[PC] Cutscene FPS drop

+
Thanks for the reply, 760 Overclocked is only able to achieve 60 fps (not even locked...) on Low, this is very very weird.

There is some optimization issues going on for sure, plus my CPU isn't used more than 25%.

That is really odd. Might just be a bug on certain cards in that case. I found the most costly settings to be foliage distance and density, so maybe you'd be able to get some other things a bit higher for now if you kept those as low as you can?

---------- Updated at 11:55 AM ----------

which doesnt have any effect!

Just got some new info. Apparently you need to make the user.settings file read only after you save changes to it. It does mean that you won't be able to change settings in game I think, but apparently that's the solution.

Just tested, definitely works (on the opening cutscene).

Last edited:
That is really odd. Might just be a bug on certain cards in that case. I found the most costly settings to be foliage distance and density, so maybe you'd be able to get some other things a bit higher for now if you kept those as low as you can?

---------- Updated at 11:55 AM ----------

Just got some new info. Apparently you need to make the user.settings file read only after you save changes to it. It does mean that you won't be able to change settings in game I think, but apparently that's the solution.

Just tested, definitely works.
did that earlier... not working

i hope they ll patch that today

Can anybody confirm if some of the fixes recommended worked for them? I have a combination of this issue, plus the volume being very low on cutscenes. I almost completely skipped the intro due to this. Changing to windowed borderless seems to have helped some with the audio, but the skipping it nearly unbearable.

Hey guys... Belive it or not, same problem here on xbox one. Not sure if that helps in anyway, because i can't do anything about it. However, knowing other platforms are experiencing it may narrow down the cause. It's not particular gpu's atleast. I've seenthis mentioned on eurogamer, they did a performance update post-patch.

remember some people talking about overclocked processors and memory causing stutter and low fps in cut-scenes... everybody on pc here is using GOG version ?
gtx 970

Last edited:
Hi,

Same problem here. The cutscenes (the ones with the drawing style, and the ones prerendered with the engine) as the menu run slowly, at 18 fps at max.
This is a very strange issue, and it breaks a little bit the experience of the storytelling.

Steam version here. I have tried only changing the value, but doesn't seem to work that way. I'm gonna try what sidspyker suggest of making the file only-read.

Cheers!

Seems to be working for me.
Are you sure? Could you check it with the drawed cutscenes that sum up the game when you load up? Those are the ones that go the lowest for me, close to 26 FPS, and what you guys recommend isn't working. Made the file read-only aswell.

Like many of you, same issues here low framerate around 23 fps with stuttering and lack of sound for cut scenes on a GTX 970 which only 1% to 12% max used for these cut scenes. The several solutions with .ini and nvidia adaptative power don't change anything for me. It's broke the experience, I'll wait for a patch.

I have the same problem , pre rendered cutscenes and menu is at 18-19 fps . Tips to fix this issue that were posted above did not help. I have i7 3820 cpu and 770 4gb gpu. Since I want to experience magic that is Witcher properly ,I will hold from playing it until this issue is fixed or solution is given.

Same problem, GTX 980 Reference non OC, 8Gb DDR 3 i7 3820 OC. try to disable OC, it's not help. Try all solutions in interenet at this moment. Not help. Now i'm trying to understand why in main menu and cutscenes my GPU load only 0-4%
In this viedo on GTX 980 everything fine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS4Umf6CKbU

Last edited:
report sent to cdprojekt tech support and for sound down too. No reply for the moment, I'll tell you if I've one. I think I'll do the same to nvidia tech support cause it seems to happen only on Nvidia cards. That sucks cause they're partners for this game!

Maybe solution

Hi, i have problems with drop rate. I minimize settings for hair and shadows and now it works perfectly. Try it and good luck!

Top Bottom