PBEM Campaign - Suhiira - The Game Itself

+

PBEM Campaign - Suhiira - The Game Itself

• Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The swordsman tosses a shuriken (ninja thowing star) at Hernando, and while it doesn't hit it startles Hernando causeing him to dive for the floor, ruining any potential shot he may have taken. He's starting to back off, keeping a wary eye on Talon, when a shot from Shed catches him square in the chest! His look of surprise might be comical under other circumstances. He vaguely waves his sword in Shed's general direction then collapses like a puppet who's strings have been cut. At a glance Talon is pretty sure that without some quick first aid he's going to bleed out.

(( If anyone wants to save the guys life make a [TECH+First Aid+1d10] roll. ))

(( In case anyone was curious, the Salt Lake City earthquake knocked out power and internet most of yesterday and I had a floor-to-ceiling bookcase collapse so now I have a HUGE pile of books on the floor and no place to put them till I replace it. ))

Last edited:
The swordsman tosses a shuriken (ninja thowing star) at Hernando, and while it doesn't hit it startles Hernando causeing him to dive for the floor, ruining any potential shot he may have taken. He's starting to back off, keeping a wary eye on Talon, when a shot from Shed catches him square in the chest! His look of surprise might be comical under other circumstances. He vaguely waves his sword in Shed's general direction then collapses like a puppet who's strings have been cut. At a glance Talon is pretty sure that without some quick first aid he's going to bleed out.

(( If anyone wants to save the guys life make a [TECH+First Aid+1d10] roll. ))

(( In case anyone was curious, the Salt Lake City earthquake knocked out power and internet most of yesterday and I had a floor-to-ceiling bookcase collapse so now I have a HUGE pile of books on the floor and no place to put them till I replace it. ))

*OOC: Shit, sorry to hear that. Hope you're alright, otherwise.

As much as Talon wanted to avoid killing anyone this go round, he can appreciate the beautiful shot from Shed, and likely would have fired his own gun if the swordsman had insisted on continuing the fight. At this point though, Talon has no skill at healing the injured and no time left to do it, even if he did.

"Good shot, Shed. Lets keep going. Quickly." Talon begins to start back along their way to the utility stairs (assuming the other 2 follow) hoping to get at least that far before his adrenal booster gives out.

(( Assuming Shed doesn't care to save the life of the guy he just shot ... ))

The gunfire (gunman #1's weapon was not silenced) certainly got everyone's attention! As the team makes it's way toward the utility stairs/elevator they hear shouts and running feet echo thru the halls, and occasionally cross paths with a civilian who takes one look and runs in the opposite direction. No one they've run into, so far, seems interested in trying to stop them.

They finally make their way to the stairs, and remember that on the ground floor (loading dock) there was a crap game going on. Now what?

(( As I said, I'm fine, the only "casualty" was my poor, overloaded, bookcase. ))

Talon speaks up, opening the utility stairway door as he does so (assuming the tape is still in place).

"So my first plan was to get us to the second floor so we could bust a window and I could jump us down from there, but i'm expecting a pretty hard crash soon off my boosters.It may not be possible for me to do so unless we take a break in one of the exterior facing rooms."

(( Actually Talon's booster wore off on the way to the stairs. He's still mobile, and able to function. But has a UNIVERSAL -2 penalty to every roll he'll need to make. He's dragging, mentally and physically, till he gets a good 24 hours of R&R. In an emergency he could trigger his booster again [with normal benefits and negating the penalty} and gain another -2 penalty [cumlative] and need 48 hours R&R. ))

Gremlins voice comes over the com: "Whatever ya do ya best do it quick, few more minutes they're gonna git their asses organized an' ya'll be totally screwed. Before ya break whatever window ya plan ta come outta let me know, I'll create a distraction."

Last edited:
((good to know everything's kay with you. be careful with all the craziness thats going on now - goes to everyone))
no shed did it so they can move quickly cause the other gunfire wasn't suppressed (you didnt mention it was suppressed so a bullet solves alot of problems fast.)

shed tells talon: "we have the ropes we used, we'll make do and try to take care of you as best we can, lets just high tail it."

after hearing what gremlin said he looks at talon & hernando "i for one dont want to get more breathing holes in me, lets get the eff out."

shed tells talon: "we have the ropes we used, we'll make do and try to take care of you as best we can, lets just high tail it."

after hearing what gremlin said he looks at talon & hernando "i for one dont want to get more breathing holes in me, lets get the eff out."

"Right."

Talon heads down the stairs towards the second story, waiting for the rest of the crew to catch up before opening the door.

As Talon leads the way down the stairs he hears what sounds like a small group of civilians ahead (further down the stairs).

shed stays close but far enough so talon has enough space to do his thing.
((su , if shed semi-cut the ropes we have, how many good tugs/weight applied would it take to snap them?))

Talon continues down the flight to the second story watching to make sure that if he does see the other stair dwellers that they do indeed appear to be civilians. Once at the second floor, he'll open the door and take a left (which I believe would put him going NW).

(( Why cut them? They're long, and strong enough to easily reach street level from a second story window, in fact you could probably just crawl out the window and hang by your fingers and drop to the ground. ))

Talon stops at the last corner before the 2nd story utility staircase room as there is small, but steady, stream of civilians entering the stairs from the 2nd story and descending to the loading dock. If the team exposes itself they WILL be spotted, and if the gangers that were shooting craps are still in the loading dock they'll be here in seconds.

(( Pity you didn't save one of the thermite grenades, it would do an excellent job of blocking the stairs to the ground level for a minute or so. ))

*OOC: Came to check the thread and realized the last thing I posted apparently wasn't actually posted.

Have there been any identifying features on the Yaks we've seen so far that indicate they are Yaks? Same color bandanna, arm band, visible tattoos, etc...?

(( Not really, only the fact that they were armed and aggressive. One can assume all the ones that live in this building know each other, at least by sight. ))

Talon stops at the last corner before the 2nd story landing and holds a hand up to silently signal for Hernando and Shed to wait. Talon waits 10 seconds to see if there is an stop to the people entering from the 2nd floor so the team can go through unimpeded, but wont wait any longer than that seeing as how they likely have a tail from the 3rd floor.

The (small) tide of people ebbs and flows, sometimes one's and two's, sometimes five's or more, but never zero.
Apparently everyone was told to evacuate to the ground floor, but there's no real sense of urgency to it.

Then the team hears a shout and a few words echoing up from below, the ground floor?.
"STOP!"
"WAIT! It's my ..., ... ... I can ... ... ... !"
"STEP OUTTA LINE! OVER THERE!"
"... ... bullshit!"

Talon may not know whats happening down below, but it can't be good. Motioning for the team to follow, he begins to walk down the 2nd floor landing and tries to exit the stairway onto the 2nd floor.

He says a short message over the com. "Talon here. We're almost ready."

"Want me ta start the distraction now? Will only buy ya maybe 30 seconds."

Meanwhile Talon comes into full view of the people below, most don't pay much attention then one young girl says "That's them!" and everyone starts to scatter. I think you can assume you're spotted.

Top Bottom