[PC BUG] Missing druid alchemist merchant at Gedyneith and a couple of minor bugs

+
[PC BUG] Missing druid alchemist merchant at Gedyneith and a couple of minor bugs

Not about Gremist, the other one, in the cave higher up the hill. He was available before, but now for some reason he's disappeared on me and I can't access his goods anymore. This is kind of frustrating because I hadn't bought out all his diagrams yet and it appears nobody else sells the superior ones.

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/hTkKCNH.jpg

As you can see from the picture, the minimap shows him at his usual spot, but he's not there. Not just invisible either, there's no way to talk to him at all. It's daytime here, so he should be open for business, but even at night he doesn't appear sleeping in bed like he did before.

I'm not sure when exactly he disappeared, but I noticed it shortly after completing Cave of Dreams, Lord of Undvik, Possession and King's Gambit. Not sure if that's related.

Specs: Windows 7, System i7-2600K 3.40GHz, 8GB RAM, GeForce GTX 580.

I occasionally get a performance issue, especially in the big cities, where upon arriving in an area it takes a while to load all assets and so some objects, including characters and merchants, are initially invisible and inaccessible. However, in these cases they also don't appear on the minimap, and also quickly appear as soon as everything loads, so this is something different because this merchant doesn't appear no matter how long I wait. Can't figure out any way to make him show up again.

I'm also apparently not the only one who's had this problem: http://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/38u9xl/did_the_druid_alchemist_disappear_for_anyone_else/

Doesn't look like he found a solution either.

Speaking of Cave of Dreams, it was tagged as failed during King's Gambit even after I'd completed it, seen a few people mention this bug. I also didn't get the achievement for the Shrieker contract for some reason despite it showing as completed in my quests. Those aren't really important issues though, this merchant bug is actually annoying.

Bump.

I'm having a similar issue on Xbox One version 1.04. However, instead of disappearing after a certain quest, Yolar(?) has never appeared in my game at all. The merchant symbol appears on the map, but it directs me toward some shelves in their cave.

This is pretty frustrating since I'm not able to buy any of his superior potion recipes.

Guest 3823474

Same here. Really interested in his superior items, got more money than I'll ever need, but there is no vendor there. I assumed that he might only be available later, but not so sure anymore. Might even have seen him before.
Wondering whether the progression of the main quest line there somehow removed him.

Bump.

I'm having a similar issue on Xbox One version 1.04. However, instead of disappearing after a certain quest, Yolar(?) has never appeared in my game at all. The merchant symbol appears on the map, but it directs me toward some shelves in their cave.

This is pretty frustrating since I'm not able to buy any of his superior potion recipes.

I am having this problem as well on the Xbox One. I was hoping the issue would be rectified in the most recent patch, but to no avail. Has anyone found a solution? I could certainly use those superior potions...

Guest 3823474

I did the chores for the chief druid there now and he seems to sell all the good stuff. He's probably supposed to be the one filling that role. I seem to remember though that earlier someone else was selling that stuff.

Same problem here - the chief druid sells only runestone formulas. The missing alchemist sells the superior grapeshot formula which I can't find anywhere else.

Top Bottom