PC Hotfix is available!

+
Drain FPS issue on my RTX 3060. With previous version (4.0 without hotfix) it still get over 144fps. But now very unstable

How can you mess this up as well? I had 80-100 fps, gpu utilisation was always above 90%, now after the patch i get 45-80 fps and 60% utilisation. Funny thing is the utilisation is 99% In cutscenes. Fairly annoying i have to admit. You can take your patch back, it only made things worse.

There seems to be an persistent issue with witcher sense.
GPU util and thus fps drop significantly when turning on witcher sense (exact same thing without any mods).
This is exclusive to DX11.

Witcher sense inactive:
witcher3_2022_12_19_17_33_51_855.png

Witcher sense active:
witcher3_2022_12_19_17_33_57_379.png

This

Last edited:
Still broken. 7900 XTX, 5950X, Win 11, Ultra settings. Game hangs at the end of the courtyard training session cinematic with young Ciri when loading icon appears. It freezes, but I can still hear audio. Also, when I load an old save game (at Corvino) with Ultra settings, it crashes to desktop.

We’ve just released a hotfix for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt on PC which should improve overall stability and performance of the game, and fix GOG & Steam overlays. The game version won’t change.

At the same time, the next-gen update has been released for the Origin version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. The game version is going to be 4.0.

Our teams are working on further improving the experience on all platforms. For more details, check out our article on currently investigated issues.
im still having the issue of a total crash... cant start the game from steam anymore. always prompts me to send report and i do. (i own a gtx 1080ti)

I see some improvement with the exception of Novigrad, which is the bane of frame rate in the next gen version. I hope this can be improved as well.

Thank you so much for working on all platforms. Just reading that you guys care about improving and making all platforms run great not just PC made my eyes tear up a little with relief. I know many have given you negative comments..but to my understanding is it seems running Witcher 3 in raytracing mode is a big challenge with allot of difficulties. Once again thank you I'm going to be waiting patiently to experience Rtx on Xbox series x.
Post automatically merged:

You should definitely report and be specific what issues you are facing at Cdproject technical support website. Email them it's going to help improve and make them understand what's going on to ensure the fixes are large or small if necessary. Communication is important remember this :)

Last edited:
Before the ''hotfix'' i dont have any fps drop problems on DX11 version. After this ''hotfix'' i have still DX12 problems and unfortunately i have fps drop problems on DX11 version. Good job.
Also i have 2.2gb update on steam.

what i see on this hotfix

1) switching RT features , don't get anymore crash

2) frametime fps
since the update launch , if play with uncaped fps ,
with my setting graphics , on DX 12 build , going to 40 at 80 fps with framettme fps 9ms to 30ms
since the hotfix less fps hoverall but frametime above 14/20 ms
if i cap my fps to 30 , frametime is steady above 9ms
( feeling less input lag , lag in game )

dlss on quality less blurry , in case with cap fps 30

3) i can use now LOD on ultra+ setting

not getting improvement boost fps/performance , but gain on stability , reduce lag , fix crash

this hotfix is very wellcome .
first fix stability , then they can look at performance issues and improvement issues :)

only issues since hotfix , i use a lot photo mode
rendering take more time ( but they fix DOF issues enable ) , and photo mode active , i see my fps drop ,
going on option menu , now getting more fps drop

For me 4.0 worked great at RT Ultra+ setting in 4k. Had a solid 120+ FPS at all times with RT turned on and DLSS set at quality.

Then I hit Velen and was barely hitting 5 FPS. Turning off RT fixed it.

Hotfix has fixed this. Solid 100+ FPS in Velen with RT on. I still get weird light shadings in dark areas and some random graphical oddities but overall a great hotfix as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks!

Still broken. 7900 XTX, 5950X, Win 11, Ultra settings. Game hangs at the end of the courtyard training session cinematic with young Ciri when loading icon appears. It freezes, but I can still hear audio. Also, when I load an old save game (at Corvino) with Ultra settings, it crashes to desktop.
same issue here
3080 TI, 5900X, Windows 10, tried various settings (from low to ultra)

12700KF + RTX 4090 in ultrawide 1440p, I still get very low fps without DLSS+FG on. I used to get over 200 fps in v1.32 so why all this mess with RTs? If you can't optimize RT in your games, don't release them. Same deal with Cyberpunk on launch. You ruined my favorite game of all time, thanks for nothing. How do I revert to v1.32? I swear, I'm never paying another dime on your games.

Well I bought Witcher 3 right after Next Gen release, because I am a huge fan of Ray Tracing. If I don't stream on Twitch, the game runs well on WQHD and RT ULTRA with 30fps cap. As soon as I start stream, after couple hours I get AMD Driver Timeout, this happens couple times in a row. This weird issue happens only if I play Witcher 3, Cyperpunk 2077 doesn't has the same issue. I could play CP for days and it wouldn't crash or something. When it comes to gameplay, I don't see performance improvement, because if I cap FPS 60, I do get about up to 55fps? Peak.....but it doesn't look like 50fps or whatever, still not smooth, only if I cap 30, the game runs how it should. My PC specs are followed:

XFX Speedster MERC319 Radeon RX 6900XT Black
Ryzen 9 5900x
32gb ram 3200mhz
1300w platinum psu

I would not say it's a weak machine and even Cyberpunk runs better than compared to Witcher 3. Somehow insane...... Still this hotfix gives me hope, I will test on stream, if I get AMD Driver Timeout again, seems like I can not enjoy the game together with my little Community. Like I said, happens only with Witcher 3.
Post automatically merged:

12700KF + RTX 4090 in ultrawide 1440p, I still get very low fps without DLSS+FG on. I used to get over 200 fps in v1.32 so why all this mess with RTs? If you can't optimize RT in your games, don't release them. Same deal with Cyberpunk on launch. You ruined my favorite game of all time, thanks for nothing. How do I revert to v1.32? I swear, I'm never paying another dime on your games.
Even I can play with WQHD and RT ULTRA settings, you just have to cap your fps to 30. To have a RTX 4090 doesn't mean you can play everything on that resolution with ultra ray tracing while still getting high fps like 200? Will not happen.

Last edited:
I’m still getting low 20s fps in Novegrad on my rtx 3080. 4k, RT on, dlss on performance. Gpu utilization at about 80%
Also, about every third cutscene, the entire scene is played in single digit fps. When gameplay resumes, the low fps stays. I have to restart the game to fix it

Still can't even start a new game with RT enabled - crashes during the intro Yen/Geralt cutscene, or shortly after if I skip it.
Win 10/5900x/3080/64gb ram, dx12, rt enabled, dlss/hairworks off.

Did this before the update, still does this after the update.

Update, for me, now means stutter without RT on and RT on still unplayable due to massive stutter. Yesterday no stutter with RT off and RT on wasn't as bad.
Aren't updates supposed to improve things ?

AMD 3700X, 32GB ram, RTX 2070 Super playing at 1440p.

GPU usage under 75% (RTX 3090), CPU usage under 50% (i9 12900k). Two CPU cores hitting 100% usage and I think it's somehow a bottleneck...

Also the game runs slightly better in towns and worse outside. I prefer better outside, as this is mostly where we fight monsters.

Top Bottom