PBEM Campaign - Suhiira - The Game Itself

+

PBEM Campaign - Suhiira - The Game Itself

• Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
(( We have, and 10 is BARELY adequate for general info, no details. ))

The area you're currently in is "Wild Things" territory tho the building itself was not. However the Wild Things being a dropher gang, aren't really much for turf wars, more individuals who might be upset (or not) by almost anything.

Near the NCART you enter "Game Boys" turf, mostly a "Yo-gang" (Youth Gang) they're not usually to hostile unless someone threatens their local game shop or arcade.

Further west (past the NCART) you encounter "Freddies", a new gang to the area engaged in an eternal border dispute with any/all nearby gangs.

Last edited:
(( We have, and 10 is BARELY adequate for general info, no details. ))

The area you're currently in is "Wild Things" territory tho the building itself was not. However the Wild Things being a dropher gang, aren't really much for turf wars, more individuals who might be upset (or not) by almost anything.

Near the NCART you enter "Game Boys" turf, mostly a "Yo-gang" (Youth Gang) they're not usually to hostile unless someone threatens their local game shop or arcade.

Further west (past the NCART) you encounter "Freddies", a new gang to the area engaged in an eternal border dispute with any/all nearby gangs.

Keeping all of that in mind, Talon speaks up to the team. "Keep making for the NCART station. I'm gonna try and buy time so you can break away. You manage to get there without a tail then you'll be good. Otherwise you'll have to gamble and keep heading west. the Freddies may be able to scare em off your trail if you can avoid trouble yourself. I'll follow once I see you're clear. Good?"

Talon starts to pull out his Smart Militech 45 and hook it up to his wrist plugs, not entirely certain he'll be able to break way even if he can delay the gang. But hey, whats a Trauma Team Account for if you don't use it from time to time.

Talon continues running a bit down the road with Shed and Hernando until he finds a suitable bit of cover to get behind, even if that cover is a car. At that point he ducks behind it, allowing Shed and Hernando to carry on as Talon raises his Militech 45 towards the pursuing gangers.

Not to far down the street Talon comes across a burnt-out "Kombat Kab" on the side of the road.
GREAT cover since it's armored, and even better because it's already burnt-out thus won't blow up in his face when it's hit.

He takes position behind it, keeping the engine block between himself and the oncoming gangers.

(( I'll just mention again that killing people tends to create significant long-term hostility with their friends/allies. Given modern medical technology getting injured is inconvient, dead is still permanent. Most gangers certainly don't have Trauma Team coverage.))

Last edited:
Not to far down the street Talon comes across a burnt-out "Kombat Kab" on the side of the road.
GREAT cover since it's armored, and even better because it's already burnt-out thus won't blow up in his face when it's hit.

He takes position behind it, keeping the engine block between himself and the oncoming gangers.

(( I'll just mention again that killing people tends to create significant long-term hostility with their friends/allies. Given modern medical technology getting injured is invonvient, dead is still permanent. Most gangers certainly don't have Trauma Team coverage.))
*OOC: I had the same thought, as did Rodik. The goal was always to try to buy time, not just open fire into the pursuers.

Once behind the Kab, Talon, braces his militech against the cab and aims down at the gangers. He fires off a 3-round burst at a solid object near them, be that an old mailbox, trash bin, or a car (as a last option) in an attempt to get them to slow down or seek cover themselves. He intentionally avoids shooting at the ground to reduce the chance of catching them with a ricochet. He doesn't care about the gang rats life, but Talon doesn't want any more heat on him than he already has.

Most of the gangers near the trash bin (that hasn't been emptied in 20 or so years) Talon stitches scramble for cover, as do some further away. But of the gaggle about half continue to advance.

One or two shots pass by Talons general vicinity, none even close enough to cause him to reflexively duck.

*OOC: to get a sense of time left, how far off are the closest gangers?

Talon holds his ground and fires off another burst or two as necessary to try and get the remaining gangers to seek cover or at least slow down. Hopefully the trash has at least some sense of self-preservation, but Talon wouldn't put it past some of them to suicide rush him.

(( 50m thereabouts ... you have 4-6 seconds. ))

Most of those Talon's next bursts hit near to take cover ... the total number still actively pursuing is down to apx. 10-13 (most melee armed).

This is probably going to get worse before it gets better. Talon checks the location of his phone in the event he needs to quickly dial trauma team. Now that, the gunmen have at least slowed down, Talon feels its up to him to delay the rest of the pursuant gangers. Keeping his gun in one hand, Talon backpedals, giving himself as much time as possible before the trash catches up.

Last edited:
(( You do realize calling TT to get your ass out of trouble is a violation of your contract? They are emergency medical support NOT police or the cavalry. ))

*OOC: No, I was unaware of that point, or rather, Talon assumes he is very likely to be in serious medical problems. I'll amend/edit my previous post's actions. I may not know the ins and outs of the contract, but Rodik certainly would and isn't interesting in voiding it.

(( That's why personally I always opt for the "Dead Man" chip when I buy TT coverage. Remember the 1st trailer? The woman in the tub had hers disabled by that chip 'V' removed. But once it was removed TT was on the way. Also, their monthly fee ONLY covers the ability to call them, the transport and medical costs are added, and expensive. ))

Breaking his cover Talon starts to backpedal but the gangers seem to be REALLY upset at him (for some reason) and don't give him much time. A couple bursts discourage a few of them but many of those that had earlier sought cover have rejoined the chase.

It's looking like TT will get their chance to earn a nice juicy fee.

Shed? Hernando?

Last edited:
Also, their monthly fee ONLY covers the ability to call them, the transport and medical costs are added, and expensive. ))
*OOC: Now that much I did know. It was a cost Rodik was willing to eat if it meant completing the mission, under the hope that what Shed and Hernando recovered would result in an adequate payday. though Rodik still doesn't know the details of what they collected.

(( Basically:
A) Head for the NCART and hope there's a train
B) Head for the NCART and hope there's a Kombat Kab at the taxi stand
C) Pick a street and run down it hoping to out distance the pursuit
D) Find someplace to hide and hope they don't find you ))

Meanwhile Talon is maintaining his slight lead on his pursuit. Primarily by firing a short burst at anyone that gets to close. BUT there are bullets whizzing past him on occasion, sooner or later one is going to hit. He certainly doesn't have enough of a lead to lose his pursuit.

Just then his com comes to life.
"Left at the next corner, run about 50m and duck behind the closest solid cover. After the explosion run like hell!"

Top Bottom