Jobs Support Register

PBEM Campaign - Suhiira - The Game Itself

+

PBEM Campaign - Suhiira - The Game Itself

  • Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Votes: 1 25.0%

  • Total voters
    4

Soldowner

Junior Member
Setsuna sees Neko and smiles brightly. "Yoroshikudesu~! (Yo!)" At her offer, Setsuna nods, grateful for any assistance she could give. "Yes, please! I brought all of Hyakki Yako with me...and that meant bringing all of this too. Help moving it would be greatly appreciated!"
 

Durzo_Steelfin

Junior Member
Rodik wakes up in his spartan room to the buzzing of his alarm a couple hours before the determined arrival time so he can run through his morning kata and leg maintenance and eat a few scraps of food. Packing his helmet and his goggles into his backpack, and placing his Smart Militech 45 SMG into its holster between his left breast and his jacket, he heads out to the nearest NCART Station so he can get to his destination in a timely manner. He'd typically prefer to run the distance if it was closer, but running that far would be neither quick nor safe given the neighborhood.
 

GinWashi

Junior Member
Neko picks up a piece of equipment, "Hurry up we need to catch the next A-line south bound train if we are to meet Grmlin at the West Beach station at 10:00."
 

Syssiah

Junior Member
Ornated with the locked collar around her neck, Maxine helps out with the rockergirl equipment aswell, after greeting the band. She winks at Neko and chuckles slightly when she feels her gaze passing on her neck.
 

kabukiman1973

Tourist
Hernando has completely forgot the two girls: his deck has been improved and now is much faster. He makes a quick run at home just to test it and he is stunned. He visit several sites (only legal places) and he is satisfied. Then he decides to make a real run.
As soon as he open the door, he ears the screaming of his neighbors, the smell if dirt, ; it doesn0t matter, he knows that in one or 2 years he will be leaving this place. At least he isn't living in a room with other people like one year ago!

OOC: So, where can Hernando can make the run safe and cheap?
 

Suhiira

Max-Tac
kabukiman1973;n10828381 said:
OOC: So, where can Hernando can make the run safe and cheap?
No such thing as a "safe" run, safer yes.
Hernando can jack into any public (and most private) DataTerms. The real point is to NOT do it someplace you live or frequently visit because if you blow it you'll be traced and a team will be dispatched. So just pick any DataTerm that's not in a busy area and do your thing.

Give me a Library Search roll if you just want public records.
If you want to go deeper and maybe find out who really owns the place that's a bit trickier.
For that you'll need System Knowledge, Library Search, and Education rolls.

Remember you can use your entire Luck Pool once per "activity".

For everyone's general information an "activity" is a single netrun, firefight, seduction attempt, etc. So if you get into three separate firefights you can use your luck pool in each, but a running battle is a still a single firefight. Of course at the beginning you won't know if the situation is gonna be quick and dirty so you could use all your luck at once and (attempt to) insure success; but if it turns out it's a protracted situation and you used all your luck at the start ... well ... you're just SOL aren't you.
 

kabukiman1973

Tourist
Hernando wakes up early in the morning and goes to a data term far from his house. He decides first to make a quick run from public records.
Int (7)+Interface(7)+library search (3)+1d10(5)=22
After he decides to to the real stuff and try to use less legal methods...


Int(7)+Interface (7)+system know(3)+1d10(6)=23
Int (7)+Interface(7)+library search (3)+1d10(9)=26
Int(7)+Interface (7)+ education (2) +1d10(7)=23

https://rolz.org/dr?room=cyberpunk


 

Suhiira

Max-Tac
kabukiman1973;n10832451 said:
Hernando wakes up early in the morning and goes to a data term far from his house. He decides first to make a quick run from public records.
Int (7)+Interface(7)+library search (3)+1d10(5)=22

After he decides to to the real stuff and try to use less legal methods...
Int(7)+Interface (7)+system know(3)+1d10(6)=23
Int (7)+Interface(7)+library search (3)+1d10(9)=26
Int(7)+Interface (7)+ education (2) +1d10(7)=23
Public records indicate the business is privately owned by "Thaddeus Bell".

Digging deeper it appears "Mr Bell" while a real person, doesn't actually "own and operate" the business. He's apparently a salaried individual who operates as an "owner of record" (a legal term for someone who's name appears on the paperwork but doesn't actually control a business). Hernando was unable to determine who actually "owns" the business but it appears to be linked to either the underworld OR a corp (there's a difference?).

While this may sound ominous it's actually not uncommon in Night City. Anything that has the potential to generate significant profits has someone's hand in the cookie jar. So unless you accidentally stumble across a top secret cover operation the real owner isn't going to draw attention to themselves by something stupid like sending a hit team after a few low-life burglars.
 

kabukiman1973

Tourist
Hernando leaves the place very nervous. He couldn't discover who was the real owner. Maybe the mob? Or maybe even worst some top corp? On the other hand he was also exited: he was now playing in the big league, no doubt...
After a quick breakfast, he decide to meet the gang.
 

GinWashi

Junior Member
Neko leans back in against Max her tail snaking up between Max’s breasts before traceing the collar before the tip of the tail lightly flicks the tag attached to the collar. In a hushed voice Neko says, “
I will need to get a leash to take you for a walk in the gardens in East park. I hear it is safe beacause of a locall . . . Guardian gang. “
 

Syssiah

Junior Member
Maxine laughed at Neko's perverted sense of humour, and looked around, placing the pieces of equipment for Setsuna's band onto the ground. She wanted to be sure there was no ambush or danger closeby.
"If you do leash me like that, in a park, I can't garantee it will be safe for either of us, hun"
 

Suhiira

Max-Tac
Gremlin arrives carrying a couple bags in addition to the gear he wears, takes a look at Setsuna's baggage and just shrugs as his hands are already full.
"If you have a built-in frequency hopping encrypted radio I'll set it to work with the ones I brought for the folks that don't have one."
With that he opens one bag and starts passing out radio headsets to those that need one.

He takes a look at Neko's ears ... "You're gonna be a problem."
 
Last edited:

Suhiira

Max-Tac
GinWashi;n10843461 said:
Neko takes a radio headset and examines it.
I have no doubt Neko has run into this problem before since her ears are more on top of, rather then on the sides of, her head. It's a bit awkward, and uncomfortable, but she knows how to make it work.

Durzo_Steelfin;n10844571 said:
*OOC: Has Rodik arrived at this point?
Just arriving now, apparently you were in a different subway car then Gremlin and you two didn't see each other.
 
Last edited:

Syssiah

Junior Member
Maxine adjusts her own radioset on her ears, and tip taps o it to be sure the audio is good enough.
"Beauty to lil green imp, do you copy Grem's ?" she mutters for a test.
 

Suhiira

Max-Tac
Syssiah;n10844651 said:
Maxine adjusts her own radioset on her ears, and tip taps o it to be sure the audio is good enough.
"Beauty to lil green imp, do you copy Grem's ?" she mutters for a test.
"Copy, might I request proper radio procedure? Save the horsing around for face-to-face."

Max notices Gremlin isn't wearing a headset ... built-in radio?
 

Syssiah

Junior Member
Winking at Gremlin, Maxine just comments.
"Request all you like, but I'm pretty sure neither our rocker nor Neko know what procedure you are talking about. Now, were are Rod and Hernie ?"
 

Soldowner

Junior Member
Setsuna pouts at Maxine. "Yeah, I do! I heard it all the time back home!" It was an interesting life, being in his family. Though, he'd never actually needed any kind of radio. "Nē nē, we get callsigns, right? Then you can call me Hime~" He jokes cheerfully.