[PC] Cutscene FPS drop

+
Great job from Kajori! Ask for a job in CDPR, they need you lol

I was too tired to make some tests yesterday so I respond just now. The solution you put previously with 30 fps limiter in rivatuner works fine but I definitly can't play at 30 fps, it makes me sick. Above all in this game, really need solid 60 fps with vsync.

Bandicam is the solution for people who want play until a real fix by CDPR.

Like you said, there're lot of issues with their in game vsync and framelimiter, mostly in fullscreen. At solid 60 fps cap for the movie before the menu, it's really jerky cause the frametime isn't stable at all, it jiggles between 8 - 30 ms.
With a tool like Rivatuner and Vsync in Nvidia control panel it works fine. (the other steps you mentionned are not necessary ;) )

I don't know if this game will be stable a day cause there's a ton of another bugs. I won't play it before several months, I want a great experience as for the 2 first Witchers. After 5 patches, Witcher 3 is worst than AC Unity at its launch.

---------- Updated at 12:17 AM ----------

You've actually measured the framerate on WMP somehow?

Yes with Fraps, and even with the game launched in same time. No lack of power or hardware at all for this issue, just a poor code.

---------- Updated at 12:20 AM ----------

Patch 1.05 fixed the low fps stuttering for me. Pre rendered cutscenes now play at 60,fps. Soooo much better. Thank you cdpr!

Have you even 60 fps smooth in the cutscene by launching a new game? (Yennefer with the crow)

Last edited:
How do you extract playable movie files anyway? All i've managed to do is extract some .usm (Scaleform video) files.

@CrocPoulet: Can you send those video files over?

Last edited:
I didn't extract it, you can find this video file in the GOG Bonus pack.

---------- Updated at 06:13 PM ----------

CDPR support contacted me to have a feedback, it's cool I think they really try to improve the game now. I feel like a beta tester for free but I prefer that than their previous statement ^_^

Finaly a hope to have a stable game.

CDPR support contacted me to have a feedback, it's cool I think they really try to improve the game now. I feel like a beta tester for free but I prefer that than their previous statement ^_^

I watched The Trail (the cinematic you see right when you start a new game, though this one is more in a form of a trailer), it ran at 24-some frames per second in VLC, based on the software's own statistics. It doesn't even look like it could be 60. But unlike the in-game version, this ran stable, with no visual stutter or tearing.

Videos like the end of the tutorial area are not among these clips.

Yes it runs smooth at 24 fps in VLC, and 60 fps smooth in WM Player. Just try with Fraps.

Looks the same in WMP, ain't looking like 60. Besides, it would make no sense for it to play at lower framerate with a more powerful media player. It's a basic mp4. If the video was rendered in 60, VLC would be skipping 26 frames every second, which it doesn't do, since the viewing experience is smooth.

Last edited:
The movie is encoded at 24 fps but rendered at 60 fps in WM Player.
By running it with the game in same time, it was to proove there were no technical limitations reason to have jerky cinematics in game.

Any news from CDPR support?

Not for the moment, but they asked me feeback a few days and told me they're looking for fixing the game.
We have to wait the patch 1.06.

Funny that prerendered cutscene runs at lower FPS than gameplay. Its it fun CGI, like the intro trailer, I can digest, but its basically gameplay assert, maybe with better lightings.

The FPS drop from gameplay to Cutscene just put me off, & the blurring.

Well I'm still waiting for the next patch as well... hopefully the cutscene problem will have a definite fix by then without needing any "workaround" (e.g. bandicam or rivatuner)

1.06 patch will be only an hotfix...fps problem in cutscenes isn't present in changelog...another week without any solution...like the stutter horse walking animation...ridicolous...

1.06 patch will be only an hotfix...fps problem in cutscenes isn't present in changelog...another week without any solution...like the stutter horse walking animation...ridicolous...

Bummer :( Yeah I noticed the horse walking stuttering too... I'm so sad... I really love the game and I want my experience with it to be smooth... I even upgraded my machine in preparation for this game before hand...

When will be a fix for this problem and the stuttering walking horse animation?

Please fix this....the game is unplayable without this fix for me...

CD RED Support answer 23/06/2015::

Hi,

Have patch 1.06 helped you with this issue?

Regards,
Kuba Woźniakowski

On 6 June 2015 at 14:52, en.cdprojektred.com <no_reply@en.cdprojektred.com> wrote:
Product: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Platform: Windows
OS version: Windows 7 (64-bit)
Processor: Intel Core I7 3770
Amount of RAM: 8 gb
Graphic card: 2 x ZOTAC Gtx 970 SLI
Screen resolution: 1920x1080
Driver update-date: 353.06

Boxed or digital: digital
Vendor: GOG
Game code: N/A

User email:
Problem description:
32 fps in cinematics only, with presence of stuttering. (http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/36654-PC-Cutscene-FPS-drop/page36) camera stuttering during the horses animation loop, while riding at a walking or trotting pace. (http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...Stutter-Thread-Not-addressed-in-1-05-PC/page2) There will be a fix for this problems or not? It\'s my right to know!!!

Again...Ridicolous....​

Nothing changed after 1.07....32 fps in cinematics and also stutter when walking with horse is still here...same shit!!!!!

ridicolous..

Last edited:
Top Bottom