PBEM Campaign - Suhiira - The Game Itself

+

PBEM Campaign - Suhiira - The Game Itself

• Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
jerome follows and contemplates if one of the thermite charges he has will be able to breach the floor/ceiling of the spot
not mentioning it to the others until he is sure it will be appropriate for their situation...
((will a thermite charge be able to do the job with as little noise as possible? or we going to have a BIG BOOM?))

And to no one's real surprise just around the corner you find a utility room. Unlike those you've seen so far this one is secured by an electronic, vice mechanical, lock (thus you need Elct Sec to open it not lock pick).

(( Thermite is relatively quiet. Just LOTS of flames, sparks, and smoke. ))

jerome will approach the door and scan it for the usual stuff ((what am i rolling for?))
((i guess that the thermite wont do much to help us get into the room below us right?))

(( Awareness and/or Elect Security, or if you have neither just INT. You might be able to burn a hole in the floor [or at least weaken the concrete so you can dig thru it]. But there may be some sort of ventilation or machinery access you could use. ))

jerome starts scanning the door ((int(8)+aware(1)+elecsec(4)+1d10(7)=20 https://rolz.org/dr?room=cyberpunk )),
and mentions to talon & hernando that they might use one of the thermite charges on the floor/ceiling to try and get down if there wont be another option.
((IF jerome doesnt find anything aside from the electronic-vice mechanical-lock what am i rolling to bypass it?))

"Sounds like a plan, Shed. I'll keep an eye open for visitors - I'm no good with electric locks."

*OOC: Talon has a basic knowledge of standard locks, but electronic security is outside his wheelhouse.

Shed finds no indication of alarms on the door. This door has a mechanical lock.

(( I want to stress using thermite is not silent. And vast amounts of smoke will be generated. ))

having found nothing more then the mech-lock jerome sets up to remove it((what am i rolling to open it?))
jerome will also convey to the group what su said in his own words, and will stress that it should be done as a last resort since it will surely raise alarm to everyone around and expose their presence.

Talon continues to watch the halls while he responds to shed. "Well that simplifies things at least. You two able to open it up?"

(( Let's see if our new player is watching the thread.))

Tho Gremlin can't see what's going on with the team he can, and does, monitor the coms. Having heard what he has he make a couple phone calls.

"Common Jam, pick up."

((sorry for late response boss was on vac and had to take some of the work load))
jerome glances at talon and says "we see..." ((tech(7[8]) + picklock(3)+ 1d10(10) + 1d10(2) = 22(23) whew... a 10 and then a 2 talk about dice gods being fickle... https://rolz.org/dr?room=cyberpunk )) as he starts carefully jigging the pick in the lock hoping he doesnt break either...

The lock easily opens under his "expert" touch.

(( It's actually a pretty good lock, I'm a bit surprised you opened it. ))

jerome fiddles with the lock and when he hears the click of the lock opening he gives a satisfied "mmhmm" with a side glance at the others making sure the door doesn't accidentally open, and invites them to come in as if it was his own home, he takes the side of the door hand near holster and waits for the others at the ready, trying to hear noise/s from beyond the door they are going to go in to.
((i'm assuming that there aren't any holes in the door one might be able to look through?))

(( Nope, blank door with a lock and pull handle [no doorknob] on the outside. The door label reads "Utility". ))

Grinning at the sound of the lock clicking, Talon steps up to take point. "Nice pick. Lets see whats inside."

Taking a final look around outside, Talon takes the handle and opens the door.

And to no one's surprise it's ... a utility room!

Mops, buckets, deep sink, various cleaners and even an AutoVacc TM parked in a recharging station in the corner.

Oh ... and a "Pin Up" calendar on the wall.

Smirking at a terrible joke, Talon steps inside, "Alright, everyone into the closet." Talon starts to examine the interior of the closet for surveillance devices while he waits for the others to enter and shut the door.

Top Bottom