PBEM Campaign - Suhiira - The Game Itself

+

PBEM Campaign - Suhiira - The Game Itself

• Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
jerome snorts at the irony of talon's words and remarks with a bad joke "is not supposed to come out of closet, not go in?"
as he follows and start looking around for anything that could lead them to the room below.

(( Sorry, no trap doors, staircases, or ventilation shafts into the "armory" from here ... that'd be way to easy. ))

"For now, Cowboy. But, with a little applied explosives, maybe Jerome can get us into the storeroom through the floor. We should be directly over the storehouse from here, and here we don't have watchers."

shed looks at talon with raised brows as if to ask 'you sure about this?' while he starts to think about how and what to use for this little bang ((no idea how explsoive do their thing so ill defer to experience, do we even have something with enough power to get us through and if we do will we have enough left to complete the mission?, su?))

(( Depends. As a utility room the floor may be more sturdy then average as it has to bear the weight of machinery. BUT, so far you haven't seen any signs of machinery ... so ... it may be just a normal floor. If it's a normal floor you can probably just dig thru it, a LOT less noisy then explosives, but by no means silent, anyone nearby by will hear the activity [I'm sure at some point in your life you've been inside a building where another part is being renovated]. While blowing an entry is fast it also means alerting everyone in the entire building thus you'll have very little time inside to set your demolition charges much less "shop" for anything you might want to "borrow". Guess they elected to put their "secret armory" here for a reason, it's pretty hard to break into without being noticed. ))

"So, why we don't make an explosion in another place place to bring their attention and try to break this room in a more traditional manner?".

First regarding Sheds question, Talon faces him, responding with a mix of self-confidence and known ignorance in this subject, "I'm not certain, no. Explosives aren't my area of expertise, but if we were initially planning on blowing through the front door. I imagine a wall or ceiling would be just as easy if not more so. And if we do get in, and don't have time to shop, we should at least have time to blow the place with our remaining supply."

Turning to Hernando, Talon continues, "Creating a distraction certainly isn't a bad idea, but given our noted presence earlier, such an unusual disturbance may just cause these gangers to reinforce security on the storehouse."

"Once we saw the room had active watchmen I assumed we may have to crack a few heads..." Looking down at the floor Talon muses aloud.

"Depending on how strong the floor is, we may not need to blow the joint. My hardware's made for force and may be able to bust through the floor with leverage.", He says while tapping his foot on the ground, "Still probably noisy as shit, but its not a bomb."

What does the floor look like in the Utility room? Is it tiled? Laminated? Solid concrete?

shed suggests they try digging their way through ((do we even have tools for that on our persons or around?))
explaining that the explosives route this early will literally and figuratively bring the whole places on their heads and the reluctance evident in his voice about going this route while quieter alternative/s still exist

"Ok, so we open the floor, descent as quick as possible with a rope, block the door so nobody can enter, grab what we can and return to this room; by that time, they should be able to break the door and enter the armory but with some luck, we have the advantage of being one floor of distance and running away. Then what? We go up? Cause I insist to leave this place alive"

(( Nope, you don't have "proper" tools with you. You can probably find some somewhere in the building if you can find a "maintenance" room. Maybe down in the loading dock where the crap game was? Life is never easy, is it? ))

((i didnt know we were also getting a free merry-go-round ride :sneaky: ))
shed pats hernando on the shoulder "agreed." then grunts and asks "we go look tools for this?" gesturing at the floor

((Before Talon mentions it, I want to check if this is completely illogical. Talon Wears retractable spikes on his boots for the purposed of climbing up treacherous surfaces. A side benefit is that when extended they give his already formidable kicks a some (1d6+2) AP damage. I imagine tearing up the linoleum wouldn't be too terribly difficult at that point since his legs are spec'd for strength, but assuming a normal floor, would it be conceivable to break through the floor? I know it would be very loud if it was possible.))

(( Unless I'm looking at the wrong version of Talons' character sheet I see: SovWear Cyberlegs x2, Thickened Myomar Strands (legs), Standard Foot x2, Ruf Tread Boots, and Everest Ventureware Climbing Spikes.
[[ I find "Climbing Spikes" in the gear/equipment PDF, but no "Everest Ventureware Climbing Spikes" ]]

Since these are apparently a "strap on" item for Talon's boots, while Talon's cyber legs + myomar are certainly capable of smashing thru a "typical" concrete floor the spikes aren't built into the feet, so he'd probably only get one our two uses out of them before they stick in the floor and the straps break [[ you'll presmedly be driving them as deep as you can the break the floor rather then merely as needed to support your body weight to climb ]]. That should be enough to weaken the floor and get started however.

As to the noise ... ever hear anyone slam a sledgehammer into a concrete slab? Plus you're indoors so the sound will echo down the halls. ))

Last edited:
((Yeah, I never expected it to be quiet. Also assumed that the process of using them this way would likely ruin them, but glad to get the confirmation.))

Talon wants to get a better look at just what kind of floor they are dealing with but realizes that even if the laminate could be torn up quietly, the application of force to get through a normal or reinforced floor would both be too loud with his legs.

Answering Hernando on how the group would escape, Talon shares his idea, "My planned point of exit from here has been the second floor windows. We saw many empty storefronts with exterior windows on that floor and I'm confident that we could pretty easily break out of those windows and make our way to the ground from there. I taped open the stairwell exit to utility halls on that floor, so assuming we can make it back to this floor through the ceiling, making for those back rooms should be safe. Definitely more so than climbing up until we are cornered."

"As for entrance, I don't know what we could find in this building outside of jackhammer that might let us peck our way down into the floor. Like I said, blowing open the floor and trying to get in quickly rather than quietly may be the best route, and with someone keeping an eye on the storerooms front door, we may be able to stall them getting inside long enough to get what we need."

(( Getting the tiles off the floor should be fairly easy and quiet. The "problem" is the concrete beneath them. ))

Top Bottom