[PC] Cutscene FPS drop

+

Guest 3819801

Just wow.... Those replies. I am not even mad. I feel empty.

They are telling us they have bad sales on pc. Well what can I say. It's -1 for them for next titles. The sales on pc next time they release a game will be bad and also minus one sold copy because of me -60$. And I am not just a talker here. I said that to Ubisoft after their Watch Dogs game, and bought nothing from them since then. Even on steam sales. And I never will Also I promise I won't play those games even for free if they'll give me such opportunity.

They can sell this trash (WItcher 3 is not trash, don't get me wrong... Talking about performance/graphics/customer support teams/hypes/etc here) on consoles as much as they want since it seems console players don't mind getting broken games with fps lower than 30 and stuff like that. So be it. My voice doesn't change anything? Ok, I don't mind. I don't even believe that they have low sales on pc because of high piracy, because as I just said... I don't want it even for free anymore.

They are telling us they have bad sales on pc. Well what can I say. It's -1 for them for next titles. The sales on pc next time they release a game will be bad and also minus one sold copy because of me -60$. And I am not just a talker here. I said that to Ubisoft after their Watch Dogs game, and bought nothing from them since then. Even on steam sales. And I never will Also I promise I won't play those games even for free if they'll give me such opportunity.

They can sell this trash (WItcher 3 is not trash, don't get me wrong... Talking about performance/graphics/customer support teams/hypes/etc here) on consoles as much as they want since it seems console players don't mind getting broken games with fps lower than 30 and stuff like that. So be it. My voice doesn't change anything? Ok, I don't mind. I don't even believe that they have low sales on pc because of high piracy, because as I just said... I don't want it even for free anymore.

Is a reply they sent to you?? ...

same here for GTX 970 of mine... but when i switch to my old GTX 680 everyting work just fine, smooth on cutscenes / cinematics, no stuttering or lagging (with same video setting on GTX 970). I wonder why?

Interesting... Enabling the in-game vsync made the cutscenes play at a steady 30 frames per second for me.

same here for GTX 970 of mine... but when i switch to my old GTX 680 everyting work just fine, smooth on cutscenes / cinematics, no stuttering or lagging (with same video setting on GTX 970). I wonder why?

_O_ , I also have a gtx 970 (gigabyte wf oc) the intro animation still has the same stutter , the in game cut-scene stutter is better

(also applied most of the fixes in here : P and the main pc topic)

Last edited:
It seems that only people with steam version can resolve the problem editing the ini files.

Wich version do you have?Steam or GOG?

Mine GOG.

GOG for me too,

Yet it should be the most stable version, no app behind to run it exept GOG Galaxy which I don't use (lot of bugs too)

I tried everything possible, even re install Windows with only updates and driver, turn on / off some setting in BIOS and nothing.

Interesting... Enabling the in-game vsync made the cutscenes play at a steady 30 frames per second for me.

You're a lucky guy, could you tell me your specs please?

I use the Steam version, and changing the .ini files does nothing for me.
Hi, by the way. I'm new in this thread. I've read through all of the 19 pages (!) and I too got a problem with the FPS. I've tried everything suggested in this thread. Nothing works. I am one of those who are stuck at 18-19 FPS on the comic cutscene in the beginning, and lousy 17-20 fps in the intro just before the game starts This is horrible! The bathtub scene, on the other hand, works smoothly with over 100 FPS, and when the game actually starts and I am in control of Geralt, around 70 FPS . I have not played any further, because I'm afraid I'll bump in to similar FPS-problems in later cutcscenes. Don't want to ruin my gaming experience with this.
I have 2x 970 Nvidia cards, run the game from an SSD, i7 3960X, 16G RAM. My Rig should do the job nice and easy, in other words.
Why don't we all just email the techsupport, since they clearly don't read this thread? Spam them down!

Last edited:
I use the Steam version, and changing the .ini files does nothing for me.
Hi, by the way. I'm new in this thread. I've read through all of the 19 pages (!) and I too got a problem with the FPS. I've tried everything suggested in this thread. Nothing works. I am one of those who are stuck at 18-19 FPS on the comic cutscene in the beginning, and lousy 17-20 fps in the intro just before the game starts This is horrible! The bathtub scene, on the other hand, works smoothly with over 100 FPS, and when the game actually starts and I am in control of Geralt, around 70 FPS . I have not played any further, because I'm afraid I'll bump in to similar FPS-problems in later cutcscenes. Don't want to ruin my gaming experience with this.
I have 2x 970 Nvidia cards, run the game from an SSD, i7 3960X, 16G RAM. My Rig should do the job nice and easy, in other words.
Why don't we all just email the techsupport, since they clearly don't read this thread? Spam them down!

Most people in this thread sent email. Me too..the answers are ridiculous..

---------- Updated at 09:42 PM ----------

which ini file and what editing?
visual.ini
movieframerate=60

Most people in this thread sent email. Me too..the answers are ridiculous..

Yes, I've seen some of the emails in this thread. It's like CD Red doesn't acknowledge this problem at all. Even with the latest patch, the FPS-problem still persits... Not good.

GOG for me too,

Yet it should be the most stable version, no app behind to run it exept GOG Galaxy which I don't use (lot of bugs too)

I tried everything possible, even re install Windows with only updates and driver, turn on / off some setting in BIOS and nothing.

You're a lucky guy, could you tell me your specs please?

i5-4670K, MSI GTX 980 OCV1

Strange..enabling ingame v-sync my fps went from 27 to 31...however stutter is always present...

Last edited:

The pc physical media sales are low , digital one must be better , most people i know got the nvidia bundle deal... don't know how much they get from nvidia : P

I will be buying the expansion for sure, but still playing very slowly waiting for a definitive fix. having another epic animation like the intro ruined buy stutter just makes me a little disappointed... from time to time i still try new things to get the intro running well so far no luck. : P

Last edited:
The pc physical media sales are low , digital one must be better , most people i know got the nvidia bundle deal... don't know how much they get from nvidia : P

Yes this is again completely bullshit, The Witcher 3 is 1st on Steam charts and Witcher 3 + season pass 3rd. 1st and 2nd on GOG. I'm sure in digital copies that Witcher 3 PC is far far away above PS4 and Xbox One.

They should stop that, cause even they sold just one copie of their game, this copie must come without issue and to be what they promised. Both are clearly not there.

Now this game is broken, they must fix it and give a real support. Otherwise they're just thieves and can be pursued in justice.

Top Bottom