PC Hotfix is available!

+

Alicja.

CD PROJEKT RED

We’ve just released a hotfix for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt on PC which should improve overall stability and performance of the game, and fix GOG & Steam overlays. The game version won’t change.

At the same time, the next-gen update has been released for the Origin version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. The game version is going to be 4.0.

Our teams are working on further improving the experience on all platforms. For more details, check out our article on currently investigated issues.

3090ti,5800 1080p - RT on,RT shadows off,DLSS - quality,hair off,all other on ultra: around 45 -57 fps in town,out of town around 60 + stutter is still there,even worse if i enable all on,so is unplayable for me. All in dx12. This upgrade + gameplay changes make game worse.I was so hyped to play this game with rt on.Im not angry,just disappointed.

Less FPS on DX 11, and DX12, Nice HOTFIX CDP... thank you... i don't have more str for U. Bye Next Gen W3...

Dunno if it's only my problem but be aware and make copy of gamefolder before you update to this Hotfix...

IT WORKS, I can play on Ultra Settings now
Ah.. it seemed to work for me. Initially getting about 46 fps reported from Afterburner with RT Ultra and much less jumpiness in the frametimes. But then changed a few settings, like the DLSS and display resolution, now getting worse performance with ray-trace off. Seems very haphazard what works and when. Not sure I trust if any of the settings are actually doing what they're suppose to.

[EDIT] also seeing 100% GPU usage (RTX 3070) and 3% CPU (Ryzen 5 3600), ultra setings but ray-tracing off, which seems a bit whacky. During a cut scene.

Guest 4071710

Some of the weird stuttering is gone for me (moving camera around fast) but when i run with Geralt it is still kinda choppy, also sometimes inputs lag for a second. Even dropping settings to the lowest aint fixing that, very weird. Cyberpunk on the other hand smooth as butter even at low fps on my rig.

First of all thanks for the hotfix.
There are definitely improvements, more stable and slightly better FPS, but it still lacks optimization as the gpu usage is still around 80.
I hope it will get better with the future updates.

Ah.. it seemed to work for me. Initially getting about 46 fps reported from Afterburner with RT Ultra and much less jumpiness in the frametimes. But then changed a few settings, like the DLSS and display resolution, now getting worse performance with ray-trace off. Seems very haphazard what works and when. Not sure I trust if any of the settings are actually doing what they're suppose to.

[EDIT] also seeing 100% GPU usage (RTX 3070) and 3% CPU (Ryzen 5 3600), ultra setings but ray-tracing off, which seems a bit whacky. During a cut scene.

I have also noticed that if i change some settings, the game will run better or worse. Even if i lower some settings, the game does not work better.

Still no update on ORIGIN/EA , please tell us when are you going to fix this???

We’ve just released a hotfix for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt on PC which should improve overall stability and performance of the game, and fix GOG & Steam overlays. The game version won’t change.

At the same time, the next-gen update has been released for the Origin version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. The game version is going to be 4.0.

Our teams are working on further improving the experience on all platforms. For more details, check out our article on currently investigated issues.

after the hotfix I cant load my saves anymore, its stuck after the loading video ends.
I can create new saves, but not load my most recent ones

edit: Checking file integrity fixed it, it seems something went badly updating.

Last edited:
Thanks!

Though I'd really appreciate if you could put HBAO+ back into the game aswell!!
Since otherwise the next-gen update seems like quite a downgrade for those who don't use or have a raytracing gpu, like myself.

Have a nice day :)

Top Bottom