PC Crashing Error Code - 3217599

+
I haven't been able to find another post with my exact problem so I figured I'll start a thread. There doesn't seem to be a specific action or setting that causes my crash. It'll just happen every 1-30 minutes no matter what I do -settings/quest/location/character. I'm probably about 8 hours successfully into the game despite these errors, mostly due to 2 bouts of stability that I can't recreate.

Crash log data: "crashVersion": "3217599" - Does this code signify anything in particular?

Some steps I've taken to no avail:

1. I saw some errors regarding OC profiles and disabled them. Worked the first day I tried it and had a stable game for about 5 hours. Since then I'm back to the exact same random crashes when I was first trying to play the game on launch day.
2. Set graphics options to the lowest level - no change
3. Reinstalled the game - no change
4. Read posts regarding a build of Win10 causing errors (not my version). Ran game in Windows 8 compatibility mode - seems to give me a few minutes longer at most.
5. Loaded up a new character - seemed stable for 3-10 minutes. Reloaded actual game file - crashed.
6. Thought it was corrupted save files - loaded 10 or so save files and would still crash.
7. Played new character longer to verify it was corrupted files - eventually crashed.

At this point I feel like I have to reinstall Windows, which is ridiculous for getting a single game working. I've played RDR2 and Total War Warhammer 2 for longer sessions to make sure it wasn't anything hardware related. At this point I've probably submitted 50 data reports after flatline alone. Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

PC Specs:
r7 1700x
32GB Ram
Windows 10 - up to date
Nvidia drivers - up to date
Platform - GOG

Last edited:
Top Bottom