+
In usersettings.ini, set :
MovieFramerate=60

In visuals.ini, set :
MovieFramerate=60.0
MovieUbersampling=false

Besides that, I have the latest updated drivers for my 970gtx

Same for me 32.4 fps in movie, cutscenes and comics

Any option change anything. Its better but not perfect.

I have a 770GTX

---------- Updated at 07:11 PM ----------

In usersettings.ini, set :
MovieFramerate=60

In visuals.ini, set :
MovieFramerate=60.0
MovieUbersampling=false

Besides that, I have the latest updated drivers for my 970gtx

Same for me 32.4 fps in movie, cutscenes and comics

Any option change anything. Its better but not perfect.

I have a 770GTX

Smooth in windowded mode (borderless or not for me) but stiil really jerky in fullscreen even with the same framerate.

I've still the low sound issue in same time.

Still can't play...

Patched to 1.05... the jitter is less pronounced now... but it's still there... well thanks CDPR... it's much better now... and I'm happy... it's very close now to being 100% fixed... but it isn't there yet... still it's much better than before... but I will still wait until it is truly fully fixed :)

Still have to enable the in-game vsync to get almost steady 32 fps in pre-rendered cutscenes and those small recaps while loading. Otherwise it hovers just below 28. Main menu and the clips (logos, the scene with the old man and the peasants) before it are all playing at max fps i've set, with or without vsync.

Last edited:
Still have to enable the in-game vsync to get almost steady 30 fps in pre-rendered cutscenes and those small recaps while loading. Otherwise it hovers just below 28. Main menu and the clips (logos, the scene with the old man and the peasants) before it are all playing at max fps i've set, with or without vsync.

same for me

---------- Updated at 09:04 PM ----------

Still have to enable the in-game vsync to get almost steady 30 fps in pre-rendered cutscenes and those small recaps while loading. Otherwise it hovers just below 28. Main menu and the clips (logos, the scene with the old man and the peasants) before it are all playing at max fps i've set, with or without vsync.

same for me

Guest 3819801

WooT! 1.05 fixed it for me!!! There is actual GPU utilization in menu and cutscenes. Movies are absolutely smooth. I play with 30 fps cap though as I mentioned before so can't tell you if there is the way to get smooth cutscene experience while playing uncapped/capped at 60 fps. I'll try it though right now and will mention it in this thread.
I am also glad it wasn't on our end and was the in-game problem so that those commentators from tech support/Princess-what-ever were wrong.
Respect CDRED! Not so much respect to tech support team. Or at least not all of them.
Will be in touch.

it's much better now... and I'm happy... it's very close now to being 100% fixed... but it isn't there yet...

it will never be 100% fixed on every cpu (especially if you have a slow one), unless you want to wait until cinematic ends to start loading assets, and wait for a static loading screen... been mentioned so many times now...

if cutscene loading times are longer, that's because multi-threading was tweaked, since assets are loaded during cutscenes using async programming model. therefore, the CPU/bus was tied up doing other things, like feeding the graphics card.

it's a trade-off, between longer loading time/smoother cutscenes. seems smoother now (although depends on CPU to some degree, but i5 is better).

also, increasing fps to 60 in cutscenes will only make it lag worse due to this effect. it's counter-productive.

time to drop/lock this thread now...

Last edited:

Guest 3819801

Yep, can confirm... When locked to 60 fps cgi cutscenes are locked at 32 fps.
So if you play at 30 fps lock I can recommend you this:
1. Go to nvidiaInspector
2. Choose The Witcher 3 profile.
3. Change maximum re-rendered frames to 1
4. Vertical sync tear control standard
5. Vertical sync 1/2 Refresh rate.
6. Power management mode > Prefer maximum performance
7. Go ro RivaTuner statistics server, add witcher 3 to profiles, set framerate limit to 30 fps (this will prevent some fps fluctuations in-game and in cutscenes)
8. In game set v syn to on, change fps limiter to 30 frames.

This is 100% smooth experience for me.

As I said before when using 60 fps cap/unlimited fps this caps cgi cutscenes to 32 fps. So no way playing them smoothly while capped at 60 fps sadly. But that's common practice in console ports. So don't be surprised.

As for me... Well I am gonna play this game now! :D
Glad I didn't gave up on CDRED as I did with Ubisoft.
CU!.

No,

The 1.05 don't fix at all people if you read the last page.

770GTX

Patch give better result but i ve already stuttering, less but already have. 32.4 fps. Certain people have 60 , other no.

if you can't maintain 60 fps (or in this case since cutscenes are capped to 28-32 fps), and you use vsync, then you must drop it to below your refresh rate (in this case 30), correct. however, you're also capping the rest of the game to 30 fps.

but that has nothing to do with this game specifically (the cutscenes, yes). in-game (and every other game) it's just vsync and refresh related. in other words: get a better graphics card/lower settings to raise FPS above vsync. otherwise, vsync skips frames in an uneven fashion if your FPS fluctuates too much.

that said, running at 35-50 fps with vsync on is fine, unless you happen to notice every little imperfection... it will still skip every 2nd frame every so often, but usually don't notice a difference on that scale as long as fps is generally above 35-40.

i still have no clue how people notice a 1 in 15 or 30 frame difference, or even less. that's nearly imperceptible... and if you're fluctuating by more than 1-2 frames, you have other issues like CPU/GPU.

Patch give better result but i ve already stuttering, less but already have. 32.4 fps. Certain people have 60 , other no.

the movies that don't load assets are set to 60, at least if you edit the .xml files (intro, first movie, credits, etc...) all other cutscenes that do load assets are now 35? supposedly (used to be 30, technically should be 30.01), editing the .xml has no effect on those. fluctuates between 32-35? ;\ i thought it was locked... dat's awd...

hmm, i wonder if you can edit the .xml to drop them back down to 30 ;o nope, hard-coded?

wow, even capping fps to 30 using in-game slider doesn't cap them... :\

Last edited:

Guest 3819801

No,

The 1.05 don't fix at all people if you read the last page.

770GTX

I told you the same thing. :) Using 60fps cap results in capped 32 fps in cutscenes which still introduces stuttering for me too. That's exactly what I told before. But before this patch I got 22 fps in cutscenes and in menu. Capped at 22 I mean. Which introduced stuttering even when using 30hz refresh rate. Now it fixed the problem for me (since I use 30hz refresh rate. Well it's 1/2 of 60hz really but anyway...).
As for stuttering with 60 fps and 60hz I can confirm, cutscenes run horribly. To be able to run them smoothly they should be capped at 60 fps. Which I believe is impossible for console port. That's not technically impossible, but I think they just won't do this. Almost nobody does.
Also when talking about intro movies and first comic cutscene they run at 60 fps for me after this patch if using full 60hz vsync. Before this 1.05 patch I ran them at 22fps capped.

P.S. Talking about intro cutscenes and menu... If uncapped and not using vsync fps is at 2000~. Lol. 22fps and 2000 is a big difference. :D
They definitely locked GPU usage for some of us accidently or intentionally.

wow, even capping fps to 30 using in-game slider doesn't cap them... :\

That's why I mentioned RivaTuner. It works flawlessly in most desperate situations. Hell, even driver fps limiter fails some time.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's why I mentioned RivaTuner. It works flawlessly in most desperate situations. Hell, even driver fps limiter fails some time.

few apps for amd/ati can do that. rivatuner, afterburner, radeonpro, some more... (unfortunately, it's not built into CCC, like nvidia's adaptive refresh option). still i prefer to run with vsync at 60hz, so i get the benefit of more FPS if it's possible, the stutter really isn't noticeable, for me at least :\ as long as fps remains stable.

problem is, some may also cause crashes, or overlays at least. don't know to what extent.

Last edited:

Guest 3819801

few apps for amd/ati can do that. rivatuner, afterburner, radeonpro, some more... (unfortunately, it's not built into CCC, like nvidia's adaptive refresh option). still i prefer to run with vsync at 60hz, so i get the benefit of more FPS if it's possible, the stutter really isn't noticeable, for me at least :\ as long as fps remains stable.

Yeah I also prefer 60hz and 60 fps. That's not a big surprise :D.
But since I can't maintain stable 60 fps (and when I say stable I mean I can't get 60 fps 99% of time) I prefer to use higher graphic settings with 30 fps cap. That's just my personal taste since I hate fps fluctuations. Gladly this game has good motion blur on pc, so ghosting effect in this game is not a big problem when playing at 30 fps.
When I was young I played without vsync and stuff and I was pretty fine with it. But those times are long gone sadly. Now I see every single fps drop, every single screen tear when not using vsync and so on and just can't stand them. Lol.

Guest 3819801

oh no, motion blur... get the garlic... LCD at 2ms/60hz is enough motion blur for me.
Well, if playing at 30 fps motion blur is a saver. It is much batter than having this:
http://postimg.org/image/j8bqpcmlr/full/
Good motion blur almost eliminates this stuff when implemented properly. This is also the reason why consoles have so much motion blur. Because without it they would look even worse.
But in other cases motion blur is waste of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe, i dunno lol. lowest i go is 30 fps rarely. 35 usually, but for the most part 40-50 fps, avg 45, which is pretty stable. skip one every 3/4 frames. still 40 fps visible, which is what the eye can perceive.

why you would get ghosting like that i don't know though... technically with vsync on, it should only draw the last frame in the buffer ;o (maybe problem with AC and double-buffering/vsync?) ;\

or is that a mobile phone pic? lol... then yea, it's related to A. 30 fps (33.3ms), B. the camera on the phone, C. monitor pixel update rate 1-5ms usually.

water+reflections seem to cause the biggest hit.

Last edited:

Guest 3819801

maybe, i dunno lol. lowest i go is 30 fps rarely. 35 usually, but for the most part 40-50 fps, avg 45, which is pretty stable. skip one every 3 frames. still 40 fps visible, which is what the eye can perceive.

why you would get ghosting like that i don't know though... technically with vsync on, it should only draw the last frame in the buffer ;o (maybe problem with AC and double-buffering/vsync?) ;\

Yeah, that's the case for me too. I also get minimum of 40~ fps. But fluctuating fps feels not so good for me. That's the matter of taste though. If I could overclock my monitor to 40hz I would play this game at fixed 40 fps. But my monitor can only be overclocked (or better say downclocked) to 50hz min.

Well, vsync has not really much to do with ghosting. It's the problem with lcd monitors. It's directly related to screen response times. I have 2ms display. This problem is relevant even on 1ms displays. I don't have so bad ghosting though. It's just screenshot from google to demonstrate what I was talking about. I think this image was taken from 8~ ms display or more. Also the lower fps the bigger the problem.

Top Bottom