PC exclusive games.

+
PC exclusive games.

Once upon a time, PC games were the most mature, the most creative and the most fun to play. This is still true, but the rise of console gaming has caused developers to diverted their efforts into making an endless parade of bland boring cookie cutter games for children age thirteen and under. The Witcher is one of the few great PC exclusive games left in the world and the Witcher 2 will also be PC exclusive for a year or so before moving to console. I implore all of you reading this to purchase The Witcher 2 when it comes out and do not torrent it. p2p file sharing and the proliferation of consoles is killing off the innovation that marks PC exclusive games. Budding developers like CD Projekt need capital so they can keep making great PC games so please pay them for their hard work, they deserve it.(ps. I am not a shill for this company. I had an issue with my graphic card and Tommy went so far as to personally notify me when the new driver came out and it fixed my issue. I was impressed by this level of service, the quality of the game, and the story behind it's development.)

Totally agree with you. I foresee most member of this forum shall be buying the game. Perhaps people shall go to torrent sites and help spread the news to convince those pesky pirates that still have some sense of morality in buying the original?I have supported the developers buy pre-ordering via GoG and forego the CE edition. However, pirates would always be pirates.. No matter how good the game is, they rather spend thousands of dollars upgrading their rig but never buy any original games.What the developers should target are not the pirates but the loyal PC fans that was hoping for an outstanding RPG game like TW2.I sincerely hope CDPR will be successful with TW2 though.

Aver

Forum veteran
I totally agree with you. Even tho I'm disappointed with consolish interface. It kills "PC exclusive" feeling for me :(.

It is a good idea to remind people how important it is to support the game developers, and that the consequences of pirating hit us all like a boomerang. No matter how passionate the people that make the game are about their work, they must also make a living out of it, and if no one would pay for the game, then there won't be any more games. Besides it is disrespectful not to appreciate good work by rewarding the people who made it. I also wish more people would see how much better it is to play games on PC and invest in one. Better graphics, precision (the mouse is best at pointing), not to mention the endless possibilities offered by mods. And then there is everything else you can use a PC for. It's sad to see that some companies like Rockstar don't even bother to make games for PC any longer.

archaven said:
Totally agree with you. I foresee most member of this forum shall be buying the game. Perhaps people shall go to torrent sites and help spread the news to convince those pesky pirates that still have some sense of morality in buying the original?
I noticed this even with the first one, at least after the release of the EE. There we people in the comment sections who encouraged people to support CD Projekt with buying the game, something with you rarely see. Made me happy. :)

Totally agree with you, except maybe for this part
MichaelFuglas said:
This is still true, but the rise of console gaming has caused developers to diverted their efforts into making an endless parade of bland boring cookie cutter games for children age thirteen and under.
(sight) not another of those threads...

I agree.I usually download most of my games because I can't afford to buy everything but I own The Witcher and I already pre-ordered The Witcher 2. Actually, making good games and caring about the players is the best way to sell. We'll make CD Projekt big and I hope they'll remember that when they're on top.

Well-thought out post, OP. Since I admire CD Projekt's ability to make quality PC games, I will continue to support them by recommending The Witcher 2 to my friends and others I meet.

[moderator] I'm going to be Very blunt here for all of the members here New as well as Old admitting piracy for what ever reason you have it Not repeat Not welcome here or any part of the forum [/moderator]

pirates torrent things by habit; they often download the latest things available just because they can. actual considerations of quality and/or value don't enter the equation. they are blanket consumers, omnivorous and insatiable.wisely, CDPR has not tried to appeal to these entities or convince them to change their ways; instead, they design the game for the paying customer.

I WOULD really like CDPR share with us the PC sales of the game if it's doing well. I certainly hope it does as great games deserves support!

All notion of the game being targeted mainly for PC went out the window when the aspect ratio thing was announced. Now it just seems that the PC version is being treated as a beta test run before they roll out the console versions.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/292677/news/ea-pc-extremely-healthy-may-become-our-biggest-platform/^^An interesting read for you guys that think PC gaming is dying..

archaven said:
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/292677/news/ea-pc-extremely-healthy-may-become-our-biggest-platform/^^An interesting read for you guys that think PC gaming is dying..
Oh, no.... It's sad actually, because it is, well... EA games. Stay the fuck out of PC market, thanks EA. You have already ruined Westwood studios, C&C franchise, you've ruined DA II and probably Bioware as whole. Fuckers, stay the fuck out of PC gaming, let the real artists do the job.

draconis18491 said:
draconis18491 said:
Oh, no.... It's sad actually, because it is, well... EA games. Stay the ****** out of PC market, thanks EA. You have already ruined Westwood studios, C&C franchise, you've ruined DA II and probably Bioware as whole. ******, stay the ****** out of PC gaming, let the real artists do the job.
I agree with all you say of EA^^

draconis18491 said:
draconis18491 said:
Oh, no.... It's sad actually, because it is, well... EA games. Stay the ****** out of PC market, thanks EA. You have already ruined Westwood studios, C&C franchise, you've ruined DA II and probably Bioware as whole. ******, stay the ****** out of PC gaming, let the real artists do the job.
I feel your pain :)But really, there are a lot of numbers circulating about the number of console sales vs the number of PC sales, but on the marketing side, the console audience is relatively small when compared to the computer audience.

haha, The Witcher 2 has redefined what a pirate is on a few forums that I frequent. I have been accused of software piracy for pre-ordering The Witcher 2 on Direct 2 Drive for $36 because of % off codes. I was told I am stealing from the developers for not buying from GoG and for paying less then full price at D2D. =D

After reading that "thing" i felt a little bit disheartened, i have not liked EA for an incredibly long time, infact i think i disliked them ever since after a couple of unwise purchases many moons ago discovered what there games are all about, it is all about money, whoever that guy is, lets call him Frank CEO, is all about money, is all about downloads, is going to realy hack me off, has hacked me off.I like the sound of the pc market becoming more focused on with more titles we may not normally see come here and possibly some extra money flowing into the hands of smaller developers like CD Projekt RED, just not so controlled by that EA logo, rootkit downloads and nasty corperate publishers.

Top Bottom