[PC 1.05] Almost all my weapon tooltips are gone. I cannot see stats or info on weapons.

+
Nearly game-breaking as I cannot tell what the hell I have and how it compares to what I just got.

I don't remember this happening before 1.05. Hover mouse over weapon, nothing happens. Sometimes when I first try it, the tooltip/info panel appears but is flickering back and forth between two places on the screen at super high speed. Mostly, tho, they're just broken. I've tried saving, reloading, going back a few saves, swapping weapons around, crafting new ones, buying them, looting everyone that looks at me funny - no dice. Broken.

This should be a priority. Unless I'm the only one experiencing it, in which case I'm deeply confused.

You're not the only one experiencing it. I am having the same issue.
You can look at weapon stats in the upgrade menu, if needed
That's been my partial workaround, but IIRC it didn't show all weapon info when I was looking at it.

Oh well. If they announce a holiday break before 1.06 / this is fixed, imma flip tables.

I have the same problem.
When the tooltip gets to long it is no longer shown. I have to remove the silencer to see the tooltip again.

This issue has existed since release. But it is not a bug that I think would be a priority.

I get stuff randomly disappearing and buttons not working (PC). A save and reload usually fixes them. Not a solution, but hopefully a workaround for some people experiencing stuff like this.

I've just got this game yesterday and almost every weapon display besides shotguns do this. I cannot see any stats for anything, from the common pistol to the uncommon rifle doesn't matter. even the bio grenade does this. it makes the game almost unplayable since the only way to view stats is the weapon comparison, I cannot do that with grenades or weapons in shops. I'm going to try reinstalling on steam.

I have this on PC (GOG) 1.06 as well. Seems to mostly happen when I select an Iconic weapon to compare items with. If I go back and select a Normal (even Rare, just not Iconic) weapon, I can then see the comparison details. Usually. ;)

CDPR, we've had one minor, one major, and two hotfix patches since this post. Still broken. No workarounds are working, I can't tell what gear I have. It's ridiculous.... can you at least tell us you're aware and working on it? How does this even get into release let alone 2 months later?

I have had this same major bug since I started playing. At first I could not mouse over any weapons in my inventory but I could "click" on them and then change screens to my equipped and could compare them. Then it stopped allowing me to mouse over STORE inventory. Today, not only can I not mouse-over but I also can't equip as every item I try to compare or equip I get "ACTION BLOCKED" message=(

It is very cumbersome and only my love for this game has kept me putting up with it since this means that I have to try equipping EVERY weapon I receive for a small chance I will be able to see it stats. If I am at a store I have to buy the weapon and equip it for a chance to see it stats. Twice I have tried their "repair" function but it has had no effect.

BUT today's new bug morph IS in fact game-breaking. Does any one know of a work-around or fix? I am on PC.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Today, not only can I not mouse-over but I also can't equip as every item I try to compare or equip I get "ACTION BLOCKED" message=(
You are probably currently in your flat or in some other non-weapon zone.
I see the same denied message (on PS4) when I swap out weapons from my storage room and try to equip them.
Deconstructing works, upgrading or swapping weapons slots (which is when the comparision is displayed) works not.
Outside in the street everything works fine.

You are probably currently in your flat or in some other non-weapon zone.
I see the same denied message (on PS4) when I swap out weapons from my storage room and try to equip them.
Deconstructing works, upgrading or swapping weapons slots (which is when the comparision is displayed) works not.
Outside in the street everything works fine.

Thank you for the reply, I wish that were true but I was in the world and not in combat. I finally went back several saves and found one before the corruption. Now I just have my "normal" state of play whereby I can't get stats on any ranged weapons at vendors or in my inventory. I've read folks theorizing that it is due to the lengthy descriptions on these weapons which might be true as I can usually see melee weapons on mouse-over.

i had this issue when i had yuri's liberty equipped, it's stats bugged out, and when i tried to compare weapon stats i'd get this. could something similar be what's happening here?

The lengthy descriptions - that others had suggested could be causing the problem - seem to have been my problem.

I switched up my resolutions and found one that allows even the very long descriptions to be seen and I'm happy to say that (so far) I can now mouse-over items in my inventory! And in shops! Vendoring and deconning is so much faster now.

Top Bottom