PBEM Campaign - Suhiira - The Game Itself

+

PBEM Campaign - Suhiira - The Game Itself

• Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The pair of you enter the club. It's an interesting mix of 50's Americana and Korean, keeping in mind the First Korean war was 1950-1953 there's a lot of antique military equipment on display intermixed with chrome, neon, vinyl, bamboo, and almost but-not-quite Japanese decor. The music however is fairly loud and unlike many modern songs something you can actually dance to. Speaking of which most of the center of the club is a large dance floor ... but it's missing the industrial lighting and psychedelic floor you see in most clubs. Just an open area with sufficient light to see ... and be seen.

So ... bar? Food? Dancing? People watching? Trying to pick up girls/guys? Just listen to the music?

Why not a mix? Setsuna hits the dance floor to dance like nobody's watching, but he doesn't just wear that swishy mini-skirt for style. Eventually some ballsy guy is gonna want to dance with him, so he's just as ready to flirt if anybody wants to approach him.

Lots of people looking Hernando over ... he's new here and it seems much of the crowd is fairly regular. Lots of Beavers, and handful of (presumably) junior Corps in a corner, a fair number of probably Nomads in another. In the third corner we have what appears to be a bunch of 1950's Posers ... seems Fonzy is popular, and in the last probably Edgerunners. Ethnically the crowd is fairly mixed but largely Hispanic, this is San Diego after all, in spite of Trumps Wall ICE long ago lost the battle with illegals when California was the first state to declare it's independence. These days SoCal still votes on nearly everything but the laws are such a mess almost none of them are actually enforced (unless you piss off the wrong person). Chances are you're both technically violating a dozen or so right now.

Setsuna finds a fairly large crowd of TV's and cross dressers out on the dance floor dancing with each other and one Marilyn Monroe Poser seems to be trying to catch his eye. Hernando ... not so lucky, most of the people around the edges of the dance floor seem to be in groups of two to six and since he's by himself the girls don't seem inclined to abandon their friends just to flirt with "The New Guy".

Setsuna smiles, making his way over in beat with the music. "Looking my way, neh?" Setsuna's smile turns coy as he beckons with his index finger. If he's gonna have a dance partner, might as well dance close!

Hernando decides to change his strategy. He hit the floor and start dancing. Then he will see if there is any nerdy girl who seems more solitary.

Hernando asks for a cola and then stealthy gets near the girl.
"The music is amazing today, isn't it?"
OOC: Hernando has 1 point in seduction.

Not sure how "stealthy" Hernando can be in a fairly crowded well lit room but he give it his best.
As he drops his opening line the girl turns and gives him the once over. "Certainly different, what I love is some of those dance moves but I'm afraid to even try them."

Meanwhile Setsuna and "Marilyn" sort of form a couple out on the floor and while speaking is essentially impossible eye contact is made.

A wise man once said that your moves could make up for your silence. Body language is everything. A swish of the hips, a flutter of the eyelashes, a daring smile...the whole song and dance, really. Flirting's about sending a message, after all!

"Well, there is only one way to learn them, and it is to start dancing. And with all those people, nobody will be watching you. Care to join?"

Soldowner;n10446342 said:
A wise man once said that your moves could make up for your silence. Body language is everything. A swish of the hips, a flutter of the eyelashes, a daring smile...the whole song and dance, really. Flirting's about sending a message, after all!
"Marilyn" isn't the worlds greatest dancer but (s)he's certainly a pro at body language! The two of you get into an impromptu competition to see who's the "best" at flirting. (make a COOL+SEDUCTION roll).

kabukiman1973;n10462692 said:
"Well, there is only one way to learn them, and it is to start dancing. And with all those people, nobody will be watching you. Care to join?"
She smiles. "If anyone laughs I'm blaming you." With that she joins you on the dance floor. You'd say her biggest problem is she's self-conscious, if she'd just relax and go with the music she might not be half bad. Going to do or say anything to encourage her?

Last edited:
(COOL(5)+SEDUCTION(3)+1d10(9) = 17)

Setsuna may not be the best dancer himself, but he's fairly confident in himself when it comes to flirting. Like he said to Muneshige, 'who can resist a face like this'?

"Ok,so I have two propositions to you: that I dance so bad that nobody notices you OR we try to be the most discreet as possible"

Soldowner;n10467662 said:
Like he said to Muneshige, 'who can resist a face like this'?
Well "Marilyn" certainly isn't trying very hard. The two of you seem to be so intent, and skilled, in sending each other body language signals you're making other people nervous.

kabukiman1973;n10479402 said:
"Ok,so I have two propositions to you: that I dance so bad that nobody notices you OR we try to be the most discreet as possible"
"And what did you have in mind for discreet?"

Setsuna lets them look on. He's having fun right now, but he's willing to move the dance to a quieter corner. He might actually be able to talk to "Marilyn."

OOC; Hernando will try to understand if she is still talking about dancing or if this a sort of invitation to other activities...

Top Bottom