PC configuration,can someone do me a favor :)?

+
GuyN said:
Different manufacturers (Gainward vs. Gigabyte in your case) do slightly different things with the card and its configuration. This can be a different cooler, different factory clock settings, sometimes even a different board layout. In this case, the Gigabyte model is a well-done non-reference design; its cooler is thinner and easier to keep clean than others, while the Gainward model uses a cooler that works just as well but takes up three slots.

So if you have other cards to plug in, the Gainward will take up the two slots down from your first PCI-e slot; the Gigabyte will take up only one adjacent slot. Beyond that, the Gigabyte card is slightly the better performer. I would prefer the Gigabyte card if my choice were between those two.

Thanks so much again.

A stupid question:Does my motherboard have enough slots to have the Grainward one(I don't have any other graphics card to take the others slots),I don't know how do these slots work anyways.

Another stupid question:Should I overclock?If so,how to?Is it worth it?

IceEpicX said:
Thank you guys so much,do you have any recommendations on what PSU should I buy for my configuration(including 660ti).

660Ti takes two 6-pin auxiliary power connectors. Your power supply should come equipped with these. Kludging a second auxiliary power connector from the Molex connectors is a Bad Idea.

Least expensive I could recommend would be these:

Antec EA-650 Green
Seasonic S12II 620 Bronze
Corsair GS600
Seasonic M12II 520 Bronze (nice choice: it's modular, cuts down on clutter)

All of these are $70 to $80 at Newegg.

IceEpicX said:
Thanks so much again.

A stupid question:Does my motherboard have enough slots to have the Grainward one(I don't have any other graphics card to take the others slots)

Another stupid question:Should I overclock?If so,how to?Is it worth it?

That motherboard has the battery and the second PCI-e slot down from the first PCI-e slot. With the Gainward, you lose the second PCI-e slot, but that will not matter since you do not intend to run a second graphics card.

Overclocking is feasible, but not really necessary. It requires some care and a lot of patience. You should have a good CPU cooler to attempt it.

Quick question guys amd radeon hd 7950 vs nvidia gtx 660 ti?And can my motherboard slots support amd radeon HD 7950?Does it need the same power supply?

IceEpicX said:
Quick question guys amd radeon hd 7950 vs nvidia gtx 660 ti?And can my motherboard slots support amd radeon HD 7950?Does it need the same power supply?

Comparable; the 7950 has more processing power. It also draws more power (200W vs. 150W), but any of the power supplies I mentioned are still strong enough and have the right connectors for it.

IceEpicX said:
Is there a big difference between GTX 660 and 660 Ti?Because there's a big difference in price,is 660 Ti worth all the extra money?

Depending on your use, there may be a big difference (up to 30%) or a smaller one (closer to 10%). They are different chips, even though the model number is almost the same (660 is GK106; 660Ti is GK104).

With TW2, I wouldn't be surprised to see them come out pretty close, since both of these models have 24 output processors, and the way Red Engine paints pixels in TW2, it relies heavily on the output processors.

With many other games, which are texture-heavy, or any kind of GPU computing, the 660Ti (with 7 shader modules to the 660's 5; each module consists of 192 shader cores) outperforms the 660 by a lot.

The other GK104 models (670, 680, and 770) are a big step up from the 660Ti, since they have 32 output processors (vs. 24) and a 256-bit data path (vs. 192).

See http://www.hardocp.com/article/2012/09/13/asus_geforce_gtx_660_directcu_ii_video_card_review/11 for a detailed comparison.

IceEpicX said:
How does this PSU 500 W ANTEC VP500PC ES sound?

Antec Basiq VP. In a word, no.

Antec has sold some really low-quality junk under the "Basiq" label. These are the only Antecs that you definitely should avoid.

If the mainstream Seasonic-made PSUs are out of your price range, Antec Earthwatts (Delta) and Corsair CX (Channel Well) are better choices.

IceEpicX said:
The biggest problem that the store I'm buying it in is sooo limited.Is COOLERMASTER B500 fine -.-.?

No; even if it were of good quality, which it is not, it is grossly underpowered at 12V. The real 12V power capability of that PSU is 288W, not the 408W promised by the fiction on the label. That is not enough for both the CPU and the GPU, which both draw from the 12V rails.

If you are completely without alternatives, you could get the Antec and hope it does not take your expensive graphics card with it when it burns out.

What is this awful store that has nothing better than Antec Basiq and Cooler Master B series to offer?

Sorry for bothering you so much Guy,I just can't sleep without finally getting a solution to this mess.

Is this any better? CHIEFTEC A-135 Series APS-500S

or this?CHIEFTEC Nitro Series BPS-500S

None of the power supplies you have mentioned so far have decent construction or component quality or quality control. While not among the power-supply-shaped fire hazards that are the rotten apples at the bottom of the power supply barrel, neither are they anything I would trust hundreds of dollars of electronics to.

CHIEFTEC is even worse than Antec Basiq, though maybe not as bad as Cooler Master. Their big problem is quality control, and they ship a lot of duds.

Does this store have a URL? I might be able to find something better on it.

Thanks,sure,you can have the URL.Just keep in mind I have crazy limitations.

1st of,it's on Croatian(you might have some probmes with it),to get to PSUs go to>"Komponente">"Napajanja"

2nd I have to get it today(gotta go to somewhere and I'll be gone for a month tomorrow) so I can only buy products that are avalable at my city store so please go to "Prikaz Artikala>"Isporučivo odmah U Rijeci" because producs that are not avalable at my City(Rijeka) I would not be able to buy for at least a month.

3rd My price limit is about 500 Kuna,you can press on "Cijena" to rank the PSUs by price.

I think the link down below has all of these settings above,if it doesn't please put them.But if there is no soultion with my limitations I'm sure we can find some products that are not avallable in my city and are good(I think I saw Cosair CX)if that's the case,I'll have to wait a month I guess.Just to to "Prikaz Artikla">"Svi Artikli"

The Store:
http://www.links.hr/?option=katList&page=sviartikli&id_kategorija=0527&sort_cat=cijena_s_pdv&sort_ord=desc

Please feel free to take your time help me whenever you have time,I don't want you to force you to do work for me RIGHT NOW :p.You're really helpfull,I don't want you to feel like you have to help me,it's a big thing that you are helping,and I'm really greatfull for that.

IceEpicX said:
Thanks,sure,you can have the URL.Just keep in mind I have crazy limitations.

1st of,it's on Croatian(you might have some probmes with it),to get to PSUs go to>"Komponente">"Napajanja"

2nd I have to get it today(gotta go to somewhere and I'll be gone for a month tomorrow) so I can only buy products that are avalable at my city store so please go to "Prikaz Artikala>"Isporučivo odmah U Rijeci" because producs that are not avalable at my City(Rijeka) I would not be able to buy for at least a month.

3rd My price limit is about 500 Kuna,you can press on "Cijena" to rank the PSUs by price.

I think the link down below has all of these settings above,if it doesn't please put them.But if there is no soultion with my limitations I'm sure we can find some products that are not avallable in my city and are good(I think I saw Cosair CX)if that's the case,I'll have to wait a month I guess.Just to to "Prikaz Artikla">"Svi Artikli"

The Store:
http://www.links.hr/?option=katList&page=sviartikli&id_kategorija=0527&sort_cat=cijena_s_pdv&sort_ord=desc

Please feel free to take your time help me whenever you have time,I don't want you to force you to do work for me RIGHT NOW :p/>/>/>.You're really helpfull,I don't want you to feel like you have to help me,it's a big thing that you are helping,and I'm really greatfull for that.

EDIT: Bummer. I just realized the Antec is not available at the Rijeka store; the nearest one is in Zadar.

Of the PSUs at the Rijeka store with enough juice on the 12V supply, the best within your budget is the CHIEFTEC CTG-550-80P. This is made by Sirtec and is equivalent (though 230V only, for the Euro market) to some of OCZ's US models.

PREVIOUS:
Within that limitation, the best available is probably the Antec VP550P:

http://www.links.hr/?naziv=napajanje-550w-antec-vp550p-ec-atx-v2-3-120mm-vent&option=artikl&id_artikl=052.703.004

The VP550P is a Europe-only model made for Antec by Delta. It was reviewed here: http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Antec/VP550P/ and while the review is a little too friendly, it's typical of a budget power supply of decent quality. Follow the recommendation to use it with an external surge protector, since the power supply does not have its own.

The least expensive first-class power supplies would be the Corsair GS700 and the Antec HCG-620M, but those are well over your budget.

GuyN said:
Within that limitation, the best available is probably the Antec VP550P:

http://www.links.hr/?naziv=napajanje-550w-antec-vp550p-ec-atx-v2-3-120mm-vent&option=artikl&id_artikl=052.703.004

The VP550P is a Europe-only model made for Antec by Delta. It was reviewed here: http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Antec/VP550P/ and while the review is a little too friendly, it's typical of a budget power supply of decent quality. Follow the recommendation to use it with an external surge protector, since the power supply does not have its own.

The least expensive first-class power supplies would be the Corsair GS700 and the Antec HCG-620M, but those are well over your budget.

Woah thanks,but I actually think of taking a GTX 660 which needs only one PCI connector or whatever is called.Will CX430 Cosair(because it's avallable for me at Rijeka) be enough for that?If not,I'm going to stick with the Antec one.

GuyN said:
Of the PSUs at the Rijeka store with enough juice on the 12V supply, the best within your budget is the CHIEFTEC CTG-550-80P. This is made by Sirtec and is equivalent (though 230V only, for the Euro market) to some of OCZ's US models.

Thank you so much,you're the best!!

Top Bottom