Family status is in danger because of criminal connections. Grew up in a defended part of a large city with one older brother that likes him. He is shy, secretive, and values his father and honesty over all else. He believes every person has value, and cherished a toy over all other possessions.

16. Setsuna made a friend in law enforcement
17. Setsuna made an enemy of a person he worked for by turning down either a job offer or romantic involvement. Or both. They hate Setsuna, and has himself and a few friends at his back if he wants to cause trouble. Probably somebody with a recording contract Setsuna took that got a little too personal for him to finish it.
18. Setsuna made a female friend that is an older sister to him. A band mate, most likely.
19. Setsuna was in a terrible accident and now has night terrors. It was probably no "accident" and caused because of his family's criminal ties.
20. Setsuna was in a romantic relationship, but he and his lover have conflicting families and backgrounds. Setsuna still loves his partner. It's just as likely the cop since Setsuna's family has a background as Fixers.

Backstory:
Born as the youngest son of Masa Muramasa, a powerful man and dangerous man who sat at the top of a Yakuza ladder, Setsuna was afforded an easy life when he was young. He watched his older brother struggle for everything he wanted, but Setsuna was treated almost as though he were royalty, earning him the nickname "Yakuza Princess" as he grew. As he was afforded the freedom to do as he pleased, he sought recreational activities to challenge himself and found he had a certain talent for music. Talented, beautiful, and with leverage from Masa's connections, it was no challenging feat to have Setsuna playing venues on his own. While Masa worked in the background, Setsuna stood at the front, offering any message his father wanted him to into masses hungry for a word. In time, Setsuna drew the attention of even law enforcement, with one officer even offering to show the sheltered rocker just how to survive the streets if he ever needed it. All was well in Setsuna's mind, but because of his father's occupation, he couldn't avoid attention forever. The name "Muramasa" had its own share of enemies without Setsuna's intervention, and knowing how much the father cherished the son, it didn't take much leverage for Masa's enemies to reprogram a car to run Setsuna down in retaliation for whatever atrocities Masa had committed. He was critically wounded, but survived, and after a long absence, he's ready to return to the stage, and hurl those who think they're in charge right into the sun.

Last edited:
Well ...

Perform 3 (should probably be specialized in "singing") means you're not even good enough to do weddings and cheap bars ... that requires 4+ ... you need 6+ to be professional caliber.

Play Instrument 0 means you're purely a vocalist ... that's unusual.

Composition 0 ... so all you do is other peoples work ... nothing original ... unless you do opera it's VERY difficult to get famous that way.

Yep ... you're probably not going to be much good at anything BUT your primary role skills ... welcome to noob characters 101!
I'd shoot for 6 in core skills [Charismatic Leadership, Perform(sing), Composition(music), Play Instrument(pick one)] for your role then see how many points you have left and decide what's most important/useful.

Lifepath is not needed BUT it's very useful to give your character some background ... where are you from? Who do you know? You didn't just spring into existence out of someone's mind you know!

Last edited:
I've revised it to your specifications. Hopefully that looks better! I'll get on this lifepath stuff after I'm sure the stats are fine.

Soldowner;n8426280 said:
I've revised it to your specifications. Hopefully that looks better! I'll get on this lifepath stuff after I'm sure the stats are fine.
It is YOUR character ... so they're suggestions not specifications

Also you have 72 points of stats/skills ... should be 70.
Do you speak Japanese? If so you need to buy it ... yeah ... it sux being a new character ... so much to do, so little to do it with.
Akido has a skill cost modifier of 5 ... INT+REF=9 ... Grooming 3 (3) + Handgun/SMG 2 (1) + Motorcycle 2 (1) + Akido 2 (10) = 15. Yes ... Martial Arts are VERY costly to learn.

OK ... you're now a professional quality musician ... are you in a band? Who else is in it? (I'll create your fellow band members if you'd like) What type of music do you perform?

I'm very tempted to raise the creation points from 70 to 80 (or even more), but the trouble is since those same points are used for stats and skills someone could just have all 10 stats with lower skill levels and be just as proficient as someone with average stats (i.e. 90% of the world) and high skills.

Last edited:
Suhiira;n8426330 said:
It is YOUR character ... so they're suggestions not specifications ;)

True though that might be, you're the professional here! It'd be my loss to not take your advice.

Suhiira;n8426330 said:
It is YOUR character ... so they're suggestions not specifications

Also you have 72 points of stats/skills ... should be 70.
Do you speak Japanese? If so you need to buy it ... yeah ... it sux being a new character ... so much to do, so little to do it with.
Akido has a skill cost modifier of 5 ... INT+REF=9 ... Grooming 3 (3) + Handgun/SMG 2 (1) + Motorcycle 2 (1) + Akido 2 (10) = 15. Yes ... Martial Arts are VERY costly to learn.

OK ... you're now a professional quality musician ... are you in a band? Who else is in it? (I'll create your fellow band members if you'd like) What type of music do you perform?

I'm very tempted to raise the creation points from 70 to 80 (or even more), but the trouble is since those same points are used for stats and skills someone could just have all 10 stats with lower skill levels and be just as proficient as someone with average stats (i.e. 90% of the world) and high skills.

Double posting here, but done and done! Lowered seduction, which brings me back to 70 if you don't count the speed grafts. I also just went with handgun 1 since Japanese is the first language Setsuna learned to speak, so he needs to speak it fluently. Removed Aikido since I didn't know the cost and that's faaaar too rich for my blood! Setsuna is in an alternative rock band like...like People in Planes, but I'm no good at members, so if you'd create them, I'm not going to complain! Setsuna calls them Hyakki Yako(cute, right? It means Night Parade if you shorten it). He just uses the English name when talking about them, though. You seem culturally versed, so you probably already know that "Hyakki Yako" is a superstition that "demons come out to play at night." That's why Setsuna calls them that. He even has Hyakki Yako written in cute kanji on his guitar!

As for skill points, we get more later on, right? So I think I'll survive. Eventually the image in my head will exist in-game. A sexy motorcycle rocker babe that can judo-flip fools in the street! And that also happens to be a dude. That part's important. If Andrej Pejic can do it, so can Setsuna.

Last edited:
You have .5 points left for pick up skills ... (Pistol/SMG is only 1/2 point each) so if you want you can pick up Motorcycle 1 (also .5 points each) again so you can at least drive one. I'll even "cheat" a bit ... INT+REF=11 ... Grooming 1 (1) + Handgun/SMG 1 (.5) + Motorcycle 1 (.5) + Akido 1 (5) Language(Japanese) 8 (4) = 11. You find a way to increase INT and/or REF by a total of 2 points and it's yours!

As to culturally versed ... sorta ... I'm sure you appreciate Nogitsune's name more then most do tho *winks*.

Yakuza connections ... interesting. I'll assume you (more-or-less) understand what you're getting yourself into by being associated with them. You didn't say if you had any tatoos and were an active member so I'll assume you're not (easier on you this way).

I'll flesh out the rest of you band over time, since they're not immediately relevant (I'm thinking 5-piece, you, bass guitar, drums, keyboard, one with various types of wind/brass insturments). Why are YOU in America when you're in a fairly successful Japanese band? How long have you been here?

It's 2077! No one really cares what you do, or don't, wear ... well ... some folks do ... like say "Traditional Italian Mafia" types ...

kabukiman1973
I just noticed you don't speak Spanish ... make you a deal ... you get Language(Spanish) 6 for free ! You're not totally fluent as it's not your first language (you grew up in Night City after all).

Last edited:
Suhiira;n8432540 said:
You have .5 points left for pick up skills ... (Pistol/SMG is only 1/2 point each) so if you want you can pick up Motorcycle 1 (also .5 points each) again so you can at least drive one.

As to culturally versed ... sorta ... I'm sure you appreciate Nogitsune's name more them most do tho *winks*.

Yakuza connections ... interesting. I'll assume you (more-or-less) understand what you're getting yourself into by being associated with them. You didn't say if you had any tatoos and were an active member so I'll assume you're not (easier on you this way).

I'll flesh out the rest of you band over time, since they're not immediately relevant. Why are YOU in America when you're in a fairly successful Japanese band?

It's 2077 ! No one really cares what you do, or don't, wear ... well ... some folks do ... like say "Traditional Italian Mafia" types ...

I took motorcycle 1. Now he's a rider again!

It's definitely a name I can get behind, for more than one reason! As for the connections, yeah, I think I know what it should mean. And no, Setsuna was never an active member. Just related to one by Masa. If he got tattoos, Masa might kill him!

Setsuna's in America for two reasons. To establish a foothold across nations, and to get away from Japan before he gets hit with another errant car since that scarred him for life. Besides, the more people willing to listen, the more he can say, and a little international fame isn't bad either.

Good ... an active Yakuza member, given the current dealings with the Mafia (and soon to be Tongs) would be ... problematic. I don't think your father would appreciate your starting a war ...

So the rest of you band is ... still in Japan?

Suhiira;n8432820 said:
Good ... an active Yakuza member, given the current dealings with the Mafia (and soon to be Tongs) would be ... problematic. I don't think your father would appreciate your starting a war ...

So the rest of you band is ... still in Japan?

I'd like to think he took them with him. He's too shy to be a soloist.

Soldowner;n8432880 said:
I'd like to think he took them with him. He's too shy to be a soloist.
Take a look at the revised post above concerning your language skills.

I'll assume they're off someplace handling "business" while you're out here prowling the night.
So ... one of them will act as the bands manager ... you can make suggestions but an NPC band member will make the decisions.

Last edited:
Top Bottom