[PC] A visible cursor in the middle of the screen in game

+
A visible cursor in the middle of the screen in game

Does anyone know how to remove the cursor?

So far I have done a few things on my own, but it didnt work.

-I upgraded GPU drivers

-Reinstalled the game

-unplug computer peripherals

-changed resolutions

Any help would be much appreciated.

My current set up is AMD Ryzen 7 3700X / RTX3060TI / 16G RAM

Attachments

• 2021-09-11 00_52_00-Cyberpunk 2077 (C) 2020 by CD Projekt RED.png
    2021-09-11 00_52_00-Cyberpunk 2077 (C) 2020 by CD Projekt RED.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 1,066

DC9V

Forum veteran
a) Which windows?
b) Which game client (GOG or Steam)?
c) In-game settings: full screen mode enabled?

-I̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶e̶n̶a̶b̶l̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶p̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶a̶v̶o̶i̶d̶ ̶m̶o̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶s̶i̶c̶k̶n̶e̶s̶s̶.̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶g̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶s̶e̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶s̶/̶i̶n̶t̶e̶r̶f̶a̶c̶e̶/̶C̶e̶n̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶s̶c̶r̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶d̶o̶t̶ ̶o̶v̶e̶r̶l̶a̶y̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶s̶.̶ ̶I̶f̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶b̶u̶g̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶r̶e̶p̶o̶r̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶e̶

EDIT : Ok I misunderstood. I thought it's that blue dot you were talking about. Sadly I don't know the fix to this problem but The game tries to hide the windows curser whenever you launch the game (That's why the screen goes black for a second as soon as you see the REDengine or CD projekt RED logos) You can report it in here.
Also try disabling any overlay that is running.

Last edited:
i am on windows 10/steam/ and i tested window mode, borderless window, full screen
i attempted enable/ disable C̶e̶n̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶s̶c̶r̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶d̶o̶t̶ ̶o̶v̶e̶r̶l̶a̶y̶
i also attempted over -HardwareCursor

one thing that i notice if i hit window key or alt tab i can control that cursor and move it away. but as soon as i am back in game the cursor resume to the middle position again. I can play the game with the in game mouse but there just no way to get rid of the little white cursor

Very weird bug :(
A question that I ask to myself and who wouldn't solve your problem, but it's your "usual" mouse cursor (the one who appearing everywhere) ?
If you modifying it in the setting (for try, simply change the color like in red), it also change this one ?

I don't really know if you already try that, if not (could be good to try) :
- On the cyberpunk.exe
- open right-click properties menu
- go to "Compatibility" tab
- Click to make a check mark for "DISABLE FULLSCREEN OPTIMIZATION"

Last edited:
so i tested by changing the mouse color. so looks like the cursor in game also changed the color.
i also tested with DISABLE FULLSCREEN OPTIMIZATION.

the mouse is still there

it's just fixed itself in the middle and unable to move it (it shakes but not moving)
as you can see on my screenshot. the game is giving me that Cyberpunk mouse and that's the one i can use in game and move freely in game

Attachments

• 2021-09-11 18_37_30-Cyberpunk 2077 (C) 2020 by CD Projekt RED.png
    2021-09-11 18_37_30-Cyberpunk 2077 (C) 2020 by CD Projekt RED.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 398
Very strange indeed :(
To avoid any overlay problem, is it the same when launching the game directly with the .exe ?
(And it's "only" on Cyberpunk ?)

i went on cyberpunk .exe @ Games\steamapps\common\Cyberpunk 2077\bin\x64 launched over there.
this only occurs on cyberpunk.
i also disabled steam overlay and uninstalled geforce experenece for its overlay, no changes at all

Anway thanks for the help

I am just gona change my mouse pointer to a dot when i play this game. so i wont even bother with it anymore

Attachments

• 2021-09-11 22_28_49-Mouse Properties.png
    2021-09-11 22_28_49-Mouse Properties.png
    13.5 KB · Views: 323

DC9V

Forum veteran
Hm... It might be caused by USB devices or its drivers, e.g. trackpads. If that's not the case, you could try to disable Full Screen Optimizations entirely. Make sure to backup the Registry keys, or create a System Restore Point.
  1. Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run utility.
  2. Type regedit and press Enter to open the Registry Editor.
  3. Navigate to the following registry key:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\GameConfigStore
  4. On the right panel, right-click on the empty white area and select New >> DWORD (32-bit) Value. This will create a new DWORD.
  5. Name the new DWORD GameDVR_DSEBehavior and double-click on it.
  6. Set 2 as the value to disable Fullscreen Optimization. Click on OK to save the changes.
    If you want to enable Fullscreen Optimization again, then simply change the value to 0 from 2.
  7. Finally, close the Registry Editor and restart the computer.
disable_fullscreen_optimization_from_registry

After the computer starts, Fullscreen Optimization should be disabled.

I am just gona change my mouse pointer to a dot when i play this game. so i wont even bother with it anymore
Yep, not the best, but easy "fix" :)
Anyway, you can report it to CDPR Support if it's not already done (With as much detail as possible and everything that has already been tried).
At worst they will be aware about this problem.
At best they already know how to solve it (I would be really surprised if among the millions of gamers who have played Cyberpunk on PC you were the only one to have encountered this problem)

Maybe Discord Overlay is causing the problem. Do you use it ? If yes disable that, it might fix it. I've seen some people with the same problem with other games like SWTOR. Their problems were caused by Discord overlay.

I have the same bug. Windows mouse pointer stuck in the middle of the screen, no matter what I do. All overlays disabled (my game is on GOG), Alt-Tab does not help.

I also have the exact same problem described here. I tried everything that was proposed, with no success. Did anyone manage to solve it ?

What's weird is that it didn't occur when I played the game initially, one year ago, I only started having this problem when trying to run the game again a few years ago, around september or october. I don't know it comes from one of the game patches or from some Windows or NVIDIA update.

Many people were complaining that the game was broken on release, for me it's the opposite : it was perfectly playable initially, but now it's broken !

I also have the exact same problem described here. I tried everything that was proposed, with no success. Did anyone manage to solve it ?

What's weird is that it didn't occur when I played the game initially, one year ago, I only started having this problem when trying to run the game again a few years ago, around september or october. I don't know it comes from one of the game patches or from some Windows or NVIDIA update.

Many people were complaining that the game was broken on release, for me it's the opposite : it was perfectly playable initially, but now it's broken !
Maybe you can try a "clean reinstallation" of yours drivers (if you simply updated them since last you played the game).
Explained here and if it doesn't work, you can send a ticket to the Support (Contact Us button). If there is a solution, they probably know it.
And if you manage to fix your problem, it could be a good idea to share the "solution" here (as you can see, if someone have managed fix it, he didn't post the "solution" on forum).

"[PC] A VISIBLE CURSOR IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SCREEN IN GAME"

To clarify, is everyone talking about the fully intended aim-dot that can be toggled On/Off in Settings?

To clarify, is everyone talking about the fully intended aim-dot that can be toggled On/Off in Settings?
Nope, if I'm right, in the game (in the menu for example), you have the game "mouse" (blue one) and also your default "mouse" who don't move.
(like on the screenshot on the first post).

Nope, if I'm right, in the game (in the menu for example), you have the game "mouse" (blue one) and also your default "mouse" who don't move.
Oh yeah, enlarging the pic can see it now. Um...

@Never_Paid

Can try going to your mouse options, and, if it's not selected, select, "Hide pointer while typing", and deselect, "Automatically move pointer to the default button in a dialog box". See if there's any improvement.

Maybe you can try a "clean reinstallation" of yours drivers (if you simply updated them since last you played the game).
I'm quite skeptical about that but it's the only thing I haven't tried yet, so yes I will give it a try.

Yes, precisely. The blue in-game cursor behaves completely normally. The problem is the Windows cursor that remains visible and stuck in the middle of the screen (or of the game window, if in windowed mode). It appears as soon as in the opening cinematic.

Can try going to your mouse options, and, if it's not selected, select, "Hide pointer while typing", and deselect, "Automatically move pointer to the default button in a dialog box". See if there's any improvement.
As for myself, my mouse settings are already setup that way (and always have).

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone !

Top Bottom