PC footage with Day 1 patch?

+
They aren't showing KB+M and hairworks because they're still optimizing those. They haven't sent out PC review codes for the same reason.

---------- Updated at 04:38 PM ----------

Yes, I read all of that. But higher-res textures or the sharpening filter won't bring back the graphics from 2013. The smoke effects, particles, geometry and so on - all of that has been seriously downgraded. Just watch the Rage and Steel trailer and look how the burning house looks compared to the VGX trailer.

If they're still optimizing KB+M... I'm worried.

Yes, I read all of that. But higher-res textures or the sharpening filter won't bring back the graphics from 2013. The smoke effects, particles, geometry and so on - all of that has been seriously downgraded. Just watch the Rage and Steel trailer and look how the burning house looks compared to the VGX trailer.

I agree 100% with you. BUT they are saying it can and will. I'm just showing you what THEY said. I have MANY doubts. Trust me.

Last edited:
They aren't showing KB+M and hairworks because they're still optimizing those. They haven't sent out PC review codes for the same reason.

For them to still be tweaking those things 2 days from launch is exactly whats strange and makes me question what kind of shape those things will be in at launch.

I agree 100% with you. BUT they are saying it can and will. I'm just showing you what THEY said. I have MANY doubts. Trust me.

They said it 4 months ago that they can deliver the VGX graphics. Now they're saying it's going to look like the PS4 version, except for better draw distance, hairworks and perhaps sharper textures.

They said it 4 months ago that they can deliver the VGX graphics. Now they're saying it's going to look like the PS4 version, except for better draw distance, hairworks and perhaps sharper textures.

Buddy buddy buddy - I am in COMPLETE and UTTER agreement with you :D Honestly!!! I'm just showing proof of words that were said by them in the past few days. I don't necessarily believe it. BUT this is ALL we can really go on, if you want any hope, that it's not a 1:1 console port.

I've seen it first hand (and the reason why i cancelled my PS4 preorder) that the PS4 game looks 'decent' (friend picket it up at intertoys). However even with this so called d1 patch it is far from ideal..

• Framerate is rarely a solid 30, it spends more time in the upper half of 20's and dips to the lower half in combat. The constant dipping causes alot of stuttering and some screen tear. As a byproduct input lagg seems to run rampant.
  • Jaggies, there is no AA whatshowever, or atleast it looks like there ain't
  • Ambient Occlusion is weak or non existant
  • Shadows and Reflections are not that good.
  • Textures aren't always HD
  • Really bad pop in, especially so in towns
  • Les foilage, or atleast less dense.

I think us PC owners will have a great experience, and it will not look the same as PS4 footage at all.. keep in mind alot of the subtle but very demanding post processing and filters are barely noticable in streams and videos.

Last edited:
Also keep in mind that even the latest stream with IGN was playing w/o: Sharpening filter, AA, HBAO+ and like two or three other options disabled.

Those are some of the essentials for making a game look good. I'm not surprised it looked like a console with those disabled.

Also keep in mind that even the latest stream with IGN was playing w/o: Sharpening filter, AA, HBAO+ and like two or three other options disabled.

Those are some of the essentials for making a game look good. I'm not surprised it looked like a console with those disabled.

with YouTube compression, the FXAA and Sharpening would get lost anyway. The only thing I can see that would make that stream look better is Light Shafts and HBAO (no plus).

I'm curious to see why HBAO was not on in those streams. Perhaps it's completely broken? It's not like it was only a one off, every PC stream had HBAO off.

with YouTube compression, the FXAA and Sharpening would get lost anyway. The only thing I can see that would make that stream look better is Light Shafts and HBAO (no plus).

I'm curious to see why HBAO was not on in those streams. Perhaps it's completely broken? It's not like it was only a one off, every PC stream had HBAO off.
I can't speak for the other streams, but that they also had VSync on in the IGN one. Not sure about the Amazon one I watched. They're pretty much everywhere. If they had turned VSync off I'm sure it would have allowed for all of those other settings. I have no idea why they're advertising a subpar game. It doesn't even matter if they're trying to "surprise PC owners" on release day like they've been saying, but showing off a game nowhere near max and saying it's Ultra is only going to lose you sales.

Why HBAO (noplus)? Preload information shows that the game only has the dependency files for HBAO+, and HBAO+ is literally better and uses less performance.

I was under the impression there is virtually no reason to ever use HBAO (noplus).

(Please do note that what the game settings menu calls HBAO is actually HBAO+.

Honestly, I don't know what to think of the way CDPR has handled the PC version of this game.

On one hand, they've spent the last year carpet bombing us with hours of PC footage, I don't think I've ever seen a AAA game put itself out there like that. And with the way its come back to bite them with all the downgrade discussion I'd be surprised if they ever do it again. On the flip side, you have them suddenly not sending out PC review code until post launch, the refusal to show off KB+M controls, and never showing off full ultra settings with gameworks... even in that IGN video HBAO, hairworks, light shafts and even AA are toggled off. Just doesnt add up.

I'm in the same boat as this, but i can't do anything about my Collector's Edition pre-order because it has already been sent now. The bombardment of footage looking great with all the bells and whistles, but now the dancing around disabled / removed featues and not showing off kb+m.

I have to admit, this is my last pre-order and i won't be giving away copies to someone else either. I want to play the conclusion to Geralt's story, but as far as the future is concerned, i will be a lot more careful with their games.

Guys, sorry for off-topic, but watching that 4K video with the subtitles translated to english: pure comedy gold.

I'm in the same boat as this, but i can't do anything about my Collector's Edition pre-order because it has already been sent now. The bombardment of footage looking great with all the bells and whistles, but now the dancing around disabled / removed featues and not showing off kb+m.

I have to admit, this is my last pre-order and i won't be giving away copies to someone else either. I want to play the conclusion to Geralt's story, but as far as the future is concerned, i will be a lot more careful with their games.

This is why I DON"T ever understand why PR is the way they are. They destory trust. 100% of the time..

This looks better than what I've seen this week so far..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jznAxIBCbw

Last edited:
phaino, that video is from the same guys who made the PS4 vs PC comparison that was taken down.

i realize that. but compare the 2 videos... :D I did also watch it in 4k. :D I could also just be getting used to the videos at this point and becoming senile :D Feel free to call me out.

Top Bottom