PC Hotfix is available!

+

Alicja.

CD PROJEKT RED

We’ve just released a hotfix for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt on PC which should improve overall stability and performance of the game, and fix GOG & Steam overlays. The game version won’t change.

At the same time, the next-gen update has been released for the Origin version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. The game version is going to be 4.0.

Our teams are working on further improving the experience on all platforms. For more details, check out our article on currently investigated issues.

Any plans releasing patch notes? Eg default settings and presets changed significantly. Stuff like this would be nice to know about. On a sidenote pre-rendered cutscenes seem to lock to eighter 28 or 33 fps making them horribly stuttery.

Merry Christmas to the team!

Any plans releasing patch notes? Eg default settings and presets changed significantly. Stuff like this would be nice to know about. On a sidenote pre-rendered cutscenes seem to lock to eighter 28 or 33 fps making them horribly stuttery.

Merry Christmas to the team!
CDP finaly publish patch note on GoG app:

1671561719280.png

question is where are thoes improvments? By deleting d3d11on12.dll from x64_d12 folder? (on clean install it missing)
Nice improvements...

I still cant play the game, i can start a new game and play it but i cant load the save i was playing before the update, ive tried with regular game old saves and DLC saves.

Guest 4670038

We’ve just released a hotfix for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt on PC which should improve overall stability and performance of the game, and fix GOG & Steam overlays. The game version won’t change.

At the same time, the next-gen update has been released for the Origin version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. The game version is going to be 4.0.

Our teams are working on further improving the experience on all platforms. For more details, check out our article on currently investigated issues.
Is this HOTFIX coming to EA/Origin app? Also, should those of us that purchased the game via EA/Origin expect to have to wait a decade for all future released HOTFIX/patches from now on?

Last edited by a moderator:
GOG Galaxy, simply patching the game requires completely redownloading the entire [...] game? [...]

[Edited for tone -- SigilFey]

It does not, it only downloads the 2 GB patch and then patches 52 GB of game files .... It DOES NOT download the entire 52 GB. I already explained this on another thread, if you open up the Witcher 3 folder in File Explorer you can see it creates a temp folder, downloads the 2 GB patch to it then it moves the files it needs to patch over from the main directories, patches them, moves the newly patched files back over to the main folders and then deletes the temp folder it created.

[Edited for tone -- SigilFey]

And we can certainly communicate without any hostility at all. If only life always worked out perfectly and problem-free! If only that!

Happy holidays to everyone!

Top Bottom