[PC]Gamepad/controller bug?

+
So I was using Gamepad in photomod. However when I was switching between keyboard and gamepad, the right stick stopped working until restarted the game.

Even without photomod, if I switch between K/b and gamepad , gamepad's right stick stops working. Gamepad used: Logitech Wireless Gamepad f710

Make sure it's not a controller issue by playing a different game and switching from keyboard and mouse to controller. If it isn't a controller issue, try reconfiguring your steam controller settings.

I have the exact same issue. Restarting the game fixes it sometimes but when I switch between keyboard+mouse / gamepad mid game the right stick, right bumper, and right trigger all stop working. Additionally, pressing right trigger and right bumper together at the same time seems to make the game register that I'm holding right trigger even after I release the two buttons. Replicated this issue with two separate xbox one controllers.

I have the same problem.
Windows 10 PC, with XBox 360 controller.
If I at all touch the mouse, then right stick stops working, need to restart to get it back.

Hmm, I'd suggest reporting this to support:

Might be some issue with certain mouse devices, hard to tell.

Hi, workaround for all pad issues on GOG:
1. Add Cyberpunk main game executable to Steam as a 'non-Steam game'
2. Go to Steam > Settings > Controller > GENERAL CONTROLLER SETTING
3. Select/Check your gaming controller. For example, PlayStation Configuration Support
4. Run game on Steam

3. Select/Check your gaming controller. For example, PlayStation Configuration Support
4. Run game on Steam
Unfortunately, that did nothing for me. Both sticks and the R bumper refuse to work. For the record, I have the same issue with using a PS controller.

First of all update firmware on your controller. I had a lot of issues on Xbox Elite2 Controller, but firmware update and this workaround I shared solved all of them. Good luck

Okay. Some other program was intercepting commands from my controller. Closing it fixed the issue. Phew.

Had a similar issue yesterday where I couldn't move the camera in photo mode at all using the analogue sticks on an official xbox one controller. Later on I could so I don't know if it's locked during certain moments during dialogue perhaps? On the other hand the game sometimes has issues with the handbrakes being locked while driving and/or it won't allow me to accelerate or steer for some reason (clearly a bug) so it might be related.

4. Run game on Steam

Thank you so much! I had a glitch after patch 1.05 with wired Xbox controller - B button was suddenly mapped to both crouch and jump + whenever I tried to sprint with LS it would bring up a visual keyboard. Also in menus, the cursor would snap to buttons in a really annoying way - usually it would snap to buttons I didn't want. Routing the controls through Steam fixes that.

Easy question. Because it's more pleasant drive with sticks instead asdw. And other games like fight games, hack and slash, some thirth person action, etc. as well. Pad cotroller it's a also a pc periferic.

This has been driving me crazy. I prefer using the controller when driving and casually walking around, and using the mouse+keyboard for action. Starting the game directly from its installation folder, or via GOG or Steam, all yield the same results. The controller will stop working no matter what, at some point or another. I have tried it on a wireless Xbox One controller and a wired Xbox 360 controller. Same thing happens every play session.

However mine doesn't simply stop working when switching between the two. That would be even worse, I suppose. I can switch back and forth fine for some time, but inevitably the controller will randomly stop working eventually. Same issue as those cited here: right bumper, trigger, joystick all stop working.

Restarting the game does fix it, although sometimes I just continue playing and it will randomly start working again. Something must be triggering it in the game that causes it to stop, and then conversely, to start back up again.

Last edited:
So I haven't had this happen to me for a few weeks. Didn't see it mentioned in any patch notes. No idea what I'm doing differently now if they didn't fix it.

F1 indeed fixed this issue for me. However, using controller comesfor me with graphical glitch when the inputs prompts switch around like crazy, and during conversations the prompt to skip away the conversation starts duplicating on the right side of the screen (As I also sometimes use controller for the high tech walk function that is otherwise only available via mods or for gamepad users.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom