[PC] Feedback And Suggestions

+
Here are some suggestions based on 11 hours I've played.

From what I experienced I found Cyberpunk incredibly fun and addicting, and deep down it has the potential of becoming an incredibly amazing game, but the state it released in is a shame because right now it feels like an early access title that shouldn't have been released for another 12 months due to all the unfinished and missing features, systems not interacting with each other properly, bugs, issues and so on.

I really loved it and honestly wish to play so much more, but for now I also don't wish to fully experience it until it is properly ready, so I'll wait a year and see what happens. But I wished to at least write some feedback, hoping most of these things will be patched, improved and/or redesigned.

ISSUES

- The character shadow animations are incredibly stiff and awful looking when holding any weapon. They require a lot of improvement, fluidity and grace Screenshot
- The animations in general could use a lot of improvements because for a 2020 game they look quite bad (most notable example the Male V running animation with his arms flailing all over the place)
- All arm Cyberwares have broken shadow animations Screenshot 1 Screenshot 2
- The wrist rocket cyberware animation requires improvements because the mesh of the hand is currently being stretched out Screenshot
- Movement animations require improvements as sometimes even a small bump causes the player to levitate instead of walk (most notable on stairs) Screenshot
- Takedown animations such as Kill or Knockout look very wonky and could use some improvements to make them look better and fluid.
- Movement physics also require improvements because moving over uneven terrain (such as small objects, boxes or road curbs) causes uncontrollable sped up movement (as if the player is being pushed around)
- Some outfits are not properly rigged to the body Screenshot
- Majority of items which are either on the ground, in cars or on shelves cannot be looted Screenshot
- Mantis Blades cyberware don't represent the chosen nail polish (this issue may not happen to everyone, but it happens to me. My character's nails are black, but Mantis Blades show default nails) Screenshot
- Blood Pump cyberware cannot be used at all for some reason. I have it selected and am holding the correct prompt to use it but nothing happens.
- When sprinting, even the smallest bump in the terrain cancels the sprinting. This requires major improvements to make sprinting more fluid and continuous.
- When in water, the player cannot stay afloat at the surface. Instead the player keeps bouncing up and down until eventually submerging once again.
- Knives disappear entirely when thrown via the Dagger Dealer perk. Knives should instead stick to the body and be lootable after they're thrown.
- When selling a lot of items in a shop, every time an item is sold the entire inventory has the icons refreshed which makes selling a very slow process.
- When exiting the vehicle at high speeds, the character just casually exits on their feet instead of tumbling and rolling
- Water doesn't have gunshot ripples
- Vehicle physics need improvements because currently vehicles feel very floaty and often spin out when hitting something, braking or taking a turn

And here is a bonus ^^ Dex's car missing

These are just some of the issues I've been constantly running into, most of them just being unfinished features. I have faith that most of these will be patched and hopefully tremendously improved with the coming months.

SUGGESTIONS FOR FURTHER IMMERSIONS AND IMPROVEMENTS

- World markers -
They currently show distance in sets of 30m / 25m / 20m / 15m / 10m / 5m (depending on the distance). It would be better if instead they showed the distance accurately in individual units instead of sets.

- Driving GPS - It would be great if we could get an option to enable a subtle GPS line to follow on the road itself, for the custom marker or the currently tracked mission if there is no custom marker.

- Minimap when driving - The minimap should zoom out when the player is driving, to make it easier to follow the minimap GPS when driving.

- Leave the vehicle turned ON when exiting - The EXIT button could be redesigned to allow the player the choice to either exit the vehicle or turn OFF the vehicle and then exit it.

[EXIT BUTTON] - Leave the vehicle
[HOLD EXIT BUTTON] - Turn off the vehicle and then exit it

- Leave the music in the vehicle turned ON when exiting - Tied to the suggestion above, if the player does not turn off the vehicle when exiting, the radio would continue playing.

- Walk Button - Quite obvious for immersion reasons.

- Map Icons - The map is not easy on the eyes due to all the icons overlapping with eachother, it looks messy. Smaller icons that do not overlap would be better and easier to navigate and read.

- Sprinting After Jumping or Sliding - Currently sprinting is constantly being interrupted either by bumps in the terrain due to physics or something else. It would be great if this could be fixed, but also improved so that we could continue sprinting after we jump over an obstacle or slide. A continuous uninterrupted sprint, like parkour.

- Inspect your weapon when holding RELOAD button - It would be amazing to hold the RELOAD button while having a weapon out to inspect its magazine and other features. Just to make it more immersive and have something to do, because small details are awesome and checking your ammo count makes it more immersive. There are already some animations for this in the game, such as when you are in V's building parking garage after escaping with Jackie from Watson. You can't shoot there, but you can take out your weapon and hold FIRE button, which causes V to inspect her guns in first person.

- Cyberware animations when installing new cyberware - I was tremendously impressed by the cyberware installation section of the game, only to later be tremendously disappointed to find out that cyberware is simply bought and equipped. It would be a lot better if the player should go through the actual procedure to install cyberware, with each cyberware category having its own animation for installation. This would make cyberware a lot more immersive and cool than what it actually is at the moment.

- Separate the equipped items when selling items - Currently the equipped items are shown along with all other items when selling in the stop. This makes selling a nuisance because they keep getting in the way and obviously I don't want to sell my equipped items. They should be in their own tab, separated from the items being sold.

- Selling item stacks - Currently selling items is a big nuisance due to stacks, because even when we wish to sell the entire stack of an item, it still brings out the stack menu. Simply make it so that clicking an item stack sells the entire stack and HOLDING SELL button opens up the stack menu. This would simplify and speed up the process of inventory management.

- Looting and Experience UI elements should be separated - Currently the UI for looting and experience is a mess because the two different elements are crammed into one and each take their turn to show on the screen. Experience and looting UIs should be separated from each other and improved to show details more clearly, because right now it is incredibly slow and unintuitive the way it currently is.

- Better looting feedback - Sometimes when looting, the game doesn't list at all what the player looted (either it doesn't show for certain items like consumables or it's bugged). It would be great if this feature could be improved to show absolutely everything we loot, just as the Witcher 3 shows everything we loot.

- Inventory UI - Could use some overall improvements because the tooltip menu that shows up when hovering over an item is covering all the items in the inventory. It is obstructing the inventory page, which makes choosing items and sorting them out a major pain.

- Headbobbing with weapons drawn - Currently there is absolutely no headbobbing when the weapons are drawn. Please improve this and make it so that headbobbing is also present when the weapons are drawn, because it breaks immersion and looks so stiff.

- More gore and interesting animations for Mantis Blades and melee weapons/cyberware in general - Mantis Blades have a very average looking animation for charge attack and it's not that interesting. Would be a lot better if impaling an enemy with them would gush out blood, ending with a decapitation or dismemberment. Same with other melee weapons. Would be nice to have more bloodier executions.

- See eyeware in first person - There are some very interesting eyewear pieces (such as glasses, cybernetics and such) in Cyberpunk and would be great if we could get an option to enable to see them in first person. Those high tech glasses that cover the face could have some interesting elements on the screen for example or better vision and such.

- Cosmetic Appearance Customization or Transmogrification - This is probably the most important feature of any RPG game. Nobody likes looking like a generic GTA character with fedoras and cargo pants or a homeless person, while trying to roleplay in a game as a head of the Corpo world. I don't enjoy having to choose stats over style, so please add this option so people can look the way they want.

Currently the player has to choose between stats or style and it shouldn't be like this. These two things should go hand-in-hand. Look great and have great stats.

- Show/Hide Cyberware - Also on topic of Visual Customization, it would be great to have an option to show/hide Cyberware on the skin. Although I do love the gameplay elements they provide, I also would love to have my hands look natural even though I am a cyborg basically.

- Vehicle Customization - This feature does not have to cover all vehicles in the game, but instead it would be better if V could instead have a signature vehicle (one car and one bike) that could both be customized. A vehicle that by lore is V's and can be customized to our heart's content. No performance tweaks, only cosmetics.

- Vehicle Repair - When damaging a vehicle, it would be great if we could repair it by opening the hood and doing some repairs on the engine like bypassing with a cable (as seen in the Nomad path at the start). To make things more interesting and interactable and immersive. Same for bikes.

- Vehicle Tires - Would be nice to pop tires and have them as an actual strategy for car chases.

- Police - The police in its current state is the worst system I've ever seen in a game. Spawning infront of the player, never chasing, corpses vanishing after just 30 seconds. The police system needs a complete overhaul and redesign. Add patrols, make them react to street shootouts, add random police chases, random police events, add an actual crime system in the city.

- Random events - Would be nice to have random events happening throughout the city that will always be there. So far what I've seen, there are no mini or major random events, just scripted missions and locations. Add some random chases, random shootouts, random hostage rescue, random thievery, random hack. Something to make the city more dynamic and interesting to play in once the scripted quests are done. Would be nice to be walking down a street and see a high speed police chase as I'm walking by. Or to come across a robbery or a hostage scene with the police.

- Nudity and Underwear - I realize that the underwear showing in first person is intentional, despite the nudity filter, but it is quite immersion and roleplay breaking and makes choosing genitalia pointless. This is a mature rated game and we aren't children. The character can be seen fully naked in the inventory screen, so there is no moral reason to not have it in first person. Considering how many reports about this you received, it's obvious the majority of players question your design choice on this one and disagree with it, because you've put so many details and emphasis on immersion, so it baffles me as to why this design decision was made in the first place and for who.

Let the underwear stay on if the player has Nudity Filter ON and let it show the genitalia if the Nudity Filter is OFF.

I think that is all for now that I can think of. As I said, I think the foundation of the game is amazing and I definitely see the potential of what it could become. It absolutely has the potential to be one of the most amazing games ever, but that depends on the next 6-12 months. I'm hoping it won't just be 6-12 months of just patching the game, because this game needs the same treatment as No Man's Sky had. Implemented promised features, redesigns and improvements on top of fixing the game as well. Right now the game to me screams Early Access and needs a 6-12 months minimum before it is even ready to be experienced the proper way. Looking forward to seeing what comes out of it.

Happy holidays.

Last edited:
The game itself seems like a good try, but that's all.
Everything that exists in the game is sloppy and incomplete.
And they seemed to have tried a lot of content and deleted it because they couldn't handle it because they weren't good at it.

Top Bottom