PC Hotfix

+
Sorry to break it to you, but the VRAM memory leak when using RT is still there.

i5-13600k
32GB DDR5 5600MHZ CAS 36
GEFORCE RTX 3070

Windows 11 - fresh install, fully update as of today

I have put more details of everything I've tried and there are others reporting the same problem over on Reddit (link)
u can look at my mod

All-in-One RT Performance Tweaks (GI_AO) - Memory Leak Fix:​

https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/7979
Greatly Improves both CPU and GPU performance with up from 50% FPS boost compared to Vanila RT performance mode and there is solution for memory leak

Last edited:
I'm not a complain guy, but the "purple spider-web" in ray-tracing mode still makes me Out of role, and what makes me unbearable is that the new traditional-Chinese font is really ugly, why replace it……

I have tried everything I can think of to play Witcher 3 on my PC. It starts loading up with all the stuff before it gets you to the screen with Settings, play game, etc and crashes out to the desktop with no error messages. I have verified the files uninstalled and reinstalled the game and still having massive issues.. I need help!

I have tried everything I can think of to play Witcher 3 on my PC. It starts loading up with all the stuff before it gets you to the screen with Settings, play game, etc and crashes out to the desktop with no error messages. I have verified the files uninstalled and reinstalled the game and still having massive issues.. I need help!
did you tried every step below?
Everyone who having problems with game crashing (nvm if it's DX11 or DX12) should fist do:
1) delete all "dx12user.settings" and "user.settings" file in ur "<documents>/The Witcher 3" Folder. (When you start the game this files will be automaticly restored to default config, you just need to configure again ur in game gameplay, graphic, video etc. settings)
2) go to "<ur game directory>/bin/" folder and delete folders: "x64_dx12" and "x64" and "config" (if u having mods ini files there, then first do backup of thoes) and run game werify/repair in GOG/Steam client, to downloads thoes files again.
3) delete "Mods" folder if you have it in "<ur game direcotry>/" (first do copy of ur mods if you have ones)
4) update ur GPU drivers and Game update to newest version.
5) go to "<ur game directory>/bin/x64" (for dx11) or "... bin/x64_dx12/" and open properties of ur file: "witcher3.exe", go to tab "compatibility" and mark "run this program as an administrator" and also "disable fulscreen optimizations". Remember to first run game witchout any mods installed!
6)
disable all in game overlay, on Steam settings, GOG settings, on Geforce Experiences Settings or AMD Adrenaline.
7) if you playing on laptop, then change ur system power plan to "Performance" and in your dedicated GPU Control Panel change 3D program settings for your game exe and then select preferred graphic processor for this program/game to "High performance <ur GPU> processor"
8) if still DX11 mode crashing and if ur GPU supports Vulkan technology, then download DXVK dll:
- download newest "dxvk-...tar.gz" from: https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/releases
- unpack this file and from "x64" folder copy: "d3d11.dll" and "dxgi.dll" in to the same location where is the game .exe (This will force the game to use vulkan instead of the DX11)
9) for AMD RX 7900 XT/X series GPU try to change game AA from FSR to TAAU. (Yea i know u will get smaller performance, but for now it maybe only available solution, untill AMD or CDPR fix it in new driver/game patch, that lost performance in RT you can restore by installing my mod: All-In-One RT Tweaks)
10) if you ur PC have lower then 32GB RAM, then Increese system virtual memory size:
Click Start > All Programs > Control Panel > System > Advanced > Performance > Settings > Advanced > Virtual Memory. Click Change. In Customize size set "Initial Size" to 16384 (MB) and "Maximum Size" to 49152 (MB) (or 65536 MB max)
11) If ur game crashing at same specific place or quest cutsceen then change to other DX mode (DX11 or DX12) and complite this quest or do more progress and then save and return back to previous DX mode
12) for DX12 mode and If your GPU dosn't support DLSS or you don't using it, then delete "sl.dlss_g.dll" and "sl.dlss.dll" from <ur game directory>\bin\x64_dx12" folder.
Even if you don't use DLSS this dll files may be cause randomly crashes
(To be know, that after deleting this files you cannot use DLSS AA or DLSS 3 Frame Gen. on RTX GPU anymore untill you restore this dll file)
13) Smillar tip like in ponit 12, but instead removing those files you can replace them using DLSS to FSR 2.1.2 replecment mod, it's offer much better AA quality and sometimes even higher performance, it's great option for AMD GPU or NVidia GTX (but for those GPU that doesn't support RT still DX11 + TAAU is even better option): https://steamcommunity.com/app/292030/discussions/0/3819655463294863618/

Not sure if this will work on a steam version. But the original Witcher 3 from GOG could be played straight from the Directory it was installed too. It doesn't save achievements etc,. But you can play it.

GOTY ver upgraded. File version 4.0.1.5600 23/02/2023 8:28 pm Stopped updating at this update, I'll give them a lot of time to get it right before trying again twice is enough.
On mine it's in D:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt GOTY\bin\x64\witcher3.exe

I'm playing it from the Directory now. From an old 2015 save

Worth a crack with the steam version.

Cheers Bob.

The quality is much worse than in the original version... I don't understand how it is possible to release iru in such a way and half of the mods stopped working,
fps dropped to 30...

Top Bottom