PC Contract Missing Son (Morvudd the invincible bug)

+
PC Contract Missing Son (Morvudd the invincible bug)

Well I'm enjoying the hell out of this game and I've run into some glitches here and there but nothing too serious until I came upon the quest contract Missing Son. I followed the route all the way to the monster at the ruins and began battle with it until I brought its health bar down to the point it looked empty solid black or grey. From there I kept striking and it wouldn't die and then I remember I watched a video on this quest some time ago and it was supposed to hypnotize me or something so I stood there and let it do its third eye Jedi mind trick on Geralt but nothing was happening and after 15 min I tried to reboot the fight again with previous save. After 3 attempts I ended with the same result and so here I am reporting this bug and hoping cdproject can fix this bug soon or if anyone found a way pass this.

I too am having this problem, on PC. Found this thread via google.

Interesting that no one else has reported it here as well. Tried everything and nothing happens, he just goes to 0 HP and won't let me kill him. There's obviously a bug that prevents him from blinding Geralt and entering the next phase of the quest.

I am also having the same bug on PC.
Instead of blinding Geralt and running away to unlock the second part of the fight Morvudd simply stays there with zero hp.
ps:He does try to start the animation for blinding Geralt but nothing happens.

intel i7-3770 win 7 64
8gb ram geforce gtx 750ti

Last edited:
Yeah I noticed that he enters the "hypnotize" animation that Fiends usually enter, but absolutely nothing happens. He stands still and attempts to do use the ability to no avail.

Also forgot to add my specs:

i5 4460 / Win 8.1
8GB RAM / GTX 770

I too am having this issue. Tried using Enhanced Cat with the hope the immunity to hypnosis might help resolve the glitch, but no such luck. Same issues of "hypnosis", or the distinct lack thereof, though I've only noticed him doing the futile animation after his health is completely depleted... Couldn't say for certain on that last bit though. Either way, best of luck resolving this one.

i7-2670QM
WIn 7 Pro
8GB RAM
GTX 560M

Same here having this bug. Morvudd got down to 0 HP without activating hypnosis script though I see the animation for hypnose but nothing happens. He just tries on and on to hypnotise me to no avail. I tried to run away and come back after some time, but Morvudd didn't heal and stayed with 0 HP.

intel i7 3770
Win 7 x64
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA GTX 660

Same to me and I dont use any mod. If I lure Morvudd out of the ruins he run to a cave beneth it and bug get worse, he try to climb the walls like a bat.
Is really pathetic to watch that glitches.
How awfull to give a critical hit and that stupid bug dont let it die. Really annoying.

In my case patch 1.07 fixed the issue. Morvudd's health was stil zero but when I attacked him he hypnotised me and then ran to his cave. I stalked him and he had his health full. I killed him and quest went on.

I'm on the PS/4, but I'm running into the same (apparent) bug. Morvudd will hypnotize me during the fight, but once I get him to 0hp, he just keeps fighting 'til I make a mistake or give up and die .. he never runs to a cave or dies, and I can't progress the damn quest!

Having this same problem now on 1.21. God mode and all mods disabled/removed.

---------- Updated at 03:05 AM ----------

OH HEY! Just wanted to say I've found a possible fix for this. Needs tested so I'd appreciate if anyone could later confirm it for me, BUT
Provided you have the dev. console enabled just use 'Ciri' to change to Cirilla, and the blind should actually hit you. Afterward 'Geralt' back and resume play as normal

OH HEY! Just wanted to say I've found a possible fix for this. Needs tested so I'd appreciate if anyone could later confirm it for me, BUT
Provided you have the dev. console enabled just use 'Ciri' to change to Cirilla, and the blind should actually hit you. Afterward 'Geralt' back and resume play as normal

Tried it and its working!!!

Go to the castle while playing Geralt. Search for the dead body...after that go to Morvudd and wait for quest is updated, then you can switch to Ciri.
Slash him until he'll hypnotize you (can happen more the one time!). Anyway, when he's gone you can switch back to Geralt!

Thanks @ Jesterslashy

Guest 3842565

I'm playing GOTY on patch 1.31 and the issue is still not fixed. Switching to Ciri does not help either.

I had this issue on PS4 few times. Hp was 0 and fight never ended. It kept going on as long as I fought back.

Then I just rolled away from the battle, wandered around the area a bit and after a while monster started moving to it's next destination. Never got permanently stuck with it.

I'm sure you've been sat in suspense wondering about it for the past 5 years so thought i'd let you know - thanks, that worked for me too.

Same bug - tries to hypnotise, doesn't work, stuck there at 0hp. (God mode was not and had not been turned on).

Reloaded, switched to Ciri, got hypnotised, back to Geralt again, all sorted.

this works fine, thank you!

Top Bottom