PBEM Campaign - Suhiira - The Game Itself

+

PBEM Campaign - Suhiira - The Game Itself

• Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
(( FYI @Durzo_Steelfin , no need to activate your speedware early UNLESS you want to insure you have first action. You can wait till you "need" it then activate it and still get the initiative benefit. It has limited charges, so maybe use them when you KNOW you need them. ))

*OOC: Ah, I must have misunderstood. I knew that Adrenal Boosters had a limited number of uses in a day, and could be activated instantly, but not Speedware. Talon typically uses Speedware proactively when he expects he may be walking into a situation because its listed as kicking in a "full turn" after the subvocalization command is given, and then lasts for 5 turns. Unlike Adrenal boosters though it isn't listed as having a set number of uses, simply that after it wears off, you have to wait 2 turns before you use it again. Is that not correct? He also has Adrenal Boosters, but specifically saves those for when he knows he needs them because they are limited.

"Alright. Follow me."

https://rolz.org/dr?room=cyberpunk
Stealth 7+3+8 (INT+Stealth+Roll) = 18 (wow, 3 8's in a row. Nice)

*OOC: Ah, I must have misunderstood. I knew that Adrenal Boosters had a limited number of uses in a day, and could be activated instantly, but not Speedware. Talon typically uses Speedware proactively when he expects he may be walking into a situation because its listed as kicking in a "full turn" after the subvocalization command is given, and then lasts for 5 turns. Unlike Adrenal boosters though it isn't listed as having a set number of uses, simply that after it wears off, you have to wait 2 turns before you use it again. Is that not correct? He also has Adrenal Boosters, but specifically saves those for when he knows he needs them because they are limited.
(( I missed/forgot that Talon had BOTH Adrenal Boosters and Speedware, I was thinking Boosters only. As to the "full turn", yes that's what the book says, but the nervous system doesn't require time to 'warm up'. So as I said earlier, kick it in early you benefit from automatic first initiative [unless the opposition has it as well] or at need and still get the initiative bonus. ))

(( Waiting on Shed. ))

(( I missed/forgot that Talon had BOTH Adrenal Boosters and Speedware, I was thinking Boosters only. As to the "full turn", yes that's what the book says, but the nervous system doesn't require time to 'warm up'. So as I said earlier, kick it in early you benefit from automatic first initiative [unless the opposition has it as well] or at need and still get the initiative bonus. ))
*OOC: Got it. I'll keep that in mind.

The three of you hug the walls and make your way around the edge of the loading dock. There are occasional objects you can hide near/behind but for the most part the dice shooters aren't paying attention to anything but their game.

During your trek you count six of them, four look like your typical street punk; nothing special. One looks like he's (you assume it's a he) undergoing, or partially underwent and ran out of money, a transformation to you'd guess a "wolfman". The last is fairly cybered and has a nice looking assault rifle near to hand.

The first door you reach probably leads to more service tunnels. Further along you can see a freight elevator. Assuming it's functional it should take you to any floor in the building. Problem is there's no way to activate it without being noticed. Next there's a glass fronted "office" and a door probably leading to it, then another probable service tunnel door at the far side of the room. And, of course, the large loading dock door leading to the street, but no pedestrian access door you can see. (( Basically one door on each wall plus the "office" and the exterior wall is the loading dock door. ))

(( P.S. You can speak to each other quietly without being overheard to decide how you want to proceed.)

Making a personal note that the cybered man with the fancy assault rifle should be his primary focus should things go south, Talon speaks quietly to Jerome and Hernando.

"So where do we go from here? The elevator clearly won't work - too much noise. But the two service tunnels could potentially have a stair access. Hard to know for certain. I doubt the office has what we are looking for, but it could contain useful info on the storerooms location, building layout, or security access for Hernando if we're lucky."

"I'm starting to think it would be easier to kidnap someone, asking the local directions and be done with it. But that would be too risky, so any door is as good as any other. Maybe the service tunnel door?- says Hernando loosing his patience."

jerome is a bit fidgety and keeps stealing looks at the dice group, he says "we look office maybe find something but is risky, after office tunnels?"

After a short phrase, "Tunnel it is then," Talon moves over to the closer tunnel entrance back into the halls, hoping to be able to find the stairs.Upon reaching the entrance, Talon takes a moment to look back at the game players before slowly opening the hall door and stepping through with the team.

Back in the relative safety of the service tunnels the team all breathes a sigh of relief as they survey the boring industrial "landscape". One bright spot immediately appears however. The very first door they come across is clearly labeled "Stairs". This stairway is next to what should be the back wall of the freight elevator so should go any, and every, where the elevator does.

"And there it is. Lets get upstairs.", Talon begins to walk up to the door hand outstretched for the handle but thinks better of it. Some lingering thought biting at the back of his mind, he hadn't survived as long as he had by being reckless. He takes a moment and checks the door to see if he can find any alarms.

Electronics Security: 4+2+7 (INT+ Elec. Sec. + Roll) = 13

seeing talon hesitating at the door jerome will give it a quick look before talon has a chance to open it being abit more cautious especially now wont hurt ((what to roll?))
he'll also continue looking for spots to set up a distraction at((what to roll?))
((should we check in with gremlin periodically to keep him updated and to also know how are things on his side?))

(( QUICK look is all you have time for unless Shed is going to stop Talon from opening it. Feel free to roll but you're gonna need one hell of a good roll. ))

(( If Gremlin sees anything he thinks you need to know he'll call. "Good" comm passes only what's needed, when it's relevant; far to many people treat comm like the Sunday Ladies Sewing Circle. The longer and more often you broadcast the greater the chances it'll be intercepted. I shudder to think what current NCOs must go thru trying to teach the text/voice message generation comm discipline. ))

Last edited:
(( Pushing Talon aside to open the door before he can? ))

(( P.S. Hernando didn't spot anything. ))

Top Bottom