PC Game Crash Fix!

+
Howdy
After updating my Witcher 3 game I wasn't able to open the game any longer. Getting crash errors.
Tried using the UDD download from; https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html
Via this web site; https://support.cdprojektred.com/en/witcher-3/pc/sp-technical/issue/992/my-game-crashes-4
Plus allot of other avenues to fix the game. Nothing worked. Well, seems the only one that did work for me was to make the "The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt GOTY" folder and change the name to "OldThe Witcher 3 Wild Hunt GOTY". Then restart a new game install. Which in turn creates a new folder in its place that you will be able to start and play the game once again. From there one has a working platform to install your modes and what have you. Have a great day. ;) :p:giggle:

installed game, started it + played intro, second start of game error message on both GOG galaxy starting and witcher3 icon:
GalaxyClient.exe - Anwendungsfehler, Anwendung konnte nicht korrekt gestartet werden (0xc0150002).
Please help

sorry my windows and all other games + apps are running good in windows 11, only this game crashes
so this is nothing to windows drivers

sorry my windows and all other games + apps are running good in windows 11, only this game crashes
so this is nothing to windows drivers
This is irrelevant if the system is having trouble with the program in question. The first thing to consider if a program crashes at launch is the Windows system config -- especially Windows Redistributables -- in particular:
Visual Studio
Visual C++
.NET Framework
XNA Framework

These are the culprits for most failure to launch or crash-at-startup issues. Try installing Visual Studio / C++ first, both the x86 and x64 versions of each, in order, from 2015 onward. If the system can't use one, it will simply notify you.

Also, can everyone post their specs -- like so:

AMD Ryzen 5600X
16 GB DDR4 RAM
Nvidia RTX 3060
Western Digital M.2 SSD, 500 GB
Samsung EVO 870 SSD, 1 TB (Game installed here!)
Western Digital HDD, 1 TB
Windows 11, v. 10.0.22621.1413

specs: I-7 9700K, Nvidia RTX2070, Samsung EVO 870 SSD 1TB (game here), WIN 11 Home 22H2 - 22621.1702
installed vis c++ files: please see attached picture

Attachments

• visc.png
    visc.png
    198.1 KB · Views: 32
specs: I-7 9700K, Nvidia RTX2070, Samsung EVO 870 SSD 1TB (game here), WIN 11 Home 22H2 - 22621.1702
installed vis c++ files: please see attached picture
Did you just re-install / repair them? Or were they already there?

Also, the Visual Studio section seems to be 2010 only? Are more recent versions installed? (There is definitely a Studio 2022 version, so there have been releases since 2010. That could be it.)

installed all of them with this download, booted new - same error message.
Maybe anything with my antivirus SW (Bitdefender) ?

installed all of them with this download, booted new - same error message.
Maybe anything with my antivirus SW (Bitdefender) ?
It's definitely possible. Aggressive anti-virus has always been a thorn (Norton, McAffee, Comodo, etc.)

installed game, started it + played intro, second start of game error message on both GOG galaxy starting and witcher3 icon:
GalaxyClient.exe - Anwendungsfehler, Anwendung konnte nicht korrekt gestartet werden (0xc0150002).
Please help
You most probably dont have installed NET framework 3.5, watch this tutorial:
Or this (doesn't metter which one, all should be for win10/11)

thanks for the hint, but .net 3.5 was installed already.
Crazy thing is that the game run and i was able to play the intro, next day this error appears for both the launcher and the GOG shortcut.
Post automatically merged:

do someone has an idea how to reach the support for witcher3 on PC ?

thanks - hopefully they wil answer and we find a solution - never had such an issue with a game at the bginning.

This error message Cleary showing that ur system have missing or have corrupted some of visual c++ redist files or net framework. Form me is best to do format if nothings helps.
Post automatically merged:

Last edited:
hmmm, all other apps + games work fine... only this game does not want to run
If you google your error > The application was unable to start correctly 0xc0150002
You will notice that most of people encounter it on one game or one application while everything else run fine. Error most likely due to a system file corruption in windows.
- Everything should appear as well installed, but as long as the "culprit" file still corrupted, the application/game won't start and return this error.
- Depending of which file is corrupted, it could affect different application/game (depending of which files these apllications/games use).

Last edited:
deinstalled all vis C++ apps and reinstaled them after reboot - same error
deinstalled GOG and witcher3. autorun does not work so I start installing from DVD with the app setup.exe on DVD - is this ok ?

Have you run an System File Check to make sure none of your core Windows files got broken? From an elevated command prompt

SFC /scannow

That will scan you Windows main directory and the System32 directory and is especially important after a hard crash like a Blue Screen or a crash and reboot

As far as autorun not working that's a good thing and should be turned off on all systems and starting from setup.exe should be just fine because all autostart is is a shortcut pointing to setup.exe. Autostart is a great attack vector for hackers to install trojans, viruses and rootkits so you really don't want it to work anymore

Last edited:
Top Bottom